Teal28 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hen House Tx
Very Nice up

#6524988 - 11/03/16 06:54 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
bar-d Offline
Tracker

Loc: Fisher County
Thanks Nathan, picked this up after I met with you Friday. Thanks for the bullets.

#6525857 - 11/03/16 02:35 PM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Frisco, Texas
You will love it. Mine shoots everything good but I did shoot a 100 through it "wet" for break-in. I keep it in a Desantis Nemesis Fly holster. I will take it out every few weeks if I don't shoot it, clear it, wipe off any lint, etc. work the action, maybe add a tiny drop of lube on the feed ramp.

shoots VERY soft

#6525977 - 11/03/16 04:15 PM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: Buzzsaw]
bar-d Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
You will love it. Mine shoots everything good but I did shoot a 100 through it "wet" for break-in. I keep it in a Desantis Nemesis Fly holster. I will take it out every few weeks if I don't shoot it, clear it, wipe off any lint, etc. work the action, maybe add a tiny drop of lube on the feed ramp.

shoots VERY soft

So far, I am tickled pink with it. I took it over to my hay lot and put 50 rds through it, slow and rapid fire, nary a hiccup. Got the two 7 rd extended mags I ordered for it today, even better.

Edited by bar-d (11/03/16 04:16 PM)

#6526614 - 11/04/16 06:56 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: Teal28]
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW
Originally Posted By: Teal28
Very Nice up

#6526642 - 11/04/16 07:21 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
But .380's won't stop people. peep

Cool pistol.

800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6526653 - 11/04/16 07:34 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: FiremanJG]
bar-d Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
But .380's won't stop people. peep

Cool pistol.

Yeah, dangit. That's the only problem. Maybe it is stout enough to protect me from rogue squirrels and the like.

Edited by bar-d (11/04/16 07:35 AM)

#6526663 - 11/04/16 07:44 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: FiremanJG]
glens Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lake LBJ, Granite Shoals
Waiting on mine to come back from Kimber. Glad you got a good one. Guess mine was built too tight. Jammomatic. Back to carrying my Stainless Colt Mark IV Series 80 Mustang Plus 11 .380 Cal as my "Boot Gun" until it gets back. Sure pretty though.

#6526688 - 11/04/16 08:12 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: glens]
bar-d Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: glens
Waiting on mine to come back from Kimber. Glad you got a good one. Guess mine was built too tight. Jammomatic. Back to carrying my Stainless Colt Mark IV Series 80 Mustang Plus 11 .380 Cal as my "Boot Gun" until it gets back. Sure pretty though.

That's a bummer, hope they get it fixed. Kimber has a sterling reputation and if one of their pistols made it through QC without being right someone must have been sleeping on the job. Of all the guns I have allegedly owned over the years, I have had similar problems on a 9mm, a 22 and a 5.56. All of them were basically expensive single shot firearms. It is frustrating as the dickens and the manufacturer sure ought to make things right for you.

#6526703 - 11/04/16 08:24 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
TexasVine Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Lakeway/Fredericksburg
Nice!

#6526707 - 11/04/16 08:25 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
glens Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lake LBJ, Granite Shoals
Originally Posted By: bar-d

That's a bummer, hope they get it fixed. Kimber has a sterling reputation and if one of their pistols made it through QC without being right someone must have been sleeping on the job. Of all the guns I have allegedly owned over the years, I have had similar problems on a 9mm, a 22 and a 5.56. All of them were basically expensive single shot firearms. It is frustrating as the dickens and the manufacturer sure ought to make things right for you.

Yeah first one I've ever owned and a bummer. Heard about some of the early 45's with jam and feed issues but who knows. Have Colts, Glocks and Springfields and other than the 45 Springfield been sent back in recall never had an issue with any. Kimber seemed easy to work with with the return for sure. Bought this at McBrides in Austin and they were helpful also. Beautiful and about the same size as the Mustang. Your's stainless?

#6526741 - 11/04/16 08:41 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
bar-d Offline
Tracker

Slide and barrel are stainless. As you know the frame is aluminum.

#6526769 - 11/04/16 08:58 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: bar-d]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX

I hope you are referring to their customer service and not their products. They had a ton or problems in the mid-late 2000s when they switched to a bunch of cheaper parts in order to squeeze more profit out of their line. Also, google the problems with the Solo. They've put out some stinkers. Why do you think the prices have dropped or not increased on Kimbers in the last decade? They don't have the market share they once did because of these fiascos.

That said, I personally like Kimbers and would like to buy a Solo if the changes they've made are working. My BIL has a Custom Stainless II from ~1999 and it has never malfunctioned and is a heckuva shooter.

#6526806 - 11/04/16 09:26 AM Re: My New Backup Carry [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks]
bar-d Offline
Tracker

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

I hope you are referring to their customer service and not their products. They had a ton or problems in the mid-late 2000s when they switched to a bunch of cheaper parts in order to squeeze more profit out of their line. Also, google the problems with the Solo. They've put out some stinkers. Why do you think the prices have dropped or not increased on Kimbers in the last decade? They don't have the market share they once did because of these fiascos.

That said, I personally like Kimbers and would like to buy a Solo if the changes they've made are working. My BIL has a Custom Stainless II from ~1999 and it has never malfunctioned and is a heckuva shooter.

Perhaps I should have said "in my opinion".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide