facebook
Forum Stats
60439 Members
45 Forums
475815 Topics
6241994 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6565910 - 11/30/16 01:41 PM Dead Wood Hallow Ranch in Hill Country Review & Video
jtprocaddie Offline
Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
First I want to say this place is beautiful! Me and a buddy paid 300.00 each for 2 whitetail does each, and almost paid for an exotic doe, but decided to wait.

We arrived early Saturday morning, and Garrett and Bobbie were ready to go as soon as we got there. They even had coffee and breakfast cooked and ready for us if we wanted some before we went out, but we decided to hit the ground running.

They split us up to increase our odds, I went into the high fenced (500 acres) and my buddy with to the low fenced (1500 acres) area. We both saw lots of animals, however we both passed on some smaller does on the inside and outside areas in the morning. I ended up taking a decent doe at the end of the morning as my first doe.

When we got back to the cabin at around 10am, they had more fresh food ready to go, along with drinks iced and ready. They made some home made axis deer chili which was out of this world!

They had beds for us to take a nap in, which my buddy jumped on that opportunity, and I sat in the living room with bobbie and watched Saturday college football.

Come 3pm it was time to get out and go again, we each hunted the same blinds. Once again I saw a lot of animals and a few small does but I was being picky on my second doe (I almost pulled the trigger on a button buck, and I saw his buttons at the last min and decided not to shoot).

We heard a gunshot in the distance and knew my buddy had one down. Then 45 mins later we heard another gun shot. He had shot his second doe just 45 mins after the first in the same low fenced spot! both big does!

The next day, I got to the ranch a little earlier so I could eat their awesome breakfast, and then hit it again; this time I was in the low fenced area in the morning. Unfortunately the neighbor was decided to do some construction work and the noise was just carrying across everywhere and nothing was moving. Garrett called him and informed him he had hunters and the neighbor stopped for the rest of the day. In the afternoon I went back into the high fenced and shot a decent doe for my second doe.

Such an amazing place, and these guys make sure you enjoy every bit of it! Will be going back again in the next few weeks to get my other 2 does!

Because we had such a great time and these guys went way above and beyond for us, I decided to do an episode for my online show there.

#6567009 - 12/01/16 09:07 AM Re: Dead Wood Hallow Ranch in Hill Country Review & Video [Re: jtprocaddie]
EddieWalker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
Sounds like a great deal. Congratulations on your does. Can you provide a link to the ranch or outfitter?

#6567176 - 12/01/16 10:30 AM Re: Dead Wood Hallow Ranch in Hill Country Review & Video [Re: jtprocaddie]
jtprocaddie Offline
Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
They do not have a website, all word of mouth. But here is his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/garrett.simon.5

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide