Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Does this seem like good CS? #6505137 10/21/16 01:12 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
I don't know maybe I'm baised because I'm the one it happened to but to me it sounds like since they messed up they can just hide behind their "terms & conditions" instead of making it right. I personally love keymod rails so the rail that came on it was fine and I'm not going through the hassle of sending it back, but was actually kind of excited about the QRP rail because I've never tried one out before. Might have not even liked it but that's not the point. Just seemed kind of like crappy customer service to me. Maybe I'm just nit picking.

PSA:
Quote:
What seems to be the issue? What's your order number? Have you sent an email to info@palmettostatearmory.com with pictures describing your upper?

Me:
Quote:
I have not sent an email to them yet. Just got the order in last night and figured I'd get a quicker response from ARFCOM.

Order Number:32102263859

Screen grab of my order below.

Right after my order went through the deal disappeared so I figured it was out of stock, but when I search the page or try going to the page from my browser history just to see the upper the entire page is missing. Which was kind of odd, but didn't think too much about it. I've been trying to do research on the rail that came on the upper I believe its the QRP rail is what its called. With the quad rail up front then milled down to keymod rail and quad rail in back also. Pretty stoked I found this deal again because I had been waiting around 2 weeks for it to pop up from last time I missed it. Since the page had been removed from the PSA website I was starting to get a little nervous that I wasn't going to receive the correct item and took a screen grab from slickguns.com of the exact deal I had just bought. Both SKU's match and the pictures that were on the PSA site are the same that were on the slickguns.com site. However what i received was a 15" strait keymod rail instead of the QRP rail which isn't what I ordered or atleast it wasn't represented correctly in the pics on the PSA site.

Here is the screen grab from slickguns.com

PSA:
Quote:
As it states in our Terms and Conditions:

Photos are provided for general identification purposes only and may show optional or additional pieces for illustration purposes

This is the correct rail for this upper. If you'd prefer to return the upper for a refund of your purchase price, we will issue a prepaid return label to have the upper returned.

Please contact me with your decision.

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505155 10/21/16 01:23 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I can see their point about screenshot from Slickguns. If the screenshot would have been directly from their site then I feel like they should honor it. If they're gonna take the time to post a picture of the item, post the correct picture.

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505174 10/21/16 01:34 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
I would have taken a screen shot from their site. But they completely removed the page for this upper. Which is why I started to get scared in the first place and took a screen from slick guns

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505196 10/21/16 01:53 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I'd just send it back if it's not what you want. Sucks, but what can you do.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #6505225 10/21/16 02:08 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

I thought about it after his reply, but I like keymod rails I run them on all my other AR platforms so I know I'll like it. Was just kind of a let down because I was expecting to open the box and get to try out the QRP rail and instead got a full length KeyMod rail instead.

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505231 10/21/16 02:12 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I have never bought anything from them but I hear this order, messed up order, and slow delivery way to much from them. Enough I won't buy from them

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505277 10/21/16 02:47 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I'd return it just because of the fact that there are sideways dongs up and down your handguard eek

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: Brother in-law] #6505279 10/21/16 02:48 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
I have never bought anything from them but I hear this order, messed up order, and slow delivery way to much from them. Enough I won't buy from them

This is the second time I've ordered from them. The first time it took them over a month to ship my lower to my FFL and continued to say they never received my FFL when I had proof from an email with one of their guys that in fact they did receive it. I vowed to never use them again, but with the election coming up I wanted to buy another AR15 on the cheap before the price gouging starts. I can tell you if my order is any indication they have definitely fixed their shipping problem. Got this upper in 4 business days. Also ordered a lower from them and it shipped in 1 day and on its way to my FFL.

This little picture debacle sucks but isn't a huge issue I still got a really nice upper for a good price. Never doubt PSA quality, but their CS sometimes leave a bit to be desired.

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: jeepercreeper] #6505281 10/21/16 02:49 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
I'd return it just because of the fact that there are sideways dongs up and down your handguard eek

rofl Oh Lawd!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: jeepercreeper] #6505292 10/21/16 02:52 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
I can see their point about screenshot from Slickguns. If the screenshot would have been directly from their site then I feel like they should honor it. If they're gonna take the time to post a picture of the item, post the correct picture.

By the way just to clarify Slickguns.com is to gun sites as realtor.com is to the MLS. The pictures and details you put in MLS is pulled in by realtor.com. Slickguns.com does the same so the screen grab I got on Slickguns.com is a cached page from the PSA site. Same pictures, description, and SKU.

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505455 10/21/16 04:53 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

I thought about it after his reply, but I like keymod rails I run them on all my other AR platforms so I know I'll like it. Was just kind of a let down because I was expecting to open the box and get to try out the QRP rail and instead got a full length KeyMod rail instead.

I tried to find both the Slickgun's and the PSA listings and could not. The pic you posted cut off the description-did it include the description of the rail? If the description listed just a key-mod rail, then I feel you got what you ordered, pic not withstanding. If the description said otherwise I would feel more disappointed.

But you did get a good deal on a good item. Hope it shoots well for you!

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6505497 10/21/16 05:15 PM
KRoyal Offline OP
Texoma Legend
OP Offline
Texoma Legend
The description just said 15" freedom rail no real description of the rail on PSA site

[Linked Image]

Re: Does this seem like good CS? [Re: KRoyal] #6506197 10/22/16 05:05 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
If the SKU on the PSA website was correct for the item you ordered and they sent you an item with a different SKU then PSA is wrong and you are a victim of a form of Bait and Switch. If you are satisfied then no harm no foul.

I can understand and live with slow shipping times but I can't live with receiving the wrong product and the supplier not owning up to it.

From reading this site and others, my impression is Optics Planet and PSA customers have a large number of issues.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide