Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Swarovski observation devices. #6499539 10/17/16 09:32 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Swarovski loaned a pickup bed full of Binoculars, and spotting scopes to the Lone Survivor Benefit Match near College Station this weekend.

Dear gawd that glass is phenomenal! Binocs and/ or spotters on tripods at every stage for range officers to score hits with, and competitors to use for finding targets before shooting the stage. I just can't put into words the excellence of the image clarity! On one particular stage many of us that shot, or were waiting to shoot, got mesmerized by watching trace through the spotting scope that has the illuminated reticle (though we left it turned off). We literally watched every bullet through its entire flight path from 30' in front of the muzzle to 400 yards out. We got hypnotized by it.

One guy in our squad had brand new 12X Swaro binos with the range finder built in. Well, Swaro accomplished their mission. When I can save up enough I'm going to have to have some of those binoculars. They do the job of binoculars for scanning, they do the job of a range finder, and the glass is so good, that at 12X shot can be spotted extremely far away, doing somewhat of he job of a spotting scope, in a smaller more transportable package.

Excellent optics, as their reputation commands!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6499553 10/17/16 09:37 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
definitely worth the $$$

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6500042 10/18/16 02:36 AM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
What did you think of the STR? You need to order one of those.

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: Skylar Mac] #6500054 10/18/16 02:41 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
It was fantastic! The red illuminated reticle worked just fine viewing onto a sunny rifle range. The glass was the clearest I've ever seen, as was the case with every optic they had out there. The field of view was very large, of course.

I'd love to get one, but 70 acres means there's plenty of places to put that much money.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6500321 10/18/16 12:54 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Top of the line no doubt and a lifetime investment not expense.

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6500378 10/18/16 01:23 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
I agree, hands down, they are the best. They do well to spoil you really quick.

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6500419 10/18/16 01:41 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
It's hard not to like the best.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: syncerus] #6501563 10/19/16 01:07 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: syncerus

Oh don't ask him his opinion on their BDC turret system..

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6501566 10/19/16 01:09 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Swarovski loaned a pickup bed full of Binoculars, and spotting scopes to the Lone Survivor Benefit Match near College Station this weekend.

Dear gawd that glass is phenomenal! Binocs and/ or spotters on tripods at every stage for range officers to score hits with, and competitors to use for finding targets before shooting the stage. I just can't put into words the excellence of the image clarity! On one particular stage many of us that shot, or were waiting to shoot, got mesmerized by watching trace through the spotting scope that has the illuminated reticle (though we left it turned off). We literally watched every bullet through its entire flight path from 30' in front of the muzzle to 400 yards out. We got hypnotized by it.

One guy in our squad had brand new 12X Swaro binos with the range finder built in. Well, Swaro accomplished their mission. When I can save up enough I'm going to have to have some of those binoculars. They do the job of binoculars for scanning, they do the job of a range finder, and the glass is so good, that at 12X shot can be spotted extremely far away, doing somewhat of he job of a spotting scope, in a smaller more transportable package.

Excellent optics, as their reputation commands!

Wait did you say they are coming out with a 12x el range bino? Why I held of on both the el range and Leica HB

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6501604 10/19/16 01:30 AM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I have a pair of Swarovski binos I got a heck of a deal on from Doug at Camera land NY. It quality of the glass is unbelievable comprared to my Nikons and Leopolds. I was recently on a pronghorn hunt and my buddies could not believe the quality of the glass compared to there binos. All of my buddies were going to save up for a pair.

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6501633 10/19/16 01:44 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Actually had a conversation with a Swaro rep about that. He was talking it up. Long story short, he had no more replies to give me, and gave up. Tail tucked was showing. I was nice, but said what I thought.

He did inform me they're working on a Mil scope to be introduced early next year. They had better, or they will continue to NOT be in the game some of us play.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6501798 10/19/16 03:18 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Actually had a conversation with a Swaro rep about that. He was talking it up. Long story short, he had no more replies to give me, and gave up. Tail tucked was showing. I was nice, but said what I thought.

He did inform me they're working on a Mil scope to be introduced early next year. They had better, or they will continue to NOT be in the game some of us play.

I think they will get there, just hasn't been a market segment focus for them. Obviously times and equipment are changing so they will have to adjust to the market. Hard to straight up beat swaro optically. Just makes me wonder if FF, zero stop, mil and different turret system..etc just pulls them in to such a none competitive price point. Only time will tell.

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6501809 10/19/16 03:27 AM
P
P & Y Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
I ran the Z5 with ballistic turret for a while without issues. At the time I wasn't really working it to death either. When I really started dialing a lot I moved to NF and haven't looked back.

I just got some of the 10x EL ranges and carried them out west on a aoudad hunt. I was very impressed with the glass and rangefinder. With the binoculars in a tripod I don't know why you would ever need a spotting scope.

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6501977 10/19/16 11:46 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

I think they will get there, just hasn't been a market segment focus for them. Obviously times and equipment are changing so they will have to adjust to the market. Hard to straight up beat swaro optically. Just makes me wonder if FF, zero stop, mil and different turret system..etc just pulls them in to such a none competitive price point. Only time will tell.

They had better make the turrets track reliably. That is literally 40% of the importance to everyone. They already have the other major factor covered, and that is glass quality. After that make a couple of Mil based reticles, they'll be in business.

Only speaking for myself, if they come in more expensive than Night Force, I'll never buy one. Is NF glass as clear as Swaro? No. Does NF build good glass, good reticle, and reliable turrets? Absolutely, and they have the reputation for toughness that they most certainly have earned.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: P & Y] #6501979 10/19/16 11:48 AM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: P & Y

I just got some of the 10x EL ranges and carried them out west on a aoudad hunt. I was very impressed with the glass and rangefinder. With the binoculars in a tripod I don't know why you would ever need a spotting scope.

I know what you mean. But don't go look through a Swaro spotter though. Things over a mile away become right in front of you. Its crazy!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: J.G.] #6502007 10/19/16 12:09 PM
A
Ackley_improved Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
I RO'd that stage, and bought 15x SLC HD's specifically to help out at the match. There is nothing finer on the market. I could see trace all day long, and the 1100 yard target was a breeze to spot. Trace for days. The spotting scope is great, no doubt, but the 15x binos steal the show for spotting.

Good investment!

Re: Swarovski observation devices. [Re: Ackley_improved] #6502127 10/19/16 01:21 PM
J.G. Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Well thank you for RO-ing!

Those binocs are superb. The only issue I could see with them is trying to stand up, and hold them still with no support, from a hunting standpoint of course. But I'm of the opinion those 15X binocs with a range finder would be the only other glass you need aside from your rifle scope, they would literally do it all. You may have to lean them up against a tree, take a knee, deploy a tripod, or use your pack, but they can almost see into tomorrow.

I don't know how an optics company could ever improve on the image they provide, it's insane!

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide