Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6502922 10/19/16 10:22 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
No, but I'll never forget the time when I shot a doe and a young fawn appeared immediately after. It was so young it remained nearby when I drug the doe over to my ATV to load her, and was still in the area the next day. I was hunting a fire lane in a heavily wooded area and the fawn didn't appear in the road until after I had dropped the doe.

I have not killed a doe with a fawn since, even one that may have just lost its spots.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6502945 10/19/16 10:36 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
After I kill, harvest, catch, down, shoot, whatever a deer, I don't cry. I thank God for blessing me with the great outdoors and the opportunities associated with them and for my dad for getting me into it. No point in crying.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6503016 10/19/16 11:16 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6503571 10/20/16 10:52 AM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I only cry when I DON'T harvest one... lol

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6503768 10/20/16 01:42 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Yeah, it makes me sick to. It's like they're attempting to appeal to a group of people who don't hunt anyways. Another thing I am tired of on hunting show is all the backstory's of "sacrifice" made by the family, the hunter, etc... Don't care, we all make sacrifices and I would NEVER sacrifice responsibilities with family, work, etc.. .for hunting no matter how much I loved it AND if it your job, making hunting shows, your not sacrificing, you're working! Finally, I love God, I am a Christian, though probably not what God would consider a good Christian, but enough with the prayers and thanks for the harvest. Trust me, God has better things to do than making sure you get a chance at killing a Boone & Crockett. My two cents for what it's worth.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6503947 10/20/16 03:47 PM
B
Baldpate Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I make no apologies, concealments or socially correct rationalizations and why I hunt and why I kill deer. I hunt them, not to harvest them. I draw life’s breath from pursuing game, not suffocate from it. I celebrate a bone chilling. frigid morning not despise it. I find comfort in the solitude of the hunt, not fear it. I bear witness to the end of an animal's existence during the hunt, not avoid the reality that mortality is inevitably part of the hunt. In the end, I am a predator. I hunt, I kill and I eat. As a Hunter, I embrace the kill, I don't make excuses for it.”

Peter Fiduccia 1984

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: Texas Dan] #6503963 10/20/16 03:52 PM
T
TooLow Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
No, but I'll never forget the time when I shot a doe and a young fawn appeared immediately after. It was so young it remained nearby when I drug the doe over to my ATV to load her, and was still in the area the next day. I was hunting a fire lane in a heavily wooded area and the fawn didn't appear in the road until after I had dropped the doe.

I have not killed a doe with a fawn since, even one that may have just lost its spots.

This same thing happened to me but it stayed in the field for the next two days. That last day I felt terrible knowing what was most likely going to happened to that fawn.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6503974 10/20/16 03:59 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I cry when I miss one.......LOL

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6504060 10/20/16 05:08 PM
C
chicklitter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I teared up after I shot my first deer and first walked up to it. Haven't cried at one since then. But I cry at just about anything, so I'm not sure I'm a good reference point for that. wink

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6504267 10/20/16 07:47 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I've never cried or acted a fool after shooting anything. With that said, my heart beats out of my chest and I get sweaty even on a cold morning when I see deer, pigs or turkeys. I may get flamed for the following comment, but here it goes.

I struggle when these hunting show guys start praying and thanking God for the deer they just shot. I'm a Christian and believe in prayer, but not sure God is overly concerned about whether I kill a deer or not. I pray for safety when hunting, traveling to/from the lease, and I recognize God's amazing creations. I'll also give thanks for the abundance God has blessed me with which allows me to hunt. That said, I've never prayed for the opportunity to shoot a deer, or prayed thanking God for the kill is just made. Maybe it's just me, but I cringe just a little when guys pray for God to give them a deer to kill.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6504303 10/20/16 08:03 PM
L
lk05077 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
9 year old daughter shed a few tears after her first deer last week. Asked why she was sad. She said I am not just so happy I got the deer now let's go get it so I can cut it up.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: bigjoe8565] #6504333 10/20/16 08:19 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
I've never cried or acted a fool after shooting anything. With that said, my heart beats out of my chest and I get sweaty even on a cold morning when I see deer, pigs or turkeys. I may get flamed for the following comment, but here it goes.

I struggle when these hunting show guys start praying and thanking God for the deer they just shot. I'm a Christian and believe in prayer, but not sure God is overly concerned about whether I kill a deer or not. I pray for safety when hunting, traveling to/from the lease, and I recognize God's amazing creations. I'll also give thanks for the abundance God has blessed me with which allows me to hunt. That said, I've never prayed for the opportunity to shoot a deer, or prayed thanking God for the kill is just made. Maybe it's just me, but I cringe just a little when guys pray for God to give them a deer to kill.

It says in the bible you do not have because you do not ask....so that tells me if we want something we should ask for it

I've thanked God on several occasions for animals I just killed

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: txtrophy85] #6504391 10/20/16 08:49 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

It says in the bible you do not have because you do not ask....so that tells me if we want something we should ask for it

Great point.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: bigjoe8565] #6504463 10/20/16 09:39 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

That's pretty much me. I am grateful for blessings, but my prayers are not for normal things resulting from human endeavors. I don't pray for big deer, money, courtroom wins, etc. I do pray for His peace, comfort, and wisdom. And I pray for health, healing, and protection.

There have been exceptions during specific crisis times when I pray for certain outcomes. Maybe that's selfish but I think He understands. Everyone is led differently at different times regarding these things. I don't judge others' prayers. That's between them and God.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6504490 10/20/16 09:55 PM
D
DMW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I don't cry when I KILL a deer. I don't "harvest" anything............I am not a farmer. Farmers harvest;Hunters KILL (sometimes!)

Dennis
Benefactor Life Member NRA
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6504535 10/20/16 10:23 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
maybe it sounds better to HARVEST democrats

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6504582 10/20/16 11:08 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
When a forum member sent me pics of a deer he'd killed last year it almost made me tear up...it was proof that as jacked up as the world is, miracles still happen.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: Baldpate] #6504824 10/21/16 02:04 AM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: Baldpate
I make no apologies, concealments or socially correct rationalizations and why I hunt and why I kill deer. I hunt them, not to harvest them. I draw life’s breath from pursuing game, not suffocate from it. I celebrate a bone chilling. frigid morning not despise it. I find comfort in the solitude of the hunt, not fear it. I bear witness to the end of an animal's existence during the hunt, not avoid the reality that mortality is inevitably part of the hunt. In the end, I am a predator. I hunt, I kill and I eat. As a Hunter, I embrace the kill, I don't make excuses for it.”

Peter Fiduccia 1984

I like that quote! Is that from a book? I'd like to read it.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6505095 10/21/16 12:35 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I shake a lot and get a rush after I have shot a deer. Then when I find it, pride sets in and I feel like I have accomplished something great. lol

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6505107 10/21/16 12:44 PM
B
Bigfoot Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
I shot my first deer last year. I made a fist pump and smiled. There is no crying in baseball!!!!

GO TRUMP!
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6505117 10/21/16 12:48 PM
T
Teal28 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I believe hunting show ediqite requires crying and using the term Harvest while thanking your sponsors at the same time. Loud mouth breathing might be part of it too.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: bigjoe8565] #6505186 10/21/16 01:45 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

Great point.

Showing faith has a time and place. Sometimes it is good to show others faith sometimes it is just that a show.

I pray for many of the same things. I also thank God for the animals life when it expires. I also pray for a clean kill every time. With so many variables and the suffering that is possible. Everything is in his hands in life no matter how small or inconsequential it may seem to us. Every moment has a purpose. Hard work and prayer makes a difference. No matter how small the task or relevance/correlation to something greater that is easily seen.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6505683 10/21/16 07:58 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
I shot a hog a while back I was pretty pumped. When I got back to the truck I looked down and a huge cactus thorn was stuck in my shin and I didn't even feel it. When I yanked it out it started burning like crazy I almost shed a tear. Then i remember pain is weakness leaving the body and I went to look for more pigs to slaughter.

Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: Mickey Moose] #6505690 10/21/16 08:02 PM
N
NMGW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
I kill, I do not cry. Of the few other hunters I know, they also kill and do not cry.

I only cry when I do not kill rifle grill

New Mexico: Not Really New, Not Really Mexico
Re: Cry when you harvest a deer? [Re: S.A. hunter] #6506408 10/22/16 02:50 PM
T
TexasUplander Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
T
I cry when i DONT shoot a deer.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread