Forum Stats
62824 Members
46 Forums
440323 Topics
6064371 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#6617382 - 01/05/17 06:36 AM What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks?
Mr. T. Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hunt in Cass County, live in T...
I think that deer breeders are going to be the down fall of hunting. They have already ruined B&C. Telling someone that you hunted hard all season and finally got that monster eight and it scored 150, then they look at you and say that they got two 26 pointers on a weekend hunt that score over 320 each. To each his own I guess, but I will never understand people who go on these canned hunts and then brag about it. Personally, I would rather kill an eight that scores 135 than any of these bred to be freak bucks. But that's just me.

Edited by Mr. T. (01/05/17 07:29 AM)

#6617388 - 01/05/17 06:41 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.]
Kevin_M Offline
Tracker

Loc: Buda, Tx
I'm with you. I'll never understand it. Heck, I'm happy with a few does. If I get a decent buck all the better but I'm out there to get the freezer full.

#6617425 - 01/05/17 07:19 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.]
HWY_MAN Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Howard County
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
I think that deer breeders are going to be the down fall of hunting. They have already ruined B&C. Telling someone that you hunted hard all season and finally got that monster eight and it scored 150, then they look at you and say that got two 26 pointers that score over 320 each. To each his own I guess, but I will never understand people who go on these canned hunts and then brag about it. Personally, I would rather kill an eight that scores 135 than any of these bred to be freak bucks. But that's just me.

Then shoot little bucks and be happy!

#6617497 - 01/05/17 08:05 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: HWY_MAN]
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Mountain Home, Uvalde, and Big...
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
I think that deer breeders are going to be the down fall of hunting. They have already ruined B&C. Telling someone that you hunted hard all season and finally got that monster eight and it scored 150, then they look at you and say that got two 26 pointers that score over 320 each. To each his own I guess, but I will never understand people who go on these canned hunts and then brag about it. Personally, I would rather kill an eight that scores 135 than any of these bred to be freak bucks. But that's just me.

Exactly. Not sure why folks get panty wadded over what floats someone else's boat. I like brunettes. Why on earth does anyone like blonds????
"I cant wait to see if he plays this week, and if he does if he can actually break 50 percent completion ratio. Haha or maybe even throw for 200 yards. Possibly break a QB rating of 75." - Texas Tatonka
www.bigironranchadventures.com

#6617508 - 01/05/17 08:09 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher]
HWY_MAN Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Howard County
Originally Posted By: therancher

Exactly. Not sure why folks get panty wadded over what floats someone else's boat. I like brunettes. Why on earth does anyone like blonds????

I'm partial to little short redheads. Yep you guessed it, Mrs. B is standing right behind me. Any other answer and my right ear would be stinging and ringing right now.

#6617574 - 01/05/17 08:36 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.]
Woodsman

The thrill is for some guy from California (because we all know californian's are moving to texas at an alarming rate and ruining our state) who wants to pretend like he's a true texan hunter. Look. I was raised old-school. I don't get on my phone while i hunt. I don't shoot bobcats, why would I? They are pretty and fun to watch. I don't shoot rattle snakes, my dad taught me to just leave them alone. I don't shoot mountain lions, never seen one, but i bet they are fun to watch. I don't shoot pen raised animals. I WILL shoot coyotes. I am ethical. I use ethical firearms (none of that millennial call of duty wussy .223 AR with a foregrip and holographic sight bullcrap), if you're not man enough to handle a little recoil you shouldn't be hunting. I DONT SHOOT WHAT I DONT EAT. Thats how my dad raised me. It's all about the effort and hard work, then getting to feast on wild game all year long enjoying my hard earned reward while i get ripped working out using nature's protein, so i can hunt harder next year and walk an extra mile up that mountain. It's a lifestyle.

I really enjoy knowing if the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm going to be sitting in high cotton surviving off the land using the outdoors skills only true, fair chase hunting has taught me. And just for the record I hunt public land and don't use feeders. I truly get off knowing that I can kill elk and deer on public land, being in good enough shape to go where i want, while fat rich people have to pay to do that! Lol. Flame suit on.

#6617579 - 01/05/17 08:38 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher]
Choctaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Texoma

Because some feel it necessary to impose their will upon others. As long as the methods are legal it is no one's business how another person hunts.

#6617586 - 01/05/17 08:39 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: therancher]
Woodsman

I don't get wadded up over it, I just make fun of those people because I think it's funny. I just....its so pathetic to me how sissified hunting has gotten lately. MAN UP, do it the old school way like our ancestors. As a human being I respect every person on this planet. But as a fellow hunter, thats a different story. People in Colorado and Montana laugh at us over here.

#6617591 - 01/05/17 08:42 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ]
Choctaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: deftsound

People in Colorado and Montana laugh at us over here.

Why would possibly care what they think?

#6617602 - 01/05/17 08:45 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.]
Stub Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Loc: The Outer Limits
Again Really hammer

#6617605 - 01/05/17 08:47 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.]
rex47 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: euless, tx
to me there is a difference between hunting and shooting

#6617613 - 01/05/17 08:49 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Stub]
Choctaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: Stub
Again Really hammer

I feel a thread lock coming on. clap

#6617616 - 01/05/17 08:51 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.]
Stompy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Breckenridge Tx
All I can say is for me, I could not be proud of anything I killed in a HF. That being said, I can understand why some folks hunt HF. I think time constraints for hunting time, setting up feeders and stands, finding a lease and such would be some of the issues.

Edited by Stompy (01/05/17 08:52 AM)

#6617617 - 01/05/17 08:51 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Choctaw]
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
[quote=HWY_MAN][quote=Mr. T.]

I respect them. I like hunting like they do. A lot of those guys are tough old mountain men who do it old school, I think its cool. My uncle is 68 and can still pack and elk up a mountain, on his back. Thats a man i respect, therefore, I care what he thinks. Plus im a born and raised Texan, im proud of our state.

Edited by deftsound (01/05/17 09:06 AM)

#6617635 - 01/05/17 08:57 AM Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ]
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Mountain Home, Uvalde, and Big...
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
[quote=HWY_MAN][quote=Mr. T.]

I respect them. I like hunting like they do. A lot of those guys are tough old mountain men who do it old school, I think its cool. My uncle is 68 and can still pack and elk up a mountain, on his back. Thats a man i respect, therefore, I care what he thinks.

You don't "do it like our ancestors". Quit lying.
"I cant wait to see if he plays this week, and if he does if he can actually break 50 percent completion ratio. Haha or maybe even throw for 200 yards. Possibly break a QB rating of 75." - Texas Tatonka
www.bigironranchadventures.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide