Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,996
Posts9,731,578
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Eberlestock G2 Gunslinger II backpack well worth the money. #6644572 01/23/17 10:25 AM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
I bought the Eberlestock G2 Gunslinger II backpack with the frame and adjustable straps back in the summer of 2015 and it's the best backpack I have ever owned and very well made. It has the built in scabbard so I bought the large scabbard top and the scope and crown protector accessories for it. It's set up for a water bladder and you can buy extra side saddle pockets and stuff like that for it Incase you need more room. It also has molle webbing on it so you can attach all kinds of stuff to the pack. It has 2,700 cubic inches of room and weighs just over 8 pounds. The measurements are 22"h x 10"w x 8"d with nothing in it and the thing has adjustable straps all over the pack. I had back surgery and am still recovering from it so I have a hard time using my other packs when going out to the blind to hunt. So far I haven't had any back pain while wearing this backpack on my back. I am even able to stuff the thing to the point where it weighs 50 pounds and still have no problem with it on my back. Sometimes I will pack a clear trash bag filled with 10-12 pounds of corn to throw out around the feeder if we are hunting for hogs at night. Then the buddy heater and some tanks for it on top of that in the pack ends up weighing a good amount. Plus the water and other stuff we bring out for the night all ends up weighing a lot in the end. No matter how light you try to go, you always end up bringing out more lol. They don't run cheap but I was able to get it for a really good price at American Shooting Center in west Houston. I don't know how they are able to sell them for such a lower price but they do and they told me that they sell a lot of them. They are weather proof but not waterproof so I ended up buying the reversible two sided rain cover for it. One side is camo and the other side is blaze orange. That's the only thing I don't like about it. My hunting buddy has a really screwed up spine so I basically have to pack everything in for him so I needed a good size backpack. So I usually pack his rifle in it, carry my rifle and give him my 1911 Incase a hog takes a run at him while walking to the blind. I have put the pack through hell since getting it and it's held up fine so far. I will be buying a smaller one this year to take up in to the ladder stand with me when I bowhunt. If you are looking for a well made comfortable backpack then go to a Eberlestock dealer and try one out. They are definitely worth the money and easy on your back.

Re: Eberlestock G2 Gunslinger II backpack well worth the money. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6644651 01/23/17 01:28 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Sounds great! I love my J107 too. Fits me perfectly and I couldn't do without the rifle scabbard in the mountains. I bought an A1X1 for a sheep hunt this year since a big pack isn't required.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Eberlestock G2 Gunslinger II backpack well worth the money. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6645333 01/23/17 09:12 PM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Nice! Yeah it's the most comfortable backpack that I have owned so far. Good luck on your hunt. Post some pics when you are done please.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide