6244950 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6528916 - 11/06/16 11:07 AM Nasty deer blinds - mine
603Country Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Central Texas
Hunted yesterday and noticed that the blind was a real mess. The wife, a clean freak, gave me some grief last time she saw it. So...after the morning hunt today, I broom swept all blinds and made sure all heaters were working. They look so nice now. I may hang some ferns and a velvet Elvis.

And while I was at it, I reset the clocks on all the feeders. Probably ran all the deer off, but maybe I can get me a coyote this afternoon.

Edited by 603Country (11/06/16 11:07 AM)

#6528943 - 11/06/16 11:28 AM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
SniperRAB Online   content
GRAMPS!!!

Loc: Nurturing Biosphere Mothership
I use a shop vac and a generator about twice a year...and police my Stand after every sit.
A Blind much like a Truck and your House, Yard, Etc. is a reflection of you. I have gotten into Stands on Hunts and seen Pee Jugs from the prior year and wrappers, cans and spit jugs. It to me is a sign of pure Laziness and self worth and complete disregard for self discipline.

To this day when my Son will come and visit, he will stop at the Local Gas Station prior to arrival and clean out the bed of his Truck because he knows at some point I will walk into the driveway and do a once over. Simply amazes me when someone uses the excuse of I don't have the time..Then manage your time wisely and have an Ounce of Discipline and Self Respect up

#6529006 - 11/06/16 12:27 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
603Country Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Central Texas
Sniper, you may have OCBD - obsessive compulsive blind disorder.

#6529052 - 11/06/16 01:21 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB]
shea.mcphail Online   content
Woodsman

Loc: Mesquite/Canton
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
I use a shop vac and a generator about twice a year...and police my Stand after every sit.
A Blind much like a Truck and your House, Yard, Etc. is a reflection of you. I have gotten into Stands on Hunts and seen Pee Jugs from the prior year and wrappers, cans and spit jugs. It to me is a sign of pure Laziness and self worth and complete disregard for self discipline.

To this day when my Son will come and visit, he will stop at the Local Gas Station prior to arrival and clean out the bed of his Truck because he knows at some point I will walk into the driveway and do a once over. Simply amazes me when someone uses the excuse of I don't have the time..Then manage your time wisely and have an Ounce of Discipline and Self Respect up

I like this. Wish I was better at it myself.

#6529449 - 11/06/16 05:14 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: shea.mcphail]
Simple Searcher Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Helotes, Hext
Originally Posted By: shea.mcphail

I like this. Wish I was better at it myself.

Very good, I do the same.

I am going to slap the next person upside the head that I see sitting on the couch punching away at an iPhone, and then tells me they do not have time for a simple tiding up, it only take minutes.

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark

#6529472 - 11/06/16 05:24 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB]
HuntnFly67 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Such a harda$$. grin

#6531112 - 11/07/16 01:50 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
redchevy Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
My brother used to eat sunflower seeds in the blind... just spit the hulls on the floor that bugged me, but I'm nowhere near as ocd/judgemental as the rab.

#6531157 - 11/07/16 02:10 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: redchevy]
GRAMPS!!!

Originally Posted By: redchevy
My brother used to eat sunflower seeds in the blind... just spit the hulls on the floor that bugged me, but I'm nowhere near as ocd/judgemental as the rab.

Not Judgmental...
If it's yours you can sling a Deuce in the middle of it, I could care less...It's your World I am just passing thru...
He asked and I said that's my opinion...I have a Pad Lock on mine for a reason.

#6531191 - 11/07/16 02:20 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
DPirates80 Offline
Woodsman

lol...I hunted at my buddies lease in Louisiana a few years ago, and I hunted one of his friend's stand...lemme just say, this guy had dip spit bottles and piss bottles by the dozen just sitting all around on the floor in his stand. I crawled in there knocking some of them down to then finding out they were open. The smell of that piss and dip spit all in the carpet just screwed me all morning. That afternoon I told him I have to move spots. lol

#6531802 - 11/07/16 07:14 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
GRAMPS!!!

No Thank You...

I will sit in a Brushed in Blind on a Log.

#6532212 - 11/08/16 05:19 AM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: SniperRAB]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

Not Judgmental...
If it's yours you can sling a Deuce in the middle of it, I could care less...It's your World I am just passing thru...

Why yes I do sling a deuce flush in the middle of it....

#6533058 - 11/08/16 01:07 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: stxranchman]
cowboybam58 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Abilene
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Not Judgmental...

Why yes I do sling a deuce flush in the middle of it....

Hahahahahaha. That's a great idea.

#6535558 - 11/09/16 11:10 AM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
Jkd106 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Fannin and Hall
I admit my blinds are a little messy, not nasty bottles but dirty and need to be cleaned. Admitting first step right?

#6535731 - 11/09/16 12:34 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
Huntmaster Online   content
Pro Tracker

You haven't lived till an owl gets in your blind. Pee and trash would be the least of your worries.

#6535783 - 11/09/16 01:03 PM Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine [Re: 603Country]
Navasot Online   content
Natty Love

Loc: Normangee/Navasota TX
I just opened mine last weekend for the first time this year... eek2 took a bit but its tolerable now.. the amount of pee bottles was sick

http://www.j5tractors.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide