Forums46
Topics537,957
Posts9,731,112
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616083 01/04/17 05:53 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
in my mind, a HF place is the same as a large LF place. eventually you get so big the deer can't physically leave the place (or won't) so it is essentially the same. The biggest difference comes in smaller places, sub 500 acres. I could hunt a sub 500 acre LF place and see the same deer or different deer every time, due to deer travel patterns, but a HF place the deer will be confined and thus same deer (but doesn't mean you will see them every time).

As Bobo said, ther eis only so much ground one person can cover, and if hunting multiple people there becomes a point where you will hinder other people too..how much acreage is determined largely by the type of terrain being hunted, but there does come a point where there will be diminishing returns.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6616097 01/04/17 06:02 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
What I have learned from the HF threads:

You gotta have HFs to protect "your" deer because the neighbors shoot everything.
But it's all the same because the fences don't work anyway.

It's all the same because hunting is hard anyway.
It's all the same because hunting is easy anyway.

Gotta have HF to keep "your" deer from traveling onto bad neighbor's land.
But it's all the same because deer don't travel much anyway.

Those with fair chase standards are jealous low-rent rednecks because they can't afford to hunt HF.
Those with fair chase standards are elitists who look down their nose at others.

Generalizations aren't fair to use for those who don't like HF.
But generalizations using "out there" examples like islands (as if deer can't swim), tame suburban deer, and the King Ranch are fine if you support HF.

grin

That would be the abridged version.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616109 01/04/17 06:13 PM
R
Rebel986 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
R
what have i started lol. Sorry dont live in texas and didnt know this was a big deal to people

Last edited by Rebel986; 01/04/17 06:13 PM.
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: MarkE] #6616118 01/04/17 06:18 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: MarkE
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
There's a reason HF hunts are 100% successful. We all know what it is.

Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone. That is bad for business!

I have a bull eland in a 500 acre pasture. Probably weighs 1400 pounds. So he should be easy to see. You two who think my hunts are "100%%" successful come on down. I'll give you 2 days to hunt him. You kill him he's free. You don't kill him you pay me 4 grand for the tresspass fee.

Get your bad selves down here and get your free eland bull! Lmao!!!! Watch the excuses....

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616121 01/04/17 06:18 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Yep, those high-fenced deer are easy to hunt. That's why a 12 year old just spent a week with me on 1,800 high-fenced acres chasing one specific cull buck. And never laid eyes on him. That's why I just spent 11 straight days looking for one of five mature, trophy deer. Never laid eyes on any of them. Maybe it's because after 45 years of chasing these things, I'm still not a very good hunter

Meanwhile, we killed every deer we were after on our 900 ac. low-fenced pasture which borders 54,000 acres of low fence.

I know that will never change anyone's mind, but this isn't the first time it has happened to me. And it won't be the last. Now we only carry a deer to 26 acres, so perhaps the high-fenced places y'all are referring to are more released deer operations, or those with a deer to three acres. I've hunted some of those, too. Those are completely different than a true high-fenced ranch with pasture born deer.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: therancher] #6616122 01/04/17 06:19 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: therancher

I have a bull eland in a 500 acre pasture. Probably weighs 1400 pounds. So he should be easy to see. You two who think my hunts are "100%%" successful come on down. I'll give you 2 days to hunt him. You kill him he's free. You don't kill him you pay me 4 grand for the tresspass fee.

Get your bad selves down here and get your free eland bull! Lmao!!!! Watch the excuses....

I'm in under those specifications

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616124 01/04/17 06:19 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Rebel986
what have i started lol. Sorry dont live in texas and didnt know this was a big deal to people

rolleyes its human nature.... someones always gota have a problem... its just easier to express it this day and age

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616127 01/04/17 06:20 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Rebel986

Foreigners... grin

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: therancher] #6616128 01/04/17 06:20 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

popcorn

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6616143 01/04/17 06:26 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Man, something in me wants to see Bobo with a bull eland on the ground.... rifle

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6616145 01/04/17 06:28 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

It's only open to the two who are convinced HF hunts are 100%. You don't qualify as that ignorant.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: therancher] #6616149 01/04/17 06:30 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Please someone go kill his livestock, I mean Eland.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6616152 01/04/17 06:31 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

You gotta have HFs to protect "your" deer because the neighbors shoot everything.

Those with fair chase standards are jealous low-rent rednecks because they can't afford to hunt HF.
Those with fair chase standards are elitists who look down their nose at others.

But generalizations using "out there" examples like islands (as if deer can't swim), tame suburban deer, and the King Ranch are fine if you support HF.

grin

Says the guy who shoots farm raised quail in a HF pasture... so long as they can fly.

So if the deer can run are they ok? roflmao

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: redchevy] #6616157 01/04/17 06:33 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: redchevy

grin

Says the guy who shoots farm raised quail in a HF pasture... so long as they can fly.

Aggie logic?

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: A.B.] #6616165 01/04/17 06:36 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: A.B.

Yes please.

We've had one hunter for 4 days specifically hunting him. I've had a discounted price on him for 6 months and all the hunters I've had said they'd shoot him if they saw him. We even tried to kill him from a chopper. We've chopper netted all the other eland and killed one from the air. This one learned to hide good when he hears any motors especially choppers .

He's been seen by my ranch hand and one other person. And I see his tracks so I know he's still there. But the bet would put money my pocket or I wouldn't have made it.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616183 01/04/17 06:47 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
HF or LF, it's 303 days until deer season is here again.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: therancher] #6616191 01/04/17 06:51 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Yes please.

We've had one hunter for 4 days specifically hunting him. I've had a discounted price on him for 6 months and all the hunters I've had said they'd shoot him if they saw him. We even tried to kill him from a chopper. We've chopper netted all the other eland and killed one from the air. This one learned to hide good when he hears any motors especially choppers .

He's been seen by my ranch hand and one other person. And I see his tracks so I know he's still there. But the bet would put money my pocket or I wouldn't have made it.

That's a very generous offer, rancher. $4,000 for an animal he'd otherwise have to go to Africa to hunt. Some of the finest meat I've ever eaten and lots of it! Heck, the plane fare alone is twice that much. If I was billy-bad-arse in shape island hunter, I'd be on this like white on rice. But I'm just a lazy, fat HF hunter who kills every deer I'm after, every time, from my recliner roflmao

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616204 01/04/17 06:59 PM
M
mehall1087 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
They all taste the same. cheers

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616227 01/04/17 07:08 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

It's only open to the two who are convinced HF hunts are 100%. You don't qualify as that ignorant.

"That ignorant" flehan

I'll hunt water for 48hrs straight

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: fouzman] #6616231 01/04/17 07:08 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: fouzman

Yes please.

That's a very generous offer, rancher. $4,000 for an animal he'd otherwise have to go to Africa to hunt. Some of the finest meat I've ever eaten and lots of it! Heck, the plane fare alone is twice that much. If I was billy-bad-arse in shape island hunter, I'd be on this like white on rice. But I'm just a lazy, fat HF hunter who kills every deer I'm after, every time, from my recliner roflmao

NOOOO!!!!!

It's FREEEE to billy bad arse!!! If he kills it. happy3

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: therancher] #6616251 01/04/17 07:18 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Give me 5 days like one of my mule deer hunts.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: A.B.] #6616261 01/04/17 07:23 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: redchevy

grin

Aggie logic?

I believe Nog is a long horn, I'm just trying to understand his logic.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616272 01/04/17 07:28 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I can't understand your reply. It makes no sense to me. Sorry. The bird posts were sarcasm because birds can fly, which kinda makes a high fence irrelevant. Anyway, I'm not a quail hunter.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616285 01/04/17 07:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
aim flush rifle bounce bs loco bolt

texas flag

Re: Your opinion on High fence deer vs low fence deer? [Re: Rebel986] #6616292 01/04/17 07:41 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Ok wait who said all HF hunts have 100% success rate?

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide