Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,778
Posts9,729,056
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. #6623419 01/09/17 08:26 AM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
I was looking to see if there were any left hand d Mathews LX bows out there and how much they were going for these days and found my old now for sale. That's pretty insane lol. I know it is mine because it still has all the accessories on it that I put on it and it has the 26.5" draw length cam modules on it because I have a short draw length with that bow. I also know it's mine because it has the right handed HHA optimizer sight flipped upside down on the bow. The guys at HHA only had right handed models in stock when I bought one for my buddy as a Christmas present for him and I bought one for me too. They told me that I could flip it upside down and use it left hand draw. If I didn't like it then they said that they would pay for the shipping back and send me out a left handed model when they had more in stock. Well it actually worked out good for me because the single pin came down from above and the bubble level was at the top so I would draw the bow, level it and bring the pin in to my target. Just a couple of inches down in to the target. I wasn't sky drawing the bow at all and was just settling in to the shot. I shot probably the best that I have ever shot with a compound bow with that set up and took a good amount of deer with it in MA and NH. I traded it in to The Kittery Trading Post in Maine back in 2005 for a used recurve and shotgun and kind of regret ever getting rid of it now. I am strapped for cash and it's a buy now post so I sent him an email asking him if he would want to trade for a Mossberg camo 935 Ulti-Mag camo semi auto 12 gauge shotgun with 6 choke tubes. I have been shooting one of the T/D recurve bows that I built and last year I bought two Red Stag T/D recurves and have been sticking to traditional archery. So I am asking myself if I really want to get back in to compound bows now since I spent so much money investing in these two new recurves. Because I will have to buy another release, some new carbon arrows, a hard shell case for it and a ladder stand or pop up to hunt out of. My blind that I bought has horizontal rectangular windows so it's made for firearms and shooting my crossbow out of. It's also a fake log cabin type so I can't just cut out a bow window and install a window track and new window lol. So I would have to sink some money in to another set up to hunt out of. Maybe this is a second chance to get it back since I always talked about it when my buddies bring up their bows lol. Wish me luck that the guy will trade me for it lol.

Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6623709 01/09/17 03:40 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
That's pretty funny. I had an LX, right hand, in the same draw length. I sometimes regret selling it. But technology moves on. Good luck with the trade.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: passthru] #6624769 01/10/17 01:54 AM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Yeah for some reason with a release, the way that bow is my draw length is shortened. I was given the heads up to stay away from a list of bows that Mathews put out over the years that have had major limb twisting problems and cables coming off the cams and wheels. Also they had put out a bunch that were so thin that the limbs all twisted by the time they got to the shops. But they said that the newer ones are back to being good now. I actually like the single cam set up. My friend in MA actually invented it back in the 70's and had it published. The single cam is nice and smooth and good on my shoulder. He was a writer for bow and arrow magazine, other archery magazines and a champion shooter back in the day. He also came up with the compound crossbow but his problem was that he would share the stuff without patenting his stuff and companies picked it up. His bow is in Martin's museum of early experimental compounds now. His name is Emery Loiselle. I took two of my firearms to a shop today who buys firearms and the price he gave me, made me laugh in his face and ask him if he thought I was either a crack head or stupid. Together they retailed for $650 and $825 new and I was asking for $650 which would be $325 each and they would sell them for $500 each . They are in mint condition and haven't even been fired more than 20 times each. I also had 6 chokes for the shotgun lol. So I passed on selling them for crack money prices lol. So I might have to beg the wife to let me throw it on the credit card if the guy doesn't want to trade the shotgun for it.

http://www.emeryloiselle.com/who_is_emery.htm

Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6624810 01/10/17 02:15 AM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Sell them on here.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: passthru] #6627040 01/11/17 09:17 AM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
I tried selling on here a couple of times and got tire kickers, no shows and the guys who think that if they don't reply to you and leave you hanging then when they respond or call you an hour later, they think that you are desperate to sell and haggle over the price. Like I am a crackhead or some guy who can't make rent lol. Even when I write that the price is the price and no trades. I was already giving a big discount on the stuff I tried to sell here because it was for the forum members. I had $178.00 worth of brand new chokes for the shotgun too and the guy at the shop wanted to low ball me lmao. So I put it up on another site and have 3 people that want to buy the shotgun and 5 for the Jericho. I put them up for a better price than I could find on all the other selling sites too. So in the end it is all good. I will stick to selling stuff in the Non-Firearms section on here lol.

Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6627041 01/11/17 09:21 AM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Well it was coming down to just days left on my old bow selling on eBay and the watch list was growing so the wife came up to me and said to put it on one of the credit cards and buy it so I don't have to sit around worrying if I am going to be able to get it in time lol. God I love that woman!!!! So I should have it by next week!!!! I am all smiles now. YAY ME lol.

Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6627118 01/11/17 01:16 PM
25-06Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
PM

Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: bowbuilder1971] #6627119 01/11/17 01:18 PM
25-06Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
PM ME PICTURE OF THE GUNS IM INTERESTED IN AN AUTO SHOTGUN FOR DUCK HUNTING.

Re: I just found the Mathews LX I traded in 12 years ago for sale online tonight. [Re: 25-06Man] #6628552 01/12/17 05:19 AM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Sent you two PM's with pics.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide