Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? #6617382 01/05/17 12:36 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I think that deer breeders are going to be the down fall of hunting. They have already ruined B&C. Telling someone that you hunted hard all season and finally got that monster eight and it scored 150, then they look at you and say that they got two 26 pointers on a weekend hunt that score over 320 each. To each his own I guess, but I will never understand people who go on these canned hunts and then brag about it. Personally, I would rather kill an eight that scores 135 than any of these bred to be freak bucks. But that's just me.

Last edited by Mr. T.; 01/05/17 01:29 PM.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617388 01/05/17 12:41 PM
K
Kevin_M Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
K
I'm with you. I'll never understand it. Heck, I'm happy with a few does. If I get a decent buck all the better but I'm out there to get the freezer full.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617425 01/05/17 01:19 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
I think that deer breeders are going to be the down fall of hunting. They have already ruined B&C. Telling someone that you hunted hard all season and finally got that monster eight and it scored 150, then they look at you and say that got two 26 pointers that score over 320 each. To each his own I guess, but I will never understand people who go on these canned hunts and then brag about it. Personally, I would rather kill an eight that scores 135 than any of these bred to be freak bucks. But that's just me.

Then shoot little bucks and be happy!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: HWY_MAN] #6617497 01/05/17 02:05 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
I think that deer breeders are going to be the down fall of hunting. They have already ruined B&C. Telling someone that you hunted hard all season and finally got that monster eight and it scored 150, then they look at you and say that got two 26 pointers that score over 320 each. To each his own I guess, but I will never understand people who go on these canned hunts and then brag about it. Personally, I would rather kill an eight that scores 135 than any of these bred to be freak bucks. But that's just me.

Exactly. Not sure why folks get panty wadded over what floats someone else's boat. I like brunettes. Why on earth does anyone like blonds????

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher] #6617508 01/05/17 02:09 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: therancher

Exactly. Not sure why folks get panty wadded over what floats someone else's boat. I like brunettes. Why on earth does anyone like blonds????

I'm partial to little short redheads. Yep you guessed it, Mrs. B is standing right behind me. Any other answer and my right ear would be stinging and ringing right now.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617574 01/05/17 02:36 PM
Woodsman
Woodsman
The thrill is for some guy from California (because we all know californian's are moving to texas at an alarming rate and ruining our state) who wants to pretend like he's a true texan hunter. Look. I was raised old-school. I don't get on my phone while i hunt. I don't shoot bobcats, why would I? They are pretty and fun to watch. I don't shoot rattle snakes, my dad taught me to just leave them alone. I don't shoot mountain lions, never seen one, but i bet they are fun to watch. I don't shoot pen raised animals. I WILL shoot coyotes. I am ethical. I use ethical firearms (none of that millennial call of duty wussy .223 AR with a foregrip and holographic sight bullcrap), if you're not man enough to handle a little recoil you shouldn't be hunting. I DONT SHOOT WHAT I DONT EAT. Thats how my dad raised me. It's all about the effort and hard work, then getting to feast on wild game all year long enjoying my hard earned reward while i get ripped working out using nature's protein, so i can hunt harder next year and walk an extra mile up that mountain. It's a lifestyle.

I really enjoy knowing if the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm going to be sitting in high cotton surviving off the land using the outdoors skills only true, fair chase hunting has taught me. And just for the record I hunt public land and don't use feeders. I truly get off knowing that I can kill elk and deer on public land, being in good enough shape to go where i want, while fat rich people have to pay to do that! Lol. Flame suit on.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher] #6617579 01/05/17 02:38 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Because some feel it necessary to impose their will upon others. As long as the methods are legal it is no one's business how another person hunts.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher] #6617586 01/05/17 02:39 PM
Woodsman
Woodsman

I don't get wadded up over it, I just make fun of those people because I think it's funny. I just....its so pathetic to me how sissified hunting has gotten lately. MAN UP, do it the old school way like our ancestors. As a human being I respect every person on this planet. But as a fellow hunter, thats a different story. People in Colorado and Montana laugh at us over here.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617591 01/05/17 02:42 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: deftsound

People in Colorado and Montana laugh at us over here.

Why would possibly care what they think?

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617602 01/05/17 02:45 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Again Really hammer

texas flag

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617605 01/05/17 02:47 PM
R
rex47 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
to me there is a difference between hunting and shooting

when the going gets really tough, I sit down and rest
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Stub] #6617613 01/05/17 02:49 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Stub
Again Really hammer

I feel a thread lock coming on. clap

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617616 01/05/17 02:51 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
All I can say is for me, I could not be proud of anything I killed in a HF. That being said, I can understand why some folks hunt HF. I think time constraints for hunting time, setting up feeders and stands, finding a lease and such would be some of the issues.

Last edited by Stompy; 01/05/17 02:52 PM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Choctaw] #6617617 01/05/17 02:51 PM
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
[quote=HWY_MAN][quote=Mr. T.]

I respect them. I like hunting like they do. A lot of those guys are tough old mountain men who do it old school, I think its cool. My uncle is 68 and can still pack and elk up a mountain, on his back. Thats a man i respect, therefore, I care what he thinks. Plus im a born and raised Texan, im proud of our state.

Last edited by deftsound; 01/05/17 03:06 PM.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617635 01/05/17 02:57 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
[quote=HWY_MAN][quote=Mr. T.]

I respect them. I like hunting like they do. A lot of those guys are tough old mountain men who do it old school, I think its cool. My uncle is 68 and can still pack and elk up a mountain, on his back. Thats a man i respect, therefore, I care what he thinks.

You don't "do it like our ancestors". Quit lying.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher] #6617657 01/05/17 03:08 PM
Woodsman
Woodsman
[/quote]

You don't "do it like our ancestors". Quit lying. [/quote]

Pretty sure my ancestors used rifles and bows just like me. Ok, i use a compound so i'll give you that. And, my ancestors in the 1800's used muskets, so, i'll give you that too. But my ancestors in the 1900's probably used 30-06's, which is what i use so thats a moot point. Other than that, I hunt in treestands. And when im in colorado I spot and stalk....soo....yup thats how my ancestors did it.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617669 01/05/17 03:12 PM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Never hunted high fence, I drove through a HF place once saw some monsters, really enjoyed seeing those big deer. Did I want to shoot one? No. Do I care if someone else does? No.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617682 01/05/17 03:17 PM
J
JJH Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Deftsound: When I started hunting in the 50s, the old timers made fun of anyone who didn't use iron sights. In the early 1900s, smokeless powder gave hunters unfair advantage. Why is it that the way your dad taught you was the only right way? His way was thought to be "pussyfied" by his predecessors.

While I respect your decisions to hunt according to certain standards, I respectfully suggest that you look at fellow hunters as your brothers who love the outdoors and the sport. There aren't many of us left, and we need to stick together.

If you want to feel superior, fine. But be classy enough to keep it to yourself.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Jkd106] #6617684 01/05/17 03:17 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I've got more appreciation for any animal killed on a low fence, by a hunter on the ground, or on foot. That's how I do it. For the high fence, freak buck, high score, I just look the other way, and don't say anything.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

(Though I too am guilty of not following that guideline)

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617697 01/05/17 03:26 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I assume the OP takes no enjoyment in fishing in a pond?

I personally have no interest in shooting a pen raised buck, but what the hell do I care if someone that doesn't have much time to hunt wants to go out, pay some cash, and pretty much guarantee they'll get the experience they're looking for? Some people like the total front to back experience of managing a deer herd, planting food plots, scouting, etc, and some just wanna have a good time and put some antlers on the wall.

You can make fun of them all you want, but they can turn it around and do the same to you because their perspective differs and they may think you're completely wasting your time screwing around in the outdoors all season.

To each his own.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617698 01/05/17 03:27 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
As already mentioned, who cares what somebody else does?

The only reason anybody would care is if they are somehow affected by it, or feel jealous of what somebody else has, or inferior by what others have or do.

If the landowners of those HF deer farms where banned from raising those deer, they would kill off every deer and go back to raising cattle. This has happened in different states all over the country, and in other countries.

For those that can and do pay for what they want, good for them!!! They are putting more money into hunting and the economy then any other group of hunters. They also are the ones who go on guided hunts, creating jobs for guides and everyone connected to the outfit. The only negative to it is those who feel that they are somehow hurt by something that will never affect them.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617704 01/05/17 03:29 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

You don't "do it like our ancestors". Quit lying. [/quote]

Pretty sure my ancestors used rifles and bows just like me. Ok, i use a compound so i'll give you that. And, my ancestors in the 1800's used muskets, so, i'll give you that too. But my ancestors in the 1900's probably used 30-06's, which is what i use so thats a moot point. Other than that, I hunt in treestands. And when im in colorado I spot and stalk....soo....yup thats how my ancestors did it. [/quote]

No. Everyone's ancestors did it with rocks and sharp sticks that they pounded out by hand. If you were really interested in "manning up" you'd do it like they did.

But no, you want to pick and choose your "unfair advantage" and denigrate others for using their preferred "unfair advantage".

All while hiding behind the lie that you are "man enough to do it like your ancestors".

I'm just here to make sure you know you're lying to yourself. No one else believes the BS like you do.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617706 01/05/17 03:29 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
As long as it's legal I have no issues with hunting these freaks behind HF. It is of zero interest to me though, and when I see the hero shots of such I wonder what the sense of accomplishment is, and pay no attention to it anyway.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617715 01/05/17 03:34 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Id love to be able to run deer with dogs like my ancestors did.... also a push hunt would be fun imo just to be a part of one... its really gota suck how some of you live in this little box in your mind just to hold an image that will get others acceptance

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Jkd106] #6617716 01/05/17 03:35 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Jkd106
Never hunted high fence, I drove through a HF place once saw some monsters, really enjoyed seeing those big deer. Did I want to shoot one? No. Do I care if someone else does? No.
cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide