This is one of my go-to recipes that was posted on Hank Shaw's site that for some reason is no longer up. Works great for ducks & geese. Anyone else do something similar?
Post on my blog w/step by step pics:Baked wild duck tenders
Here’s how the recipe was on the Honest-Food.net site…Ingredients
1 pound duck, goose or chicken tenders
¼ cup duck fat or butter
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon garlic powderInstructions
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. This will take about 30 minutes 1. for most ovens.
2. Meanwhile, salt the tenders well and set aside as the oven warms.
3. Melt the duck fat or butter in a small saucepan.
4. Mix all the spices with the breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
5. Set out a rimmed cookie sheet with either a Silpmat non-stick pad in the bottom, or some greased foil.
6. Pat the tenders dry with paper towels and then dip each into the duck fat. Dredge them in the seasoned breadcrumbs and arrange on the cookie sheet. When all the tenders are ready, drizzle any remaining duck fat over them.
7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes and serve at once with mustard or a little lemon or vinegar.