Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel for 2017 [Re: JTPinTX] #6628923 01/12/17 04:16 PM
H
HankePanky Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: JTPinTX

Mine will allow under hazard loading, which surprised me since my Mausers won't. I had assumed it would not, then accidentally did it one day and figured out it would. Mine is a 223.

I love that little rifle, and so does my 9 year old daughter. She has been shooting deer with it for 3 years now, and hasn't had a single problem with it. She shoots it a bunch. We are already about half way through the barrel on it (3000 rounds or so), and have a replacement barrel on the shelf for when the original goes south.

I think a Grendel would be dandy in that rifle.

That's good to hear. A 6.5 is probably going to be my next purchase. Whether it's going to be a Grendel or Creedmoor, I do not know. But I will definitely keep cz in my sights, so to speak.

Re: CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel for 2017 [Re: JTPinTX] #6630108 01/13/17 03:21 AM
P
Peaceman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
Originally Posted By: JTPinTX
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
[quote=kmon1][quote=Crews]
Putting it in a bolt action when you could be sending those same bullets with a lot more velocity? I don't get that.

Just wondering if you like and have a 26 Nosler or 264 Win Mag? If not you are leaving performance on the table for 6.5 diameter bullets. If you are a fan of the medium velocity 6.5s you are not getting all you can from those same bullets either.

Mine is a small 6 year old girl. She will likely shoot her first pig or maybe deer next season. I don't want to ruin her with a 6 pound Sako from recoil. So no.

I put an adjustable buttplate on my 527 so my daughter could start shooting it when she was 5. She killed her first deer with it when she was 6. IMO, at that age, bullet placement (along with shooting the right bullet) is everything. Having them shoot something they are very comfortable with goes a long ways towards getting the bullet in the right spot. My daughter loves to shoot that little CZ with a can on it and therefore she does go shoot it a lot. 50 rounds in an afternoon, no problem. Since she shoots it a bunch, she can hit exactly where she needs to. Coupled with a good bullet, that means dead deer. She focuses on the deer and the shot, not the rifle. She trusts the rifle, and believes in it. It fits her, and is not too big/long/heavy.

She is 9 now, and still shoots that same rifle. Last week she had to make a pretty technical shot, shooting a doe in the spine over the top of a log that was in the way. It took confidence in the rifle and her own skills, and knowing the bullet was going to go where she wanted it to. She dropped it in its tracks. I have a 243 she can move up into whenever she wants. But I am good with her shooting the 223 as long as she wants to as well, because she is deadly with it. It ain't broke yet, so I'm not going to fix it, if you know what I mean. When she wants to start shooting further, then she will have to step up.

I think you are on the right track. Grendel would be sweet, but a 223 will work just fine too.

My 11 yr old uses the 7.62x39 527. super cheap practice ammo, virually no recoil for a .30 cal bullet and it shoots 125 gr sierra at 2450. Plus it has a set trigger which is fantastic. The 6.5 sounds nice too and will take a look at one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide