Forum Stats
62395 Members
46 Forums
435402 Topics
5996348 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6616342 - 01/04/17 02:09 PM Anti high fence guys.....
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Las Cruces, NM
So are you native game only as well? Serious question - if you had the opportunity to hunt ibex or oryx here in new mexico would you pass since they were introduced and confined to certain areas. Also if you have an exotic come on your low fence place would you shoot it?

#6616380 - 01/04/17 02:32 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
Leonardo Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Wise County
I am an equal opportunity shooter and this HF vs LF has completely gotten out of hand. I have killed deer on HF and would do so if the opportunity presented itself again. I primarily hunt LF but the majority of the HF supporters arguments just don't resonate with me. I believe both are legitimate hunting opportunities but they are not equal in my eyes.

I was probably not your intended audience but found reason to respond.

#6616386 - 01/04/17 02:34 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training

popcorn

"The foreign hordes..."--Bill Cutting, The Gangs of New York

#6616444 - 01/04/17 03:16 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
swmays Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Dallas / Hopkins Co.
If there were any exotics near my slice of heaven I would shoot it, if I knew what it was and it was tasty.

I have nothing against HF until the rationalization begins. Not sure how this pertains to HF...

#6616549 - 01/04/17 04:01 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
I am not a big fan of exotics to be honest. Especially those just raised and shot for commercial purposes. I do understand that some species have been preserved because of their commercial value. I guess that's laudable, though it's really just a by-product of the commercialization rather than a directed effort to save the species. I have no interest in hunting exotics at a commercial operation.

The gemsbok and ibex of New Mexico are a different ballgame from the commercial operations. Just as the free-ranging auodad of west TX are different than the pen-raised ones.

I would not hesitate to hunt the NM wild ibex and have put in for the tag a couple of times. It's a challenging hunt in some rough terrain. They are not artificially confined as I understand it. I have not put in for the White Sands gemsbok hunt and will probably never hunt aoudad.

I would shoot an exotic that wandered into my place for meat if the opportunity arose. And to get rid of it. I wouldn't crow about it or get much of a thrill from it.

2cents

#6616555 - 01/04/17 04:07 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
Woodsman

Exotics are for rich city slickers from southlake who drive escalades and drink michelob ultra. No respect for exotic hunting of any kind. I don't respect hunters who shoot lions and elephants for that matter either. They are all in the same class of "hunter" to me.

Edited by deftsound (01/04/17 04:08 PM)

#6616562 - 01/04/17 04:11 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
titan2232 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Conroe, TX
I'd much rather shoot a 140" whitetail than a 30+ inch axis.

I've hunted HF, but prefer LF. It's all just personal preference.

#6616569 - 01/04/17 04:15 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
Fishercounty Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Fisher,Jones,Stonewall.
Sure Id "shoot" them if they wondered onto my place. Like Nogalus said, to get rid of it. If I wanted goat meat Id go to a livestock auction.

#6616588 - 01/04/17 04:26 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: ]
Texas buckeye Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Keller
Originally Posted By: deftsound
Exotics are for rich city slickers from southlake who drive escalades and drink michelob ultra. No respect for exotic hunting of any kind. I don't respect hunters who shoot lions and elephants for that matter either. They are all in the same class of "hunter" to me.

Wait a minute, I thought every respectable HF "hunter" from southlake drove a souped up jacked up never seen the dirt of a gravel road 4x4 while drinking wine out of their yeti rambler while giving their teenagers beers from their yeti coolers in their backyard oasis...

You telling me they drive escalades?

#6616609 - 01/04/17 04:37 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
The exotics discussion is different than the HF discussion - though they can (and often do) overlap. Even on a LF place in TX I would consider the presence of exotics more of a negative than a positive. Many feel differently and love them. A lot of guys love hogs on a place too. I wish mine would disappear.

A lot of folks just like having stuff available for them to shoot. They like to hear their guns go bang and watch something fall.

#6616667 - 01/04/17 05:08 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: ]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell

This has to be a new record for the number of ignorant statements in 4 sentences. Especially that Michelob Ultra is a. beer, and b., a rich man's beer.

The rest of it just makes the point for your opposition, reinforcing the class envy argument, and is astounding in its stupidity.
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#6616702 - 01/04/17 05:22 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: ]
Duck_Hunter Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Hunting's downfall will be, in part, to hunters that think like this. Maybe not now, or in 50 or 100 years, but at some point. And, also, you seem jealous of people that, your view, don't dont do what you find to be acceptable.

I just can't take people like you seriously. It's too much effort and would require me to care about self-righteous people that have no respect for some vision of people you made up in your head.

I guess that's my opinion on HF vs LF - more people need to live and let live. A lot of people on this forum are starting to sound like the millennials they despise.

#6616711 - 01/04/17 05:26 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Duck_Hunter]
Texas buckeye Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Keller
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Hunting's downfall will be, in part, to hunters that think like this. Maybe not now, or in 50 or 100 years, but at some point. And, also, you seem jealous of people that, your view, don't dont do what you find to be acceptable.

I just can't take people like you seriously. It's too much effort and would require me to care about self-righteous people that have no respect for some vision of people you made up in your head.

I guess that's my opinion on HF vs LF - more people need to live and let live. A lot of people on this forum are starting to sound like the liberals they despise.

There I fixed it for you.

#6616721 - 01/04/17 05:31 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas Tatonkas]
PKnTX Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Collin County
...because another high fence thread was needed... troll hammer bang argue

#6616748 - 01/04/17 05:52 PM Re: Anti high fence guys..... [Re: Texas buckeye]
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Mountain Home, Uvalde, and Big...
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

I guess that's my opinion on HF vs LF - more people need to live and let live. A lot of people on this forum are starting to sound like the liberals they despise.

There I fixed it for you.

Nailed it. What gets me is most won't own it.
"I cant wait to see if he plays this week, and if he does if he can actually break 50 percent completion ratio. Haha or maybe even throw for 200 yards. Possibly break a QB rating of 75." - Texas Tatonka
www.bigironranchadventures.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide