I'm sure Chad and JG will chime in with good info and JG is reloading 308 for his AR10. I reload for my AR15 in 6.8 and 556/223 and will offer the following:
- full length resize when using in an autoloader
- trimming the case "may" be more critical in an autolader vs bolt
- pay attention to maximum length that will fit into the magazine
- most will not bother crimping the bullet but, since it is an autoloader, you might consider a very light crimp. I like the Lee Factory Crimp die for this application...and Lee dies are JG's favorite
- I would suggest the 168 or even 150 in a gas gun since you will be loosing a bit of velocity as compared to a bolt gun. I think JG chose 155 for his for this reason.
- I lean toward non-tipped bullets for a gas gun to avoid tip deformation and it seems the ogive is a bit closer to the lands this way (I could be wrong on this)