Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6613948 01/03/17 03:07 PM
drycreek3189 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I had the same thing happen near Ballinger when I had the lease there. In fact, when I saw the pic, I thought it was the EXACT same stand. I had a stand that I hunted near there and I always parked just across the fence from that feeder. I continued parking there each time I hunted the stand. Never saw anyone in it, I think it was a day hunt operation with very few customers. It must really suck to be a desperate idiot !

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: twelvetines] #6615249 01/04/17 02:35 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: twelvetines
Go to the barber shop and get a bag full of hair and spread it around the area. The human scent will keep any deer from coming in. Also hang empty milk jugs on any trees around the area, the banging noise they make will also scare off his deer.

Human scent clearly doesn't bother deer that much when I not only filled a feeder in the morning, shot a deer at it that afternoon, took a leak after loading the deer and had 7 more deer then next morning 12 hours later.

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6615293 01/04/17 03:00 AM
N
nate33 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Lots of people on this forum are leasing/selling 20 acre plots to hunt on------------ they are next to 4 fences !!!!!!!

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6615544 01/04/17 12:23 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I think I would talk to the guy. If not, I would talk to the Land Owner and then the GW. A GW that drops by every day can make a big difference.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: krmitchell] #6615624 01/04/17 01:13 PM
T
TX Hitman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Originally Posted By: twelvetines
Go to the barber shop and get a bag full of hair and spread it around the area. The human scent will keep any deer from coming in. Also hang empty milk jugs on any trees around the area, the banging noise they make will also scare off his deer.

Human scent clearly doesn't bother deer that much when I not only filled a feeder in the morning, shot a deer at it that afternoon, took a leak after loading the deer and had 7 more deer then next morning 12 hours later.

Agree with human scent, however, mountain lion urine will keep almost all wildlife away for awhile.

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6615991 01/04/17 04:55 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I wonder how far off it is that we have a setback requirement for blinds/feeders by county for hunting...

People complain about new laws and we have enough and don't need any more, but its this lack of decency and respect that keeps piling them on.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: Jkd106] #6616518 01/04/17 09:42 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jkd106
I think a lot of times, people lease these little places with no brush for very cheap. They look at the neighbors place and say why pay what those guys do when I can just hunt the same deer.

Yep our neighbors are the same on one side. Completely scalped of brush. They just run the fenceline with a road feeder and wait for deer to jump over. Corn actually shooting on both sides of the fence.

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6620006 01/06/17 11:00 PM
L
longgunner Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
If the property is being leased, contact the land owner and ask them to handle it. If it was my property, I'd have that fixed quickly or the hunter would be gone. It is the right thing to do. Plus, as a land owner, I don't want the liability risk of a hunter shooting my neighbor, especially after i was warned.

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6620484 01/07/17 03:04 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I saw call the GW. It appears he can't shoot at the feeder without the bullet crossing the fence line.

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6620531 01/07/17 03:36 AM
N
nate33 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
To make my previous point, --This is from a THF member ------ I"ll spare him and not put his name on this,,, it is posted at this time. I wonder if he hunts the fence line ?????????
""""""" . I have an 18 acre LF place. I took a couple of Axis off it this year. A Doe and a 2 year old buck. Also one WT Doe."""""

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6620534 01/07/17 03:39 AM
N
nocknload Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Start Dove hunting along the fence line

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6622036 01/08/17 07:18 AM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
popcorn

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6624983 01/10/17 03:19 AM
S
supersampson12 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Talk to him about it

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6628344 01/12/17 03:19 AM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
One year our neighbors put a feeder on the fence. Our ranch manager went to their camp and told them to move it or they would never have permission to track a deer on our property and would face trespass charges if they ever crossed. Feeder was promptly moved. Besides that a little curtesy is not hard

Big Beckett!!
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: Ramsey] #6628360 01/12/17 03:29 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Ramsey
One year our neighbors put a feeder on the fence. Our ranch manager went to their camp and told them to move it or they would never have permission to track a deer on our property and would face trespass charges if they ever crossed. Feeder was promptly moved. Besides that a little curtesy is not hard

If your ranch manager walked into our camp making demands and threats he would probably be lucky to make it out of camp without someone whipping his arse after the laughter stopped.

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6628480 01/12/17 04:33 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: scalebuster

If your ranch manager walked into our camp making demands and threats he would probably be lucky to make it out of camp without someone whipping his arse after the laughter stopped.

That's not very hospitable....didn't say he was being an AH or jerk about it....could have been downright neighborly about it....just saying if it stays on the fence you won't be able to track wounded animals across the fence....but I guess y'alls camp is full of badazzes.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6628500 01/12/17 04:44 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms

You win the award for IBA today cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6628510 01/12/17 04:48 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Grizz
Originally Posted By: dkershen
Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Originally Posted By: Curtis
Call GW. Easy fix.
Just curious, but what can a GW do about it?

There is no way a shot taking at anything under that feeder, from the blind in the background, will stay on their side of the fence. It's illegal to take a shot that knowingly crosses onto someone else's property.

I agree 100%, but GW's generally can't do anything until an offense has actually been committed. A more proactive GW could easily justify talking to the guy about the potential problems, but no enforcement action can be taken until there is evidence that a bullet actually crossed the fence. Under normal circumstances, that can be difficult to prove.

GW told me the same thing. Said that it gives him the ability to talk to the person about it, but there really isn't anything he can do. And if a shot is taken, proven it is almost impossible because of the lack of evidence. He said the intent of the law was discourage this situation and as a way to "stack" charges in conjunction with other more serious offenses like poaching or shooting from a road confused2

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: JTS] #6628597 01/12/17 11:50 AM
J
Jungleexplorer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Whatever happened to the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". There was a time when neighbors actually did not treat each other like enemies and were actually nice to each other (GASP!)

Last edited by Jungleexplorer; 01/12/17 03:27 PM.

I'm sorry for my sins Jesus, please forgive me.

https://sorryformysins.com/

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: txshntr] #6628628 01/12/17 12:44 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: txshntr

You win the award for IBA today cheers

And another would have won a weekend in jail and probably lost their lease over such idiocy.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6631040 01/13/17 08:13 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

^^^ found the fenceline hunters ^^^

Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: scalebuster] #6631491 01/14/17 12:57 AM
C
Creedmoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

Boy, I bet everyone here almost peed their pants in fear just reading that. rolleyes

There's a fine line between BRAVE ... and STUPID.

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
Re: Neighbor hunting fence line [Re: Creedmoor] #6631521 01/14/17 01:15 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Creedmoor

Boy, I bet everyone here almost peed their pants in fear just reading that. rolleyes

scared..................................................................................................... rofl

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide