Print Thread
Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County #6599611 12/23/16 02:41 PM
J
John Humbert Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
OK Guys, with the loss of my job I have to cut back a little. So having 3 deer leases and running 9 feeders is too much. I am contemplating letting 1 or 2 of them go. But there's a twist for this one - I am exploring the possibility of someone taking over my spot lock, stock, and barrel. The lease itself is $1800, payable in three installments of $600 to the lease manager. I have 2 broadcast feeders, 1 Lamco trough protein feeder, an elevated quad pod, and a small trailer with power hookup. (The Lamco might be sold to a nearby rancher).

The lease is about 5000+ acres and their are 10 spots. It is beautiful rugged country and you will hardly see anyone else, except in camp. Lots of elbow room. There are tons of deer, good numbers of hogs, and turkeys. You should have no problem getting an 8-10pt mature buck in the 115-130 range. There are also fox, bobcats, sometimes a stray exotic, and I've even seen a couple of lions. The lease is divided into 25 hunting areas of 200-400 acres each and you can pick your own area. The spot where I am currently setup is way in the back of the lease, on top of the big hill and is, IMHO, one of the best areas. Typically I see 10-15 every sit, and I seem to get all sorts of incidental critters out there. In the past 4 years I have been leasing, I have on cam: Mountain Lions, Zebra, Aoudad, and Sika. In person I have seen what I believe to be an elk or red stag. Now these are very rare sightings, but usually get something unusual 2-3 times a year on cam. My private section is about 250 acres, and I have no one hunting on any of the adjacent sections.

This is really a great lease and great group of guys. I hate to leave, but with 3 leases - running a total of 9 feeders - I just can't justify the expense being out of work. My other leases, one has axis and one has fewer, but the potential of huge 150+" bucks - so this one is odd man out. I can further save money by not having to spend the money/time hauling/storing all this equipment, hence the "package" offering.

I haven't fully decided yet, will be waiting until season closes to make final decision - but thought I would throw this out there to see what kind of interest. One feeder is a well built quad leg fixed 500lb square, the other is a 300lb Hang-Em High crank-up. The quad pod is a 2 man "Generation" from Monarch in Arlington. And then the 800 lb. LAMCO protein feeder. The trailer is not much, just a place to crash - two beds, no water. But everything is working and turn-key ready to hunt.

The lease is about 5 miles SW of Blackwell in northern Coke county. It is about 4.5 hours from Dallas.

If you are interested, send me a PM. I haven't decided prices on equipment, but I can tell it will be CHEAP. I will respond to all messages - but it might be after XMAS. Be sure to leave contact information.

Last edited by John Humbert; 12/23/16 02:50 PM.
Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: John Humbert] #6599672 12/23/16 03:19 PM
H
hanoverian Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I'm am interested in what u are offering in lease spot. I am an out of stater from Louisiana and been looking for something in Texas. I would like to know more about the turkey population on ranch as that would be my main passion and if the whole ranch is huntable in spring turkey season or can u only hunt your own area. The deer hunting would just be for lagniappe. Also would like to know what are the restrictions on family members and guests

Thanks in advance
Terrell

Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: John Humbert] #6599673 12/23/16 03:20 PM
H
hanoverian Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Sorry meant to send in pm.
Sent pm

Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: hanoverian] #6599724 12/23/16 03:49 PM
J
John Humbert Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: hanoverian
I'm am interested in what u are offering in lease spot. I am an out of stater from Louisiana and been looking for something in Texas. I would like to know more about the turkey population on ranch as that would be my main passion and if the whole ranch is huntable in spring turkey season or can u only hunt your own area. The deer hunting would just be for lagniappe. Also would like to know what are the restrictions on family members and guests

Thanks in advance
Terrell

There are good numbers of turkey, depending on your spot on the 5000 acres. I don't see too many on top of my hill, but I did shoot one last week - go figure. You can only hunt your own area - we do not travel into other's areas and spots not taken are considered "sanctuary" areas and you cannot hunt, setup feeders, etc. Everyone respects this.

Turkey are more prevalent in the lower, flatter areas - especially if you are near a creek or drainage.

Immediate family members living the same household are welcome to hunt off your allotment of 1 mature back, 8pt or better, and 1 doe. Most everyone always gets a nice mature 8 or 10pt.

Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: John Humbert] #6600310 12/23/16 11:05 PM
B
BMag Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
PM Sent

Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: John Humbert] #6602322 12/25/16 09:58 PM
T
tholloway Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
PM sent

Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: John Humbert] #6602793 12/26/16 02:34 PM
H
HuntAddict06 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Pm sent

Re: Possible Deer Lease Opening - Coke County [Re: John Humbert] #6620372 01/07/17 01:53 AM
J
John Humbert Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Ok, thanks for all the responses. Well, the lease manager has folks already on a waiting list, and all current members have first shot to move into my vacated spot. So I cannot "will" or "sell" my spot to a new member. I've talked with him and apparently he has enough folks on the waiting list to fill any vacancies.

Sorry ...

I am coordinating the sale of my feeders, stand, and trailer through him to existing members and any new members coming onto the lease.

Any stuff that is not purchased by them, I will be offering later.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide