Forums46
Topics537,031
Posts9,719,638
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters #6594230 12/19/16 09:38 PM
P
Palehorse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Trump's latest pick for Interior Secretary looks good for us. Glad to hear it. cheers

http://www.outdoorlife.com/ryan-zinke-named-secretary-interior?cmpid=enews121916&spPodID=030

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6594240 12/19/16 09:49 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
up

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6594256 12/19/16 10:03 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I saw that. I am pleased with the pick.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Halfadozen] #6594275 12/19/16 10:15 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
up

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6594977 12/20/16 01:31 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
up

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6595198 12/20/16 04:21 PM
N
NDN98 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
clap

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6595224 12/20/16 04:34 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
An excellent choice with a good track record and a veteran as well. There are some politics involved at the state level that makes this a surprising pick. Has he accepted?

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6596251 12/21/16 05:47 AM
F
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I hope so. There is one of his cabinet picks that is for giving federal lands to the states, which IMO would lead to development, privatization, and loss of access. Federal public lands belong to the public, not an oil or mining company. I hope it stays that way, we shall see I guess.

Adult late onset hunter. Why did I wait so long to get started?
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy] #6596262 12/21/16 05:56 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: foodieguy
I hope so. There is one of his cabinet picks that is for giving federal lands to the states, which IMO would lead to development, privatization, and loss of access. Federal public lands belong to the public, not an oil or mining company. I hope it stays that way, we shall see I guess.

Which cabinet pick are you referring to?

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: ndhunter] #6602466 12/26/16 02:18 AM
F
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Well, Tillerson as secretary of state and Pruitt as head of the EPA really. With those guys in in seems like the deck is stacked in favor of the oil and gas industry. Interior secretary has a lot of say on exploration of oil and gas on public land. Those two guys are in the pocket of big oil.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy] #6602472 12/26/16 02:27 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Well, Tillerson as secretary of state and Pruitt as head of the EPA really. With those guys in in seems like the deck is stacked in favor of the oil and gas industry. Interior secretary has a lot of say on exploration of oil and gas on public land. Those two guys are in the pocket of big oil.

Good, eco idiot hippy's are ruining the forest. Open the canopy up with responsible drilling and timber harvest.

Austin is perfect example... Cedar nice this time of year?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6602718 12/26/16 12:38 PM
L
lthomas132 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Good, eco idiot hippy's are ruining the forest. Open the canopy up with responsible drilling and timber harvest.

cheers

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: lthomas132] #6603030 12/26/16 07:36 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: lthomas132

cheers
cheers

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6603183 12/26/16 10:55 PM
F
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F

Not much public land in TX, and not sure at all how cedar trees in central TX relates to public lands? All I'm saying is that those guys are likely to exploit OUR public lands for way too cheap. I guess we'll see if Zinke can stand up for the the hunters and hikers.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy] #6607099 12/29/16 07:54 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Not much public land in TX, and not sure at all how cedar trees in central TX relates to public lands? All I'm saying is that those guys are likely to exploit OUR public lands for way too cheap. I guess we'll see if Zinke can stand up for the the hunters and hikers.

I'm sure if it is "exploited" as you say it will be to the highest bidder on fed lands.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6607940 12/30/16 02:14 PM
B
BrushyHillGuide Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Sounds like a good pick for interior Secretary!

I'm all for O&G exploration and responsible exploitation of our natural resources. Especially in light of our massive debt. Tillerson is a great choice for Sec State, IMO. SO tired of the demonization of the O&G industry! To be expected from an Austinite, though. It's an embarrassment that our state capitol has turned into a hippy run haven for leftists and refugees from the left coast.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: ndhunter] #6608019 12/30/16 03:17 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: ndhunter
An excellent choice with a good track record and a veteran as well. There are some politics involved at the state level that makes this a surprising pick. Has he accepted?

I know that I am quoting myself but has Zinke indicated that he is willing to give up his House Seat to accept the position? I think he is a good pick but I am not sure that it will be politically expedient for Republican party.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6616676 01/04/17 11:13 PM
F
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Yeah, that didnt take long...

http://www.fieldandstream.com/gop-house-...=SOC&dom=fb

Check for yourself how Zinke voted...

Vote results

Last edited by foodieguy; 01/04/17 11:15 PM.

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6616759 01/04/17 11:59 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Didn't take long at all. These POS would sell out their own Grandmother for their corporate overlords. One thing about Trump, he's easy to figure out. If his lips are moving, he's lying.

#TrumputinmakeRussiagreatagain

Last edited by Erathkid; 01/05/17 12:00 AM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy] #6616810 01/05/17 12:27 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

1.5 million acres ain't much I guess confused2

Cedar trees and think over grown Forrests where fire is suprised is the exact same thing. You think Hill country has always been choked with cedar?

You think our public Forrest should be void of daylight do to canopy choke out? Sounds real natural.

Wildlife flourish with fire and or controlled timber harvest.

How do you destroy hunting? Take away the ability to have sustainable harvest.
Simple introduce non native predators unmanaged and choke out the Forrest to limit populations thus destroying carring capacity.

Banff National Forrest is a perfect example sad traggic system. Looks great until you start looking at wild life numbers. Then you look at the bs Y2Y management principles started anti hunting crowd

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Erathkid] #6616815 01/05/17 12:29 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Didn't take long at all. These POS would sell out their own Grandmother for their corporate overlords. One thing about Trump, he's easy to figure out. If his lips are moving, he's lying.

#TrumputinmakeRussiagreatagain

He isn't even in office?

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6617100 01/05/17 02:55 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Virtually all fed land should be given to the states. Much better stewards at the state level.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: ndhunter] #6617247 01/05/17 04:55 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

I know that I am quoting myself but has Zinke indicated that he is willing to give up his House Seat to accept the position? I think he is a good pick but I am not sure that it will be politically expedient for Republican party.

I guess he plans on accepting. I'm not sure if this vote will help expedite the confirmation process. Not exactly what I was expecting based on his background. Sounds like there are a bunch of Democrats lining up to run for his House Seat.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/n...-fire/96171020/

Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6617430 01/05/17 01:23 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Here it comes. Selling off our PUBLIC lands to the highest bidder. Teddy is spinning in his grave. All of you that think this is a good idea aren't true conservationists\sportsmen. Regardless of your political views, how is this good for America? Welcome to the alternate universe in which we live. Trump and minions will probably buy these lands at bargain basement prices. Their own "private Idaho". SMH.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse] #6617438 01/05/17 01:29 PM
machine73 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Agreed, Erathkid. We are selling our grandkids' inheritance for a few quick dollars. And no there is not a lot of public land in TX. About 3% of our land mass. I've worked in oil and gas where they are drilling on public land. That land gets closed to hunting. The people get ripped off.

Last edited by machine73; 01/05/17 01:29 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide