Print Thread
Am I being paranoid?? #6517238 10/29/16 04:21 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Just went to check a feeder and had a camera turned 180 degrees the wrong way. No big deal. A lot of dry mud on the tree and a little on the camera. I'll chalk the camera up to cows or pigs since it's on a well worn trail and at that heighth.

The real puzzler was my feeder. I had two rocks wedged between the 'spout'/funnel and the spinner plate. They were in there so well the motor wouldn't spin to throw corn. I hunted this spot Tuesday and everything worked well.

Y'all can either feed my paranoia or tell me it's a coincidence. Thoughts?

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6517243 10/29/16 04:28 PM
B
bruton1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Sounds like someone put them there. I'd be hacked off myself!

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6517244 10/29/16 04:29 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I'd check the pictures asap.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6517252 10/29/16 04:37 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Depends on were the corn was grown and then where you corn was bagged at. Lot of corn is stored outside on the ground in the midwest due to limited storage so you get a lot of things in the corn. Then if the corn was not cleaned well or just bagged without cleaning you can get anything and everything in the bag. I have found rocks in corn, bolts, parts of conveyor belts, soda cans, foil taco wrappers, wire, cockle-burrs, corn stalks, pieces of corn cobs, sticks, etc. My WAG is that they both worked down into the spinner plate and one clogged the plate. Then a coon tried to get more corn and lodge both of them in place.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6517286 10/29/16 05:07 PM
S
sbushee Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
I think it's too much of a coincidence for both things to happen at the same time. Maybe one of your buddies playing a joke or a neighbor who doesn't want you shooting a deer. JMO

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6517346 10/29/16 06:17 PM
J
JB1316 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Where are you hunting? I've got a place in Sabine County. 2 of our 4 cameras had 0 pics sitting on feeders after 2 months. Well, each had the typical excited "selfie" of myself when going to check the camera. There's just no way that happens at this property. There'd at least be birds, hogs, raccoon, etc. on camera over 2 months. Heck, likely over 3 days. No corn on the ground though under either feeder. Im pretty sure it's a local guy checking cameras and deleting pics.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6517359 10/29/16 06:31 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I think you've been Punked

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: Western] #6517428 10/29/16 07:34 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: Western
I think you've been Punked

I'll be the first to admit I'm well overdue; especially as hard as I play around. Thing is this is one of our 'community' setups so I'm not looking at our group.

I'm gonna hide some cameras just in case somebody is up to shenanigans.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: sbushee] #6518029 10/30/16 10:47 AM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: bruton1
Sounds like someone put them there. I'd be hacked off myself!
Originally Posted By: sbushee
I think it's too much of a coincidence for both things to happen at the same time. Maybe one of your buddies playing a joke or a neighbor who doesn't want you shooting a deer. JMO

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: stxranchman] #6518030 10/30/16 10:58 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: we
Depends on were the corn was grown and then where you corn was bagged at. Lot of corn is stored outside on the ground in the midwest due to limited storage so you get a lot of things in the corn. Then if the corn was not cleaned well or just bagged without cleaning you can get anything and everything in the bag. I have found rocks in corn, bolts, parts of conveyor belts, soda cans, foil taco wrappers, wire, cockle-burrs, corn stalks, pieces of corn cobs, sticks, etc. My WAG is that they both worked down into the spinner plate and one clogged the plate. Then a coon tried to get more corn and lodge both of them in place.

My thoughts as well, especially if there are not rocks in the immediate area that are similar to the ones you found.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6518271 10/30/16 04:00 PM
T
TexOddball Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I think the camera can be dismissed as an animal messing with it.

The rocks in the feeder is trickier. If it's deliberate sabotage, it's by someone not very knowledgable about hunting. If I wanted to prank a buddy's feeder, I'd just disconnect the battery. If it wasn't a buddy and I was feeling mean, I'd steal the battery. Or the whole slinger box, most are just held on by wing nuts. This is just thinking logically, I don't condone either of those actions.

It could very well just be a hard luck coincidence, every deck of cards has four twos, and they rarely show up together.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6519444 10/31/16 01:57 PM
BigBucky2014 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I'd get another camera and set it up in a discreet location pointed at your feeder. No one would think there would be 2 cameras. Might catch someone in the act.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6519579 10/31/16 03:06 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Yall are paranoid.

Muddy camera= hogs

Rocks wedged in spinner plate= dirty/cheap corn picked up with a loader off the ground as said above

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: MoBettaHuntR] #6519593 10/31/16 03:11 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR
Yall are paranoid.

Muddy camera= hogs

Rocks wedged in spinner plate= dirty/cheap corn picked up with a loader off the ground as said above

Yep.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: TexOddball] #6519645 10/31/16 03:33 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The camera was definitely animal related after looking at it closer. I can't decide which way to go with the feeder though.

The rocks between the funnel and spinner plate appeared to be from the area and one of them had put enough friction on the spinner plate to have marks from the plate rubbing it. Either way, I was on high alert the rest of the weekend.

On Sunday, we filled the rest of our feeders (all 12 of them). At one feeder there was a battery on top of the lid and the varmint cage was open; I knew it HAD to be human influence and was convinced it wasn't one of us. My mind started racing - so I took a marker and left a 'sternly worded' message and challenge with my phone number on the barrel for the dirtbag trespasser/poacher that enjoys jacking up feeders (like they would bother calling and take me up on my threat - made me feel a little better though).

Got back to camp and looked through the game cam pics. Sure enough my hunting buddy left a dead battery on top of the feeder when he replaced it on the bow opener. Then he didn't secure the varmint cage last weekend. Oops; sorry, buddy!! Hope you can laugh about my vulgar graffiti on your feeder barrel. At least if you lose my phone number, you know where you can find it. eek

Originally Posted By: TexOddball

It could very well just be a hard luck coincidence, every deck of cards has four twos, and they rarely show up together.

I am working hard to back away from the ledge and concede I hit quad deuces sometime between Wednesday and Saturday morning.

Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6519814 10/31/16 04:50 PM
J
Jon B Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
The camera was definitely animal related after looking at it closer. I can't decide which way to go with the feeder though.

The rocks between the funnel and spinner plate appeared to be from the area and one of them had put enough friction on the spinner plate to have marks from the plate rubbing it. Either way, I was on high alert the rest of the weekend.

On Sunday, we filled the rest of our feeders (all 12 of them). At one feeder there was a battery on top of the lid and the varmint cage was open; I knew it HAD to be human influence and was convinced it wasn't one of us. My mind started racing - so I took a marker and left a 'sternly worded' message and challenge with my phone number on the barrel for the dirtbag trespasser/poacher that enjoys jacking up feeders (like they would bother calling and take me up on my threat - made me feel a little better though).

Got back to camp and looked through the game cam pics. Sure enough my hunting buddy left a dead battery on top of the feeder when he replaced it on the bow opener. Then he didn't secure the varmint cage last weekend. Oops; sorry, buddy!! Hope you can laugh about my vulgar graffiti on your feeder barrel. At least if you lose my phone number, you know where you can find it. eek

I am working hard to back away from the ledge and concede I hit quad deuces sometime between Wednesday and Saturday morning.

This sounds like something I would do. LOL.

I wish stupidity was not so handsomly rewarded.
Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6519820 10/31/16 04:56 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67

That's hilarious. Glad you're probably not dealing with trespassers.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Am I being paranoid?? [Re: HuntnFly67] #6520700 11/01/16 01:04 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Never knew corn was such a mystery. All kinds of trash in a bag. Hmm. Crazy stuff. A silo would produce some crazy stuff along with a combine I guess. May be one of them flying coons. Saw one on that show rediculousness. One flew off a truck like superman and punked out a hunter. Funny stuff. roflmao

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide