Print Thread
Checking manufacturing date on Tikka #6521298 11/01/16 01:51 PM
T
Threelranch Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Does anyone know if there is a way to find it other than calling finland ?

Re: Checking manufacturing date on Tikka [Re: Threelranch] #6521310 11/01/16 01:59 PM
C
Creedmoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Just curious ....... why are you concerned?

There's a fine line between BRAVE ... and STUPID.

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
Re: Checking manufacturing date on Tikka [Re: Threelranch] #6521357 11/01/16 02:23 PM
T
Threelranch Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Just curious not any special reason and the fact I can't find one like this one anywhere that's all

Re: Checking manufacturing date on Tikka [Re: Threelranch] #6521375 11/01/16 02:30 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
What is it about it that makes it hard to find?

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Checking manufacturing date on Tikka [Re: Threelranch] #6521402 11/01/16 02:41 PM
T
Threelranch Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Well all the fluted ones that i have scene are SS and this one isnt , it is not in the currant or past few years line up . It is not anything fancy just one to build of off but i want to make sure it wasn't a one off production before i started the build and if it was i'd leave it alone and get another one . It is just strange that tikka doesn't have it on their site thats all.

Re: Checking manufacturing date on Tikka [Re: Threelranch] #6521496 11/01/16 03:36 PM
C
Creedmoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
You might give Beretta a call since they are the parent company, and give them the serial number.

There's a fine line between BRAVE ... and STUPID.

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
Re: Checking manufacturing date on Tikka [Re: Threelranch] #6521703 11/01/16 05:23 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Look at the US dist's roll mark for a name & location.

Stoeger Industries, the SAKO - Tikka's importer had been at 55 Ruta Ct South Hackensack NJ for 35- 40 years after the Finnish (Nokia)/Spanish (Llama) owned partnership had bought out the Stoeger family owned retail & whsle operation on 5th Ave NY, NY. The Stoeger Ind operation was moved to Wayne NJ to triple it's warehouse's physical size in prep for the T3's & SAKO A7 introductions into the US market and anticipated much higher volume of business. Stoeger was also planning for a much larger volume from the Brazilian made Gaucha labeled O/U's & S/S's and was already out of space in S Hackensack.

Nokia spun off the SAKO - Tikka Corp to Beretta (who SAKO had been selling SAKO receivers to for use in the Beratta rifles for umm 15-20 years or so) when the the breakup of the partnership occured as LLama pulled out of it during an argument over who would choose Stoeger's Management team and the direction of the company. That was a Corporate marriage that was a miracle lasting as long as it did ... I worked for 3 different Mgmt Teams in my 6 years at Stoeger.

FWIW the son of the Stoeger president, that I was hired by in Oct '82, intro'd the Argentinian built Bersa line of pistols at the now defunct Denver Wholesaler's Show I worked for him in Dec 1989....about 6 weeks after I'd left Stoeger. Jr had been my 1st Nat'l Sales Mgr at Stoeger, when Papa enginerred the aquisition of the old Walther tooling during a total plant renovation in Austria, transportation of that machinery and reconstruction & updating of it in a new facility in Argentina. The guns were and still are as I understand it imported under the Eagle Imports License, even though Jr died suddenly of a stroke about 2 years ago in his early 50's.

Tikka T3's were 1st imported by Stoeger into the Wayne NJ location, but! there is a small possiblity that some guns were moved from the Ruta Ct address to Wayne too. The 695 I owned in the late 90's was a Ruta Ct gun but it was an old stock display item - in the big glass case just inside the front door with lots of other better looking than average featured items - I bought on a model closeout sale from Bass Pro in Miami and was shipped to BP Grapevine for the transfer in ummm Sept '98. Same time fram BP closed out JM marked Marlin MR7's too at $300 that I should have bought a pile of.

My 1st T3, a 270 SS/Lite was a Stoeger Wayne NJ gun that I bought from Bunkie Burney's Distr in Waco during a closeout, shipped to Archies Store in Buffalo, who did the transfer. This gun was bought in celebration of getting thru the rehab after 18 months of hard work to regain the use of my right shoulder from a surgery in September'06 as a lightweight alternative to the much heavier 695 270...until I shot it the 1st time with a factory pad.

The 2nd T3 I bought in Fall '08 or Spring of '09 - a 6.5x55SE Hunter Grade that was one of 2 units in the entire GM sytem & the other one was in Michigan - was a Beretta Accokeek MD gun from Gander Mtn in Corsicana, delivered to Archies store in Buffalo TX for the transfer... I used the Swede all during my intro in regaining my shooting skills.

I bought a 3rd one in early Fall 2015 in a 260 HG from Bud's in Kentucky that obviosuly is a Beretta gun when I could not find another Swede.

I was not surprised that Bunkie decided he did not want to fool with trying to do bidnizz with Beretta's constantly changing prices and Dist Program Rules....and he was not the only Dist'r I heard about to drop Tikka during that changeover in the US Distribtion.

Hope you can use these dates to figure about when your gun was built.

Have fun trying to get any back ground info out of the guys in Maryland.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 11/02/16 02:50 AM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide