Forum Stats
62829 Members
46 Forums
440377 Topics
6065059 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#6594230 - 12/19/16 03:38 PM Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters
Palehorse Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Surfside Beach, TX
Trump's latest pick for Interior Secretary looks good for us. Glad to hear it. cheers

http://www.outdoorlife.com/ryan-zinke-named-secretary-interior?cmpid=enews121916&spPodID=030
“He grouped his last five shots right in the center of the bull’s-eye. Then I showed him my technique of scattering shots randomly around the target because, as I explained, you never know which way the deer might jump just as you pull the trigger.”

#6594240 - 12/19/16 03:49 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse]
Halfadozen Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Parker County
up

#6594256 - 12/19/16 04:03 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse]
Erny Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Smith County
I saw that. I am pleased with the pick.

#6594275 - 12/19/16 04:15 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Halfadozen]
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
up

#6594977 - 12/20/16 07:31 AM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse]
Jimbo Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The last LF ranch in S. Texas
up

#6595198 - 12/20/16 10:21 AM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse]
NDN98 Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: McKinney, TX
clap

#6595224 - 12/20/16 10:34 AM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse]
ndhunter Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Dallas, TX
An excellent choice with a good track record and a veteran as well. There are some politics involved at the state level that makes this a surprising pick. Has he accepted?

#6596251 - 12/20/16 11:47 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: Palehorse]
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Austin
I hope so. There is one of his cabinet picks that is for giving federal lands to the states, which IMO would lead to development, privatization, and loss of access. Federal public lands belong to the public, not an oil or mining company. I hope it stays that way, we shall see I guess.

#6596262 - 12/20/16 11:56 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy]
ndhunter Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: foodieguy
I hope so. There is one of his cabinet picks that is for giving federal lands to the states, which IMO would lead to development, privatization, and loss of access. Federal public lands belong to the public, not an oil or mining company. I hope it stays that way, we shall see I guess.

Which cabinet pick are you referring to?

#6602466 - 12/25/16 08:18 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: ndhunter]
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog

Well, Tillerson as secretary of state and Pruitt as head of the EPA really. With those guys in in seems like the deck is stacked in favor of the oil and gas industry. Interior secretary has a lot of say on exploration of oil and gas on public land. Those two guys are in the pocket of big oil.

#6602472 - 12/25/16 08:27 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy]
BOBO the Clown Offline
decoy

Loc: Metroplex
Well, Tillerson as secretary of state and Pruitt as head of the EPA really. With those guys in in seems like the deck is stacked in favor of the oil and gas industry. Interior secretary has a lot of say on exploration of oil and gas on public land. Those two guys are in the pocket of big oil.

Good, eco idiot hippy's are ruining the forest. Open the canopy up with responsible drilling and timber harvest.

Austin is perfect example... Cedar nice this time of year?

#6602718 - 12/26/16 06:38 AM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: BOBO the Clown]
lthomas132 Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Texas, hunt Rising Star
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Good, eco idiot hippy's are ruining the forest. Open the canopy up with responsible drilling and timber harvest.

cheers
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

#6603030 - 12/26/16 01:36 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: lthomas132]
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Helotes, Hext
Originally Posted By: lthomas132

cheers
cheers

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark

#6603183 - 12/26/16 04:55 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: BOBO the Clown]
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog

Not much public land in TX, and not sure at all how cedar trees in central TX relates to public lands? All I'm saying is that those guys are likely to exploit OUR public lands for way too cheap. I guess we'll see if Zinke can stand up for the the hunters and hikers.

#6607099 - 12/29/16 01:54 PM Re: Trump's pick for Interior Secretary looks to be good for hunters [Re: foodieguy]
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: TX

Not much public land in TX, and not sure at all how cedar trees in central TX relates to public lands? All I'm saying is that those guys are likely to exploit OUR public lands for way too cheap. I guess we'll see if Zinke can stand up for the the hunters and hikers.

I'm sure if it is "exploited" as you say it will be to the highest bidder on fed lands.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide