The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri #6611701 01/02/17 03:27 AM
P
pdr55 Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Following was C&P from MSMBC.

And beginning on Sunday in Missouri, anyone 19 or older who owns a gun can carry it in public, concealed, without getting training or a permit. Sheriff Mike Sharp of Jackson County was among law enforcement officials who opposed the idea.

"This law would allow anybody to go get a gun, carry it, and never have to fire the weapon until they think it's necessary to use it, without any education whatsoever," he said.

But a sponsor of the new law, State Senator Brian Munzlinger, discounted fears of more gun violence. "The basis of this whole bill is that it allows law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families," he said.

California, by contrast, imposes tougher gun laws as of the first day of 2017. It's now illegal to sell most AR-15 style rifles with removable magazines, or ammunition clips, banned as assault weapons. Current owners must register them.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: pdr55] #6611923 01/02/17 01:27 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
It's a slippery slope, for sure. I'm all for constitutional carry but I do realize that some folks have no business with a gun. Who get to decide who those folks are? That's the problem. What if "that" person was Bobo or Killary???

Pee on Photobucket
Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: poisonivie] #6616131 01/04/17 06:21 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: poisonivie
It's a slippery slope, for sure. I'm all for constitutional carry but I do realize that some folks have no business with a gun. Who get to decide who those folks are? That's the problem. What if "that" person was Bobo or Killary???

Sure, some people have no business with a gun but that doesn't stop them from buying one now does it? Our CHL shooting test is a complete joke and shouldn't make anyone feel safer that someone passed it.

Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: krmitchell] #6621160 01/07/17 06:33 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Originally Posted By: poisonivie

Sure, some people have no business with a gun but that doesn't stop them from buying one now does it? Our CHL shooting test is a complete joke and shouldn't make anyone feel safer that someone passed it.

Yup....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: pdr55] #6621381 01/07/17 09:42 PM
T
therock Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
So what would be wrong with making it to where you have to take a REAL class in order to have a permit to carry? I know I have been really nervous around some people that are carrying and have quit deer leases due to people being so unsafe with rifles and pistols.

Yes I know this will probably get ugly.

Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: pdr55] #6622427 01/08/17 06:41 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
"...shall not be infringed..."

Believe it, or not.

Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: therock] #6625232 01/10/17 04:58 AM
H
HandgunHTR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: therock
So what would be wrong with making it to where you have to take a REAL class in order to have a permit to carry? I know I have been really nervous around some people that are carrying and have quit deer leases due to people being so unsafe with rifles and pistols.

Yes I know this will probably get ugly.

For the same reason that we cannot remove people from TV and newspapers that are complete idiots (as well as people who say "for sell" instead of "for sale"). Their 1st Amendment right ensures that they can continue to spout their drivel regardless of their competence. The 2nd Amendment is the same. I would argue that more people have been killed by people abusing their 1st Amendment rights than those abusing their 2nd Amendment rights.

We responsible gun owners/carriers go out and get training because we want to ensure that we are responsible while exercising our right. What we should be doing, instead of expecting our governments to legislate this responsibility, is to encourage our fellow gun owners to follow our example. We do this through encouragement and positive interactions with our fellow gun owners. Not by chastising or "taking our ball and going home" when we encounter irresponsible owners.

Just my $0.02.

#FighttheNoise
Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: pdr55] #6625240 01/10/17 05:04 AM
H
HandgunHTR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Just as a post script, I am in the process of moving to MO. I have been up here since the 2nd and I have yet to see someone open carrying or excessively printing (and yes, I look for stuff like that).

I also like the fact that my wife and I will be able to carry legally from the moment we step into the state (reciprocity with TX) and that will continue even when we become residents.

When I move to TX from GA, there was a period after I became a TX resident where I was not allowed to carry as my GA permit was not valid (as I was not a resident of GA anymore and GA permits are for residents only) and I had not met the requirement to get a TX license (take the course and paid The Man for my right).

#FighttheNoise
Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: pdr55] #6625273 01/10/17 05:25 AM
T
Tim9880 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Missouri is also home to St. Louis and Kansas City. Two urban areas plagued with gun violence. Not what I would call a shining example of success.

Re: The difference between states.. Cali vs Missouri [Re: PKnTX] #6632561 01/14/17 11:05 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: PKnTX
"...shall not be infringed..."

Believe it, or not.

Hitting the nail squarely on the head

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide