Forums46
Topics538,023
Posts9,732,032
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6524743 11/03/16 03:09 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: therancher
Yeah, it really doesn't matter what you call BS on, you don't get to invent facts. They average over 10' of snow in town. Higher outside of town. And yet their elk don't migrate. They move the snow and feed them hay. Amazing how they do that.

http://www.farmzone.com/statistics/CL1181508/nb022

Aw they snow plow fields, they makes perfect since to do on a mountain.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6524781 11/03/16 03:27 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Yeah, it really doesn't matter what you call BS on, you don't get to invent facts. They average over 10' of snow in town. Higher outside of town. And yet their elk don't migrate. They move the snow and feed them hay. Amazing how they do that.

There's a valley near every mountain. Amazing how that happens.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6524793 11/03/16 03:43 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

There's a valley near every mountain. Amazing how that happens.

So now we need to plow every valley that make perfect sense

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6524811 11/03/16 03:56 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Sheesh...so what I have learned is that if you plow the mountain, feed an enormous amount of hay and HF a place...the Elk won't need to migrate

I have also learned that every land owner is a great steward of the land and resources, only cares about wildlife, only makes their money on wildlife and will give away free hunts.

I have learned that because a small isolated herd in the low lands doesn't migrate the same as an animal with the same genetic make up that lives in the mountains, that animals should never migrate and if the land was private the owner would make that happen.

I have learned that public land should all go to private owners and that if that is the case, the cost of hunting will go down. Everyone that has ever wanted to hunt will have that chance because it will increase the land that is available and many of these hunts will be free.

What did I miss?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6524824 11/03/16 04:03 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
And here I was trying to get along.....

No you weren't. Unless we all change to liberals.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: txshntr] #6524830 11/03/16 04:10 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Sheesh...so what I have learned is that if you plow the mountain, feed an enormous amount of hay and HF a place...the Elk won't need to migrate

I have also learned that every land owner is a great steward of the land and resources, only cares about wildlife, only makes their money on wildlife and will give away free hunts.

I have learned that because a small isolated herd in the low lands doesn't migrate the same as an animal with the same genetic make up that lives in the mountains, that animals should never migrate and if the land was private the owner would make that happen.

I have learned that public land should all go to private owners and that if that is the case, the cost of hunting will go down. Everyone that has ever wanted to hunt will have that chance because it will increase the land that is available and many of these hunts will be free.

What did I miss?

You also learned that the safest place to protect hunting is in private hands. And that the fed has no business owning 1/3 of the land mass.

Glad I could be of assistance.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: txshntr] #6524836 11/03/16 04:14 AM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T

What did I miss?

You also learned Bobo and my dad and np are hard headed.....but mainly my dad

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #6524845 11/03/16 04:24 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas

What did I miss?

You also learned Bobo and my dad and np are hard headed.....but mainly my dad

I learned that many moons ago about all of them, especially your dad...about the time your dad told me that it is acceptable for someone to make an underhanded deal based on information they researched on the internet rofl

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6524852 11/03/16 04:26 AM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H

Not going to enter into the public/private debate but the link you provided for climate data on Hudson's Hope indicates they receive 169cm of snow in an average winter. This is just over 5 feet 6 inches, not 10 feet. More importantly if you move over from the summary tab to the precipitation tab there is a table that shows the average daily depth of snow on the ground. This accounts for thaws, compaction and sublimation. It shows that in an average winter the depth of snow on the ground peaks in February and is on average 19cm deep or just shy of 8 inches. There is also another row in the table that shows the extreme (record) daily depth of snow on the ground. This indicates a maximum single day depth of 67cm or just over 2 feet and occurred in February 1994.

Last edited by Hirogen; 11/03/16 04:34 AM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Hirogen] #6524866 11/03/16 04:38 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Hirogen

Not going to enter into the public/private debate but the link you provided for climate data on Hudson's Hope indicates they receive 169cm of snow in an average winter. This is just over 5 feet 6 inches, not 10 feet. More importantly if you move over from the summary tab to the precipitation tab there is a table that shows the average daily depth of snow on the ground. This accounts for thaws, compaction and sublimation. It shows that in an average winter the depth of snow on the ground peaks in February and is on average 19cm deep or just shy of 8 inches. There is also another row in the table that shows the extreme (record) daily depth of snow on the ground. This indicates a maximum single day depth of 67cm or just over 2 feet and occurred in February 1994.

rofl That's funny...

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Hirogen] #6524870 11/03/16 04:42 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Yep. I just know the outfitter told me they get snow of about 8' where we hunted. We hunted bear in may and there was still snow in drifts about 3' deep and it snowed 18" the week before I got there. I read the chart wrong. Doesn't change anything about the fact that they move the snow to feed the elk and that the temps are brutally low.

And the elk don't go anywhere.

Last edited by therancher; 11/03/16 04:47 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6524889 11/03/16 04:52 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

Yep. I just know the outfitter told me they get snow of about 8' where we hunted. We hunted bear in may and there was still snow in drifts about 3' deep and it snowed 18" the week before I got there. I read the chart wrong. Doesn't change anything about the fact that they move the snow to feed the elk and that the temps are brutally low.

Ok but..you don't get to invent the facts though rofl

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: txshntr] #6524892 11/03/16 04:53 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Ok but..you don't get to invent the facts though rofl

I almost did!!!

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6524897 11/03/16 04:59 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Say it with confidence and someone will believe you

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: txshntr] #6524910 11/03/16 05:25 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

It was an "honest" lie... I believed I read the chart right.

Hell I believed me!

Last edited by therancher; 11/03/16 05:27 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6524911 11/03/16 05:27 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

It was an "honest" lie... I believed I read the chart right.

Hell I believed me!

rofl That's why you were so confident

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6525032 11/03/16 12:28 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I plead guilty to being hard-headed. I was also amazed at the time spent discussing the feasibility of converting every wild elk and mule deer out west into feed-dependent livestock. Might as well have been discussing the best way to trap a Bigfoot.

smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6525053 11/03/16 12:53 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I plead guilty to being hard-headed. I was also amazed at the time spent discussing the feasibility of converting every wild elk and mule deer out west into feed-dependent livestock. Might as well have been discussing the best way to trap a Bigfoot.

smile

I've already admitted to being arrogant. I think hardheaded is assumed with that.

As for the time spent discussing... I'm pretty certain if (in the '30's when there were virtually no deer in most of texas) you discussed the potential for huntable deer populations in virtually every county with the largest populations ever and the guaranteed protection of those deer as a commodity, there would be more naysayers than believers.

And then the can do folks just went and did what couldn't be done. Hard headed arrogant schmucks.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6525055 11/03/16 12:54 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
"I'm gonna donate your land to Peta if you leave it in the will."

Yep...The "Feathers" in NM have corrupted him... rofl

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: therancher] #6525075 11/03/16 01:06 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

smile

I've already admitted to being arrogant. I think hardheaded is assumed with that.

As for the time spent discussing... I'm pretty certain if (in the '30's when there were virtually no deer in most of texas) you discussed the potential for huntable deer populations in virtually every county with the largest populations ever and the guaranteed protection of those deer as a commodity, there would be more naysayers than believers.

And then the can do folks just went and did what couldn't be done. Hard headed arrogant schmucks.

Feed buckets didn't bring the Texas deer herds back. Closed hunting seasons, bag limits, transplanting, and screwworm elimination did. In other words, management from the state - oftentimes over the howls and protests of guys like you (whose livestock of choice was just cows, not deer).

Only after they came back did many guys clue in to the fact of how to monetize the resource provided, and then start taking (unfounded) credit for what was done years earlier when money wasn't the goal.

Just like you are doing now.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6525093 11/03/16 01:13 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Texas Tatonkas, I'll give you $20 if you wait until your dad is asleep, then cut off his beard and post the video of his reaction grin $40 if he also has a queue and you cut that too up

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6525098 11/03/16 01:15 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Western] #6525102 11/03/16 01:16 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Western
Texas Tatonkas, I'll give you $20 if you wait until your dad is asleep, then cut off his beard and post the video of his reaction grin $40 if he also has a queue and you cut that too up

I'll say this - their relationship shows they are both pretty good guys. up

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6525153 11/03/16 01:33 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Western

I'll say this - their relationship shows they are both pretty good guys. up

He is his son, yet "migrated" to NM, and shaves his head!!grin Rusty may have went light on the feed! J/K though, don't want to ruin my chance for one of them free hunts up

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Texas Billionaires Taking Idaho Private [Re: ndhunter] #6525238 11/03/16 02:24 PM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Proven fact you can't feed mule deer like elk, a mule deer will starve to death with a belly full of hay. They are browsers not grazers.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide