Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Nasty deer blinds - mine #6528916 11/06/16 05:07 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Hunted yesterday and noticed that the blind was a real mess. The wife, a clean freak, gave me some grief last time she saw it. So...after the morning hunt today, I broom swept all blinds and made sure all heaters were working. They look so nice now. I may hang some ferns and a velvet Elvis.

And while I was at it, I reset the clocks on all the feeders. Probably ran all the deer off, but maybe I can get me a coyote this afternoon.

Last edited by 603Country; 11/06/16 05:07 PM.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6528943 11/06/16 05:28 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I use a shop vac and a generator about twice a year...and police my Stand after every sit.
A Blind much like a Truck and your House, Yard, Etc. is a reflection of you. I have gotten into Stands on Hunts and seen Pee Jugs from the prior year and wrappers, cans and spit jugs. It to me is a sign of pure Laziness and self worth and complete disregard for self discipline.

To this day when my Son will come and visit, he will stop at the Local Gas Station prior to arrival and clean out the bed of his Truck because he knows at some point I will walk into the driveway and do a once over. Simply amazes me when someone uses the excuse of I don't have the time..Then manage your time wisely and have an Ounce of Discipline and Self Respect up

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6529006 11/06/16 06:27 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Sniper, you may have OCBD - obsessive compulsive blind disorder.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB] #6529052 11/06/16 07:21 PM
S
shea.mcphail Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
I use a shop vac and a generator about twice a year...and police my Stand after every sit.
A Blind much like a Truck and your House, Yard, Etc. is a reflection of you. I have gotten into Stands on Hunts and seen Pee Jugs from the prior year and wrappers, cans and spit jugs. It to me is a sign of pure Laziness and self worth and complete disregard for self discipline.

To this day when my Son will come and visit, he will stop at the Local Gas Station prior to arrival and clean out the bed of his Truck because he knows at some point I will walk into the driveway and do a once over. Simply amazes me when someone uses the excuse of I don't have the time..Then manage your time wisely and have an Ounce of Discipline and Self Respect up

I like this. Wish I was better at it myself.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: shea.mcphail] #6529449 11/06/16 11:14 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: shea.mcphail

I like this. Wish I was better at it myself.

Very good, I do the same.

I am going to slap the next person upside the head that I see sitting on the couch punching away at an iPhone, and then tells me they do not have time for a simple tiding up, it only take minutes.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB] #6529472 11/06/16 11:24 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

Such a harda$$. grin

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6531112 11/07/16 07:50 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
My brother used to eat sunflower seeds in the blind... just spit the hulls on the floor that bugged me, but I'm nowhere near as ocd/judgemental as the rab.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: redchevy] #6531157 11/07/16 08:10 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: redchevy
My brother used to eat sunflower seeds in the blind... just spit the hulls on the floor that bugged me, but I'm nowhere near as ocd/judgemental as the rab.

Not Judgmental...
If it's yours you can sling a Deuce in the middle of it, I could care less...It's your World I am just passing thru...
He asked and I said that's my opinion...I have a Pad Lock on mine for a reason.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6531191 11/07/16 08:20 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
lol...I hunted at my buddies lease in Louisiana a few years ago, and I hunted one of his friend's stand...lemme just say, this guy had dip spit bottles and piss bottles by the dozen just sitting all around on the floor in his stand. I crawled in there knocking some of them down to then finding out they were open. The smell of that piss and dip spit all in the carpet just screwed me all morning. That afternoon I told him I have to move spots. lol

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6531802 11/08/16 01:14 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
No Thank You...

I will sit in a Brushed in Blind on a Log.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB] #6532212 11/08/16 11:19 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Not Judgmental...
If it's yours you can sling a Deuce in the middle of it, I could care less...It's your World I am just passing thru...

Why yes I do sling a deuce flush in the middle of it....

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: stxranchman] #6533058 11/08/16 07:07 PM
C
cowboybam58 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Not Judgmental...

Hahahahahaha. That's a great idea.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6535558 11/09/16 05:10 PM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I admit my blinds are a little messy, not nasty bottles but dirty and need to be cleaned. Admitting first step right?

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6535731 11/09/16 06:34 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
You haven't lived till an owl gets in your blind. Pee and trash would be the least of your worries.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6535783 11/09/16 07:03 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
I just opened mine last weekend for the first time this year... eek2 took a bit but its tolerable now.. the amount of pee bottles was sick

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: Simple Searcher] #6541197 11/13/16 02:37 PM
J
Jon B Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J

I am going to slap the next person upside the head that I see sitting on the couch punching away at an iPhone, and then tells me they do not have time for a simple tiding up, it only take minutes. [/quote]

I should let my wife read this! Lol

I wish stupidity was not so handsomly rewarded.
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB] #6550696 11/19/16 09:24 PM
C
Creedmoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

LOL. This is me made over again. My wife says I'm neater and pickier than any woman she knows.

There's a fine line between BRAVE ... and STUPID.

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: Creedmoor] #6550788 11/19/16 10:51 PM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Creedmoor

LOL. This is me made over again. My wife says I'm neater and pickier than any woman she knows.
Ped? Is that you?

Bobby Barnett

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6551887 11/20/16 11:29 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Trash, pee and spit bottles, seed hulls and other debris, etc?

No.

Police up your $#/t when you leave. Easy. Your level of cleanliness is up to you. It's your stand.

However...

It's a freakin' deer stand, not a kitchen. I don't have the patience for mental inspections and meeting other's self imposed standards. If I have to worry about all that out of someone, chances are pretty great they won't be invited to hunt with me.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: cowboybam58] #6563140 11/29/16 02:49 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: cowboybam58
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Not Judgmental...

Hahahahahaha. That's a great idea.

I have a similar make shift toilet in my blind. I've had an emergency hit and siting on said make shift toilet while deer were eating corn at my feeder.

Retarding clean vs. messy/dirty blinds. I keep mine picked up and clean. I cannot stand for my blind to be junky.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country] #6573359 12/06/16 12:23 AM
D
dreeves Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
I keep a whisk broom in mine.. Sweep it every other hunt or so. My boys think I'm a nazi about it.. I can't stand the blinds that have a pile of empty drink cans, green propoane bottles, wrappers, and such thrown outside around it...

BTW--- a new one for me... I had to crap in my backpack the other day. had to go bad and couldn't get out of the stand. I had one of those cheap 99c ponchos all folded up.. cut it up, lined my backpack with it and it served the purpose.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide