Forums46
Topics538,046
Posts9,732,330
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6635228 01/16/17 06:59 PM
S
Son of a Blitch Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
WOW!!!!! That is messed up. No tolerance. Lock him up for a long time!

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6635261 01/16/17 07:16 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T

Last edited by talkturkey; 01/16/17 07:17 PM.
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6635273 01/16/17 07:23 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
crazy about filming hunts on a ranch that he works at and has no right to hunt.

as for the video:

Deer and hunt was way oversold. I hear " I busted a big, mature 8 point" I wanna see a 5 or 6 year old 8 that scores 140 or better. not a 3 1/2 deer that is in the 110's. this has been done forever, in one of the original monster bucks vid's bob foulkrod shot a 2 1/2 year old 110" deer on the perlitz ranch and tried to pass it off as a good buck

the whole video lacked substance and seemed more like a video a first time hunter would make for self-promotion to put on facebook and say "look at me" than a person who has been there before.

IMO you need to get rid of the AR and use a bolt gun.....your deer hunting not playing Call of Duty

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6635419 01/16/17 09:35 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Deserves to be in jail. You'd have to be a complete idiot to think someone wouldn't recognize the ranch and especially the inside of the ranch house bang

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6635956 01/17/17 04:14 AM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
roflmao

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6636225 01/17/17 02:23 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
woops

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6636830 01/17/17 09:10 PM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Y'all need to go check out the thread on this over at tbh. Pretty amazing! smile

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: wtr] #6636885 01/17/17 09:48 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: wtr
Y'all need to go check out the thread on this over at tbh. Pretty amazing! smile

It's absolutely hilarious to me that the "hunter" is actually asking people how the video is bad...

I don't fault him for being lied to, but the video is just absolutely terrible.

No knowledge of basically anything.
Calls young deer "mature, huge" etc.
Hunts with an AR.
Practices terrible firearm safety.
Has no idea what he's even looking at. Wanted to shoot what was probably a yearling or 2.5 yr old before he settled on a 3.5 yr old.
Asks shallow, information'less questions to the "professional hunter" the majority of the recording...

There was nothing good about it. Again, was like watching 13-yr-old me the first time I ever crawled into a deer blind. Absolutely not production level hunting in any capacity.

Again, sucks he was lied to and that's not on him, but actually questioning people that (correctly) pointed out the video was garbage is probably ill-founded.

Tuck your tail and take your beating and move on. When you drop a big, steaming dump, people are likely to tell you it stinks.

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: wtr] #6636893 01/17/17 09:50 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K

HERE IS WHERE IT STARTS TO GET GOOD...

Last edited by kdkane1971; 01/17/17 09:50 PM.
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: cameron00] #6637587 01/18/17 04:40 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

It's absolutely hilarious to me that the "hunter" is actually asking people how the video is bad...

I don't fault him for being lied to, but the video is just absolutely terrible.

No knowledge of basically anything.
Calls young deer "mature, huge" etc.
Hunts with an AR.
Practices terrible firearm safety.
Has no idea what he's even looking at. Wanted to shoot what was probably a yearling or 2.5 yr old before he settled on a 3.5 yr old.
Asks shallow, information'less questions to the "professional hunter" the majority of the recording...

There was nothing good about it. Again, was like watching 13-yr-old me the first time I ever crawled into a deer blind. Absolutely not production level hunting in any capacity.

Again, sucks he was lied to and that's not on him, but actually questioning people that (correctly) pointed out the video was garbage is probably ill-founded.

Tuck your tail and take your beating and move on. When you drop a big, steaming dump, people are likely to tell you it stinks.

Thanks for the feedback. Like I said I can take heat, and I have never faulted anyone for commenting negatively as "couch commentary" is normal and to be expected. Everyone has their views and opinions and I respect them all. I am not perfect and I learn from my mistakes.

But a few things I would like to point out:

Before I even moved the rifle down after the shot the safety went on and the muzzle stayed away from me at all times. Firearm safety is always number one. Maybe I should have ut it on camera but before I left the blind the round that was still in the chamber did come out of the firearm before I headed out of the blind.

Many people hunt with an AR, and I use my .308 AR for everything, and there is nothing wrong with that.

That deer was about 4.5 and I made the mistake trying to get more out of it for the sake of the video. Lesson learned. But still weighed 180 lbs on the hoof and was big bodied and a solid 8
point from what I am used to seeing up here in East Texas.

On the second deer I left my sunshade in my bad so the angle of the sun made the screen pretty blurry so when I took the shot I lost sight for a slip second right after the shot and I am used to dropping them in their tracks, so yes I questioned myself if I had missed somehow.

As for the interview... When you ask several questions and the interviewee freezes and doe snot do well on camera you change up the game of the interview to at least make it flow.

But another ironic thing is that I received mostly positive feedback until the hammer dropped about Garrett himself. And I was the one to post the scam alert about him in the first place in efforts to gain more accounts of hunters to come forward to the Game Warden after I spoke with him.

Did not have a spotting scope for the bob cat and he was about 400 yards out walking straight for us, as soon as he turned sideways we were able to identify it.

Lots of people use drone while hunting and filming, but due to a delay regarding 8 illegals and waiting for border patrol to come so they could arrest them, we got to the blind late and I had to get my area video quick before the hunt actually started. So I flew it from inside the blind no remembering the lights it had on the bottom would stay on and not turn off with the sleep mode. Lesson learned there...

Once again thank you for the feedback and I will take all of it to hear when creating my future videos :-)

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 01/18/17 04:48 AM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: Jgraider] #6637595 01/18/17 04:45 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Sorry, but I couldn't watch it all......nothing personal here, but:

As Pitchfork said, someone there has no clue how to age a deer, and repeating that nonsense makes you look foolish.

Mistaking a bobcat for a mountain lion....seriously?

Flying a drone around, from the blind, while hunting....?

No fan of AR's for hunting big game either myself. Makes you look like you just left Academy Sports.

Once again thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 01/18/17 04:48 AM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: fouzman] #6637605 01/18/17 04:53 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by fouzman
Josh, you asked for constructive criticism, so here goes.

1. Poor firearrm handling after the shot. In your haste to get your gun out of frame, you could have had an awful accident in that stand.

2. Music over commentary in some of the live video. I'd rather hear what you're saying.

3. Your first kill scores about 85-100" and is 2-3 years old. That is NOT a solid, big, mature 8 pt.

4. During hunting season, 99.9% of deer are that year plus .5 years old. So your 5 to pushing 5.5 yrs old is misleading. Learn more about your prey.

5. On your second kill, the wall hanger, no close-ups?

6. On your third deer, "did I get him?". Really? Again, more close ups and perhaps a few stills?

7. Don't call an outfitter a professional hunter. Two completely different things.

8. I wish Mr. Duval all the best as an outfitter. He's young and will surely evolve into a "professional", but sleeping in and representing deer to be something they're not, typically means a short-lived career in his chosen industry.

9. Way too much fireside chat and not near enough in-field video. What's with the lawn chairs in the final segment. Different ranch?

10. Posture. Act and look professional, not slouching over.

11. If you want to do your sponsors a favor, go shoot some pronghorns. Compensating for crosswinds at 200 yards is nothing new. We've been doing it with fixed reticles and iron sights since before the turn of the century.

12. Tell us more about where you're hunting at the outset of your show. Where in STX? What county, what time of year? What other wildlife is prevalent in the area? What is the climate? Habitat and plant communities that benefit wildlife? Any local history? What's the weather doing and how do you expect it to affect the hunt?

All of that can be done as your introduction through video and photos in a very short segment. While you narrate.

Good luck, Josh!
fouz

Great feedback. Thank you!

And I agree the narration and fireplace commentary was not my favorite part but was a request by the guide.. Although we all know how he turned out.

But I build the videos around the requests of the guides and outfitters.. Here is one I did sort of my own style and a lot less commentary and more hunting involved.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6637646 01/18/17 05:52 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
What the What? This has to be one of the craziest things I have ever read on here. The guy selling these hunts had some major huevos to go along with a severe case of stupid.

Last edited by NDN98; 01/18/17 05:53 AM.
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6637790 01/18/17 01:44 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Hog Video:

If the intention was to have me laugh, you succeeded when you were slinging lead with abandon on that sounder. I've never seen in slow motion so many missed shots on a tight group like that. I can see your young and green when it comes to hunting. We all have to start somewhere and I'm guessing you have been trying to figure it out on the fly.

I'm all for killing hogs. As many as possible. But if your going to film it and post it, I suggest giving it more thought through editing before you post it. Slinging lead at night with a high powered rifle through brush at moving animals is going to bring a lot of negative criticism your way from the public. I doubt that this is what your sponsors want as far as public perception.

Before you do any more spot and stalk hunts, get some Bog Pod shooting sticks. You owe it to the animals your shooting at to at least try to make good clean kill shots but also makes the video much easier to continue watching without the shaky image.

Lastly, stop trying to defend making those young bucks you killed older than they were. Consider it a lesson learned and move on. As one of our members pointed out, you just make yourself look foolish and I can tell that's not what you want to accomplish. I wish you luck with your future videos.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6637800 01/18/17 01:49 PM
lawndart956 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
You might need more experience but we all do...if we want to admit it or not. The only part of your video that makes me crazy is how you hold your rifle by the mag well when you shoot. Not a big deal at all but it is like nails on a chalk board to me.

But what do I know! As the kids say "You do you!"

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6637830 01/18/17 02:04 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I guess I'd just suggest you learn even the most rudimentary basics before making videos and trying to sell yourself as some sort of hunter. We can all shoot guns. My 6-yr-old can do that. It'd probably go over a whole lot better if you just started your videos saying you don't know anything and are a beginner filming the process of learning of it all.

When you try to come across like you know what you're doing and just very, very obviously do not, it's almost insulting for anyone that's hunted longer than a year to watch.

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: cameron00] #6638815 01/19/17 01:45 AM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I guess I'd just suggest you learn even the most rudimentary basics before making videos and trying to sell yourself as some sort of hunter. We can all shoot guns. My 6-yr-old can do that. It'd probably go over a whole lot better if you just started your videos saying you don't know anything and are a beginner filming the process of learning of it all.

When you try to come across like you know what you're doing and just very, very obviously do not, it's almost insulting for anyone that's hunted longer than a year to watch.

This

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6638846 01/19/17 02:00 AM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Joseph, I'm not going to knock you on your video skills or hunting skills as I clearly recall you are fairly inexperienced with hunting in general; if I recall correctly it was just a few years ago that you were going on day hunt leases for your first hunting experiences ever. My guess is that you got into filming hunts as a further way to penetrate into hunting more properties and likely at a reduced cost if any at all. To that end, I will pose a question on whether the accused hunting guide ever triggered your "hunter skepticism" radar or intuition during any of your interactions with him or was it purely only after it all came crashing down and was spelled out in his undoing? More curiosity than anything bud.

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: DQ Kid] #6639089 01/19/17 04:28 AM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
In December, I watched the first 5 minutes and lost interest. The movie was bad and I had no idea why everyone kept commenting on it. I finally opened the post again and this is hilarious. I just wasted the last hour getting caught up.

Re: Great South Texas Buck Hunt - 3 bucks down! [Re: TXGH] #6639134 01/19/17 05:04 AM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Just because you have a key to the gate it doesnt make you a ph

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread