Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: A.B.] #6617065 01/05/17 02:42 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Hunting's downfall will be, in part, to hunters that think like this. Maybe not now, or in 50 or 100 years, but at some point. And, also, you seem jealous of people that, your view, don't dont do what you find to be acceptable.

I just can't take people like you seriously. It's too much effort and would require me to care about self-righteous people that have no respect for some vision of people you made up in your head.

I guess that's my opinion on HF vs LF - more people need to live and let live. A lot of people on this forum are starting to sound like the liberals they despise. [/quote]

There I fixed it for you. [/quote]

Nailed it. What gets me is most won't own it. [/quote]

That liberal crap is old.

I'm a Republican, it says so in red letters on my voter registration card, and I don't like HF.

A pen is a pen. [/quote]

Oh, it's not my job to re-enforce a false self impression that you are not liberal.

If you have no problem with other people hunting and owning HF then you don't qualify as a liberal in that respect and might be a conservative.

However, if you don't want others to hunt or own HF then it is my job to point out that you are in fact a liberal in every aspect of the definition.

You determine what you believe. The truth about what you believe isn't yours to decide. I'm the decider.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Halfadozen] #6617071 01/05/17 02:44 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
I'll weigh in here - Do I hunt HF ranches - No. More and more of private property in TX is being HF off though. Landowners rights in Texas are important, not just fences but water rights. This goes all the way back to the 1850's. As original land owners pass away and leave the property to multiple family members either one or two things happen - the ranch gets split up into smaller tracts or is HF and managed for multiple uses. To the OP question - If an exotic happens to wander onto our LF ranch it is fair game. We have had Axis and Elk come through a break in a HF. We notified ranch owner each time but he said he appreciated it and would repair the fence but there was nothing he could do if the animal was on our ranch. One time fence was breached due to wildfire and second time due to flooding. Finally, I have no problem with those that want to hunt a HF ranch - like it or not it is the way things are these days unless you are in very remote parts of Texas.

Thank you for that attitude. Hunting would be safe if all hunters shared your live and let live view.

Last edited by therancher; 01/05/17 02:45 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6617097 01/05/17 02:54 AM
L
LuckyHunter Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
The definition of Insanity is "Doing the same things over and over again...but expecting a different outcome each time." So by this definition, the sanest person is the one most able to generate alternatives. The insane person only sees "one way" to do something and keeps repeating it, whether it works or not. The insane person is locked into a particular model of the world, according to which "there is only one way to address situations like this" and so they keep...um...repeating themselves. Know anyone like that? Sound somewhat familiar?
If not, its unlikely you are from Earth! Earth seems to be a place populated by people who are slow learners---who insist that the problem is not their impoverished model of the world, but rather the problem must be "out there." If conditions "out there" would just conform to their mental models, all would be well. This is truly a description of Insanity and thus a pretty good description of the way humans often behave.
So our conclusion is: only an insane person (or persons!) would continue to ride a Dead Horse once it is apparent that the horse is...um....DEAD!

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Creekrunner] #6617108 01/05/17 03:00 AM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: deftsound
Exotics are for rich city slickers from southlake who drive escalades and drink michelob ultra. No respect for exotic hunting of any kind. I don't respect hunters who shoot lions and elephants for that matter either. They are all in the same class of "hunter" to me.

This has to be a new record for the number of ignorant statements in 4 sentences. Especially that Michelob Ultra is a. beer, and b., a rich man's beer.

The rest of it just makes the point for your opposition, reinforcing the class envy argument, and is astounding in its stupidity.

This made me laugh. I assume since he has a problem shooting lions in Africa that he also opposes people shooting mountain lions here.

Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6617113 01/05/17 03:04 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: deftsound
Exotics are for rich city slickers from southlake who drive escalades and drink michelob ultra. No respect for exotic hunting of any kind. I don't respect hunters who shoot lions and elephants for that matter either. They are all in the same class of "hunter" to me.

This has to be a new record for the number of ignorant statements in 4 sentences. Especially that Michelob Ultra is a. beer, and b., a rich man's beer.

The rest of it just makes the point for your opposition, reinforcing the class envy argument, and is astounding in its stupidity.

Yes is he has personally treed them in the peco wilderness on foot. Multiple times

This made me laugh. I assume since he has a problem shooting lions in Africa that he also opposes people shooting mountain lions here.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6617127 01/05/17 03:16 AM
C
catfish391 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
C
I guess everyone understands that once the first high fence was built it created two pens, one one the inside that critters could not get out of and one on the outside that critters could not get into, one pen is just a little bigger than the other.

Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6617135 01/05/17 03:20 AM
C
catfish391 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
C
In our hunting world of compound bows, high power scoped rifles, corn feeders, heated box blinds, I kinda figure the odds are in our favor

Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: catfish391] #6617145 01/05/17 03:25 AM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: catfish391
I guess everyone understands that once the first high fence was built it created two pens, one one the inside that critters could not get out of and one on the outside that critters could not get into, one pen is just a little bigger than the other.

That is the purpose....yes

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide