Print Thread
Add 3 more #6621869 01/08/17 03:08 AM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Hogman alerted me to somebody needing an airboat to aid in finding 3 hunters that had not returned. Unfortunately three young men duck hunters were found dead in Matagorda bay. This has been a rough couple years for the tragedies.

Re: Add 3 more [Re: wal1809] #6621878 01/08/17 03:12 AM
M
Madewell Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Wow. Be careful everyone.

Re: Add 3 more [Re: wal1809] #6621945 01/08/17 04:09 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Here is the news link

Quote:
The bodies of three young adults from Chambers County, just east of Baytown, were recovered Saturday alongside the trio's capsized boat after a duck hunting outing in the Matagorda Bay.

Starett Burk, 25, from Wallisville; Spencer Hall, 19, from Mont Belvieu; and Chris Ruckman, 18, from Dayton - all between the 18 and 25 - launched a 17-foot, green, flat-bottomed boat around 4 a.m. Friday off County Road 312, on the east side of the bay that sits between Port Lavaca and Palacios.

When the young men didn't return home several hours after they were expected, a girlfriend called the U.S. Coast Guard to report them missing. A search launched Friday included an airplane, multiple helicopters and several boats provided by the Coast Guard, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office.

After more than 12 hours, crews located two bodies around noon Saturday. A short time later, they found the boat, which had capsized, and the body of one of two dogs the men had with them. The second dog had not been located Saturday night.

Around 4 p.m., the third body was located under the capsized boat. Authorities do not suspect foul play, but are unsure what caused the accident.

There were unusually strong winds up to 30 knots and high sea levels, 2-3 feet high, Friday and into Saturday, according to Coast Guard Lt. Karl Alejandre, who participated in the search from the plane.

Burk, who studied criminal justice at Sam Houston State University, appears to have lived and breathed hunting. His Facebook page proudly displays photos of the yields of his many hunting trips: rows of duck carcasses draped over the tailgate of a pickup truck, Burk posing with giant fish, boars and deer. Cowboy hats and hunting camo were wardrobe staples. He even had a tattoo on his chest depicting the state of Texas with a deer head, a fish and a duck in the middle.

Hall, a recent graduate of Barbers Hill High School, shared that passion for hunting. His Facebook cover photo depicts him in a camouflage T-shirt with more than a dozen dead birds draped around his neck.

Emily Frankum, a former classmate of Hall's, remembered him as silly and goofy.

"He was just a good, caring person," Frankum said. "A fun person to be around."

Ruckman, who also showed his love of hunting on social media, had announced on Twitter in November that he planned to join the U.S. Navy. He also tweeted about the recent holidays.

"Honestly best New Years I've ever had," he tweeted. "I have no New Year's resolution. I'm satisfied with myself."

His mother, Teresa Ruckman, expressed her grief, shock and faith on Facebook Saturday.

"Today is by far the (worst) day of my life," Teresa Ruckman wrote. "I am now confronted with a crossroads of belief. I can choose to give in to sorrow, anger and bitterness or I can trust that God sees and will heal and will bring joy back to my life … He's got a perfect plan. I don't understand it and I would like to erase this terrible accident. Nevertheless thine will be done."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/art...ng-10842772.php

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide