Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: SniperRAB] #6565934 11/30/16 07:54 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
He's just trying to stir the pot as usual and get a reaction...

Yes it's always Deer Hunting but most Ranchers and Landowners will not Tolerate someone allowing a Varmint to walk.
Plain and Simple, Livestock are to valuable.
I have seen a guy watching a video of his deer at a feeder when videoing became the Rage...and the Landowner walked in and was watching the video and said why did you not shoot that Bobcat...He said I didn't want to scare my Deer off.

He finished eating walked outside, walked up to the Strawboss and said tell him to have his stuff gone and don't come back.

There's a question on the table. There's no wrong answer. Troll.

As for your little story, it doesn't mean chit or apply to me. 1)I don't run livestock and 2)I am the landowner.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: SniperRAB] #6566007 11/30/16 08:38 PM
dogdown23 Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Yes it's always Deer Hunting but most Ranchers and Landowners will not Tolerate someone allowing a Varmint to walk.
I have seen a guy watching a video of his deer at a feeder when videoing became the Rage...and the Landowner walked in and was watching the video and said why did you not shoot that Bobcat...He said I didn't want to scare my Deer off.

He finished eating walked outside, walked up to the Strawboss and said tell him to have his stuff gone and don't come back.

Do the land owners put a clause in the less that says you must shoot varmints?? If you pay to deer hunt a lease who's to tell you what you can and can't shoot? Im deer hunting not varmint hunting. I'll wait till january thru april to kill the predators.

Dogdown

The only thing that'll stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun.
Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566157 11/30/16 09:59 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
if i see one that i can make a safe
shot on it gets shot.
there isn't a coyote walking that would
pass up a fawn if it finds one.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566166 11/30/16 10:03 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
People think way to much into the deer brain. A deer in the woods hearing a bullet does not automatically runoff because they do not understand or perceive a threat/danger behind it. Guns are shot daily in most rural areas and other occasional loud noises from oilfield work or otherwise happen. Maybe at close range where sound wave and muzzle blast can be sensed but not from 80 yards out in a blind. Maybe if you shoot and miss and hit something close-by. In my experience 50 percent or better after a shot more deer and other animals can be seen in the area.

If your argument is you shot a deer amongst other deer and the rest ran off that is because the one you shot reacted in a way that they interpreted as threatening/dangerous.

Also a coyote following a doe does not mean you won't see another animal. Just because a predator visits an area or goes through an area does not mean other animals won't come around for a certain amount of time? If anything that makes other prey animals feel safer not being chased.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566206 11/30/16 10:32 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
a lot of deer (animals in general) will stand in their tracks not knowing where the shot came from (and not know where to run), but the instant you bolt another round (or lever, break open breech, etc.) that's when they will run because they can tell where it comes from.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: MoBettaHuntR] #6566228 11/30/16 10:50 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR
People think way to much into the deer brain. A deer in the woods hearing a bullet does not automatically runoff because they do not understand or perceive a threat/danger behind it. Guns are shot daily in most rural areas and other occasional loud noises from oilfield work or otherwise happen. Maybe at close range where sound wave and muzzle blast can be sensed but not from 80 yards out in a blind. Maybe if you shoot and miss and hit something close-by. In my experience 50 percent or better after a shot more deer and other animals can be seen in the area.

If your argument is you shot a deer amongst other deer and the rest ran off that is because the one you shot reacted in a way that they interpreted as threatening/dangerous.

Also a coyote following a doe does not mean you won't see another animal. Just because a predator visits an area or goes through an area does not mean other animals won't come around for a certain amount of time? If anything that makes other prey animals feel safer not being chased.

"People think way to much into the deer brain."

Nailed it...
They try and make a science out of it roflmao

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566237 11/30/16 10:58 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I shoot suppressed for a reason!!! No coyote or pig gets a pass when I have a rifle in hand. 300 blk out suppressed is very quiet, and doesn't disturb much.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566242 11/30/16 11:02 PM
RedSnake Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Coyote down

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: RedSnake] #6566244 11/30/16 11:03 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: RedSnake
Coyote down

rofl

Let the Smoke Stick Eat!!

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566325 12/01/16 12:13 AM
RedSnake Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566343 12/01/16 12:26 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Simple. Shoot.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566360 12/01/16 12:37 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
The question is a narrow one. As usual, lots of wrong assumptions. My answer doesn't mean I don't kill varmints. I own my place. I don't lease it or visit it a few times a year. I'll kill more coyotes in a year on my place than many will see in five. I know a lot of folks get all excited to shoot something because it's a thrill for them but it's just like shooting rats to me. Hogs too.

I do like enjoy shooting them with a bow though...

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: SniperRAB] #6566700 12/01/16 04:09 AM
W
watchale Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: Billy Goat
I will shoot over the back of a nice 8 point to kill a coyote.

is that clear enough? smile

Okay now that made Giggle rofl roflmao

Me too clap

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: SniperRAB] #6566736 12/01/16 04:59 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Coyote & Hog eradication was part of my last lease agreement

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: ndhunter] #6566780 12/01/16 07:11 AM
G
Grosvenor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I let them walk usually. Not as mad at them as some of you. I wish they would eat our damn cows.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566795 12/01/16 11:10 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
"The question is a narrow one. As usual, lots of wrong assumptions. My answer doesn't mean I don't kill varmints. I own my place. I don't lease it or visit it a few times a year. I'll kill more coyotes in a year on my place than many will see in five. I know a lot of folks get all excited to shoot something because it's a thrill for them but it's just like shooting rats to me. Hogs too.

I do like enjoy shooting them with a bow though..."

No one said that they had to shoot something to get a thrill, many of the people that responded I know personally and very few times pull a trigger due to the fact they are Managment Minded. A vital part of Deer Management is Doe vs Buck ratio... Coyotes will play a role in that in a very Negative role. You keep stating..This place can be frustrating like that..
No one else gets frustrated, because they choose to not have an Elitist attitude and choose the tone of..I own my own place and so above you common men, many of us own our places also..but we know how to manage our numbers and manage Deer.

Just look at the threads with Coyotes /Cattle/Feed Pens/Bullet Placements etc etc...

You chose a Combative Stance that Trolls for argumentative discussions filled with Elitism.

Hence why you won't post in the Bunker anymore because the people refused to tolerate the Attitude.

You don't like shooting Coyotes..

Duly Noted and we will take that under advisement. No need play the Victim and make your point and move along in the Lunch line.

Anyone that has ever retained a Ounce of Knowledge on Deer or Livestock will tell you to wipe out a varmint.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566799 12/01/16 11:29 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I don't need a lecture from the likes of you on varmints, cattle, running a place, or anything else. I've probably "wiped out" more varmints than you have ever laid eyes on. It's not a controversial post - just a simple question about a narrow circumstance. Several folks answered it as I did. As usual, you have your panties in a wad because it's me. The only combative one on this thread is you.

I own my place. I'll run it as I see fit. When you own your place, you can do the same. Until then, take your orders from the "straw boss" and leave me alone. (If I leased my place (which I never will) I would probably make them shoot varmints too. Not ruining my hunt so what would I care? grin )

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6566808 12/01/16 11:59 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Hang in there Little Buddy roflmao

So now you have shot more animals than I have laid eyes one rofl

Spanky wouldn't reply like that roflmao

Keep paying attention and your going to retain some great stuff up

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6567701 12/01/16 11:31 PM
T
Trash Fish and Cull Bucks Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I guess I'm a little different than most in that I rarely shoot coyotes (and have never shot a bobcat, although I've seen several). Predators play too important a role in population management (small mammals and deer), so I let them walk. Besides, shooting a bunch just keeps the population in the exponential growth curve with associated high reproductive rates. Shooting them rarely makes much of a difference. Don't have a problem if folks want to hunt them though (calling yotes is fun).

The recreational value of game is inverse to the artificiality of its origin - Aldo Leopold
Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks] #6567719 12/01/16 11:48 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks
I guess I'm a little different than most in that I rarely shoot coyotes (and have never shot a bobcat, although I've seen several). Predators play too important a role in population management (small mammals and deer), so I let them walk. Besides, shooting a bunch just keeps the population in the exponential growth curve with associated high reproductive rates. Shooting them rarely makes much of a difference. Don't have a problem if folks want to hunt them though (calling yotes is fun).

I take it you don't own livestock?

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: TexFlip] #6567821 12/02/16 01:20 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

I take it you don't own livestock?

Was talking to a Rancher today and was discussing this very Topic...

When we discussed this thread, he doubled over laughing and said...Liberal Democrats shouldn't be allowed to own a piece of Property in Texas rofl rofl

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6567823 12/02/16 01:22 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks] #6567853 12/02/16 01:48 AM
V
vanguard Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
V

same here im fortunate enough to hunt some land for free in exchange for work, been on the place 10 years , me and the old man are good friends now, hes run off all the family and only me and him are allowed to hunt, hes tired of family calling right before deer season to ask if he needs help. me and him are out there year round workin the place. anyway this old man wont even let you shoot a coyote or bobcat, he says all creatures have a roll in the eco system, if coyotes reduce game animal populations ours must be anorexic, cause we are over populated with everything, deer , hogs, turkey, rabbits rats, mice, coons, etc.. just this morning i had senderos filled with deer and turkey and 2 hogs, bobcat walks out and crosses sendero not 10 yds in front of a bunch of does and yearlings, deer just looked at him walk on by, we have way to many small game animals for predators to mess with deer. old man says if you kill a coyote you better bring me 100 dead mice this year.

Re: If you see a coyote... [Re: clu] #6567858 12/02/16 01:50 AM
T
txmudder Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Every chance I get. rifle

You should have been here yesterday!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread