U
Utahhoss Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
U
Hi,
Crappy way to introduce myself.
Im from Utah, where for every species the state issues one Sportsmans tag, (drawn), and one governors tag(sold at auction). These tags allow for super long season, an nearly state wide access. A lady from texas bought the Mtn Sheep gov tag. That tag has a closed area, the Nebo Unit. That unit rotates bi yearly with the sportsmans tag. The nebo was closed to the gov tag this year and open to sportsmans tag. Ms.Waldrip(gov tag holder) hired a guide, WLH. Long story short, they killed a possible state record, on a closed unit, POACHING. Because of the high dollar nature, and a well connected guide, and udwr being corrupt, she and the guide might walk. I read in a utah forum that no one in Texas will even know. So, thats why I dropped in today. The boys in Utah are pretty pissed as you can imagine. So, i wanted to let you guys know that when news spreads, or the mount starts traveling around, it was taken illegally. Proof of my story is actually found on Utah Division of Wildlife website, they published a letter acknowledging the incident.

Thanks for your time!!

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500376 10/18/16 01:23 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
link to story?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500403 10/18/16 01:34 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
How is a tag for a closed area up for sale? If it was closed, then why did she have a tag?
A link to your story would be helpful .

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500414 10/18/16 01:40 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
This is the type of story that needs links to official statements from public sources. Otherwise it devolves into a "he says, she says" deal.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500443 10/18/16 01:52 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
There are plenty of Texans that do stuff that I don't care for, but I am just too busy to be shamed by all of them. Besides, all Texans would be working overtime on the reporting side if we reported every time some out of stater violated our hunting laws. Do you want to meet halfway and have a throw down or what? Count me out. I have too much to worry about on my own.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: BenBob] #6500444 10/18/16 01:54 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: BenBob
There are plenty of Texans that do stuff that I don't care for, but I am just too busy to be shamed by all of them. Besides, all Texans would be working overtime on the reporting side if we reported every time some out of stater violated our hunting laws. Do you want to meet halfway and have a throw down or what? Count me out. I have too much to worry about on my own.

clap AMEN

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: MoBettaHuntR] #6500459 10/18/16 02:03 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
Bird Herder
Online Content
Bird Herder
Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

clap AMEN

I'll fight for our side. I ain't scared of no Yankee. Where y'all want to meet? duel boxing rofl

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500468 10/18/16 02:06 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Utahhoss, I can't find any official statement concerning this matter from the Utah DWR on their website. I've found plenty of he said, she said on message boards.

I also noticed where one or two DWR employees provided incorrect info to the outfitter about what units the Governor's Tag was good for. I can understand that most would think the guide would have known better, but I also see where Utah declined to charge the guide and woman hunter.

So, was this willful poaching or was it case of a hunter and guide getting incorrect information from the Utah DWR? Please provide links.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500473 10/18/16 02:09 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It seems there might have been some confusion with the DWR on this one but either way the DA chose not to prosecute. The OP might want to look at this one again before he sets himself up for a lible suit. If she's wealthy enough to buy one of those tag's she's damn sure wealthy enough to hire a good lawyer.

Mod's please don't delete this thread.

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 10/18/16 02:14 PM. Reason: Never rely on auto correct.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #6500475 10/18/16 02:10 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

clap AMEN

I'll fight for our side. I ain't scared of no Yankee. Where y'all want to meet? duel boxing rofl

More than likely an anti troll looking for ammunition.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: HWY_MAN] #6500477 10/18/16 02:10 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
It seems there might have been some confusion with the DWR on this one but either way the DA chose not to prosecute. The OP might want to look at this one again before he sets himself up for a liable suit. If she's wealthy enough to buy one of those tag's she's damn sure wealthy enough to hire a good lawyer.

Mod's please don't delete this thread.

Libel

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500479 10/18/16 02:11 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Utah barf

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500487 10/18/16 02:12 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500490 10/18/16 02:15 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Sounds to me like the locals are butthurt about not being able to poach it themselves....

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500491 10/18/16 02:16 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500509 10/18/16 02:30 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
http://utahwildlife.net/forum/12-big-game/162050-moving-forward-poached-nebo-sheep.html

One post from the link

"Am I missing something here? It is my understanding of the situation that ONE DWR employee gave incorrect information to the outfitter. Also the DWR failed to inform the hunter of the rules (not sure how many DWR Employees are responsible for this). Once the location of the kill site was discovered the entire matter went to law enforcement and as was stated in another thread the prosecutor declined to press charges.

I'm not here to argue whether the outfitter knew the rules, not here to argue whether the DWR should have to inform the hunter or not. What I do question is what this has to do with any supposed DWR cover-up or leadership at the top or all the other conspiracy theories I read. The DWR did not make the decision to prosecute or not. You can say that there was incompetence on the part of one employee plus whoever is supposed to inform the hunter of the laws or if that should even be necessary. It seems you are grouping an entire organization based on the incompetent acts of a couple.

Please show me proof of organizational corruption, unless I am just way off base with my ignorance of the facts.

Please don't straw-man me here--I am not the outfitter, I am not defending the hunter. I just question the broad accusations thrown around here."

At least someone up there sees it........!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500516 10/18/16 02:36 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Sounds like to me the DWR gave incorrect information and based on that, the prosecutor failed to charge the individual or the guide. That is not exactly my definition of poaching, but I am no expert on it for sure and don't want to be. Sounds more like a case of dumb_ _ _ness rather than poaching. You can bet if they thought they had a case, they would have pursued the trial because I am sure the hunter had some cash.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500524 10/18/16 02:41 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Another thing, was it a state record or not? Don't ya'll have measuring tapes up there? Or was it a yearling that had the potential to become a possible state record if it survived for years? Doesn't every male animal that is born have the potential to be a possible state record?

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500528 10/18/16 02:45 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
It sounds like both sides failed their own fiduciary duty as guide and employee at the wildlife department.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: stxranchman] #6500530 10/18/16 02:45 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Sounds to me like the locals are butthurt about not being able to poach it themselves....

roflmao

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: BenBob] #6500535 10/18/16 02:47 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Sounds like to me the DWR gave incorrect information and based on that, the prosecutor failed to charge the individual or the guide. That is not exactly my definition of poaching, but I am no expert on it for sure and don't want to be. Sounds more like a case of dumb_ _ _ness rather than poaching. You can bet if they thought they had a case, they would have pursued the trial because I am sure the hunter had some cash.

I don't think the Prosecutor "failed" to file the charge. I think the Prosecutor realized that "intentionally & knowingly" were non existent once it became clear that the DWR was contacted and THEY gave out wrong information. confused2

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500540 10/18/16 02:50 PM
U
Utahhoss Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
U
Calm down, not in here throwing flames at texas. The gov tag is statewide, EXCEPT the nebo. The sheep pop. has struggled so it was limited. Driving now, but i will post links after work. The hunter/guide claim they called some biologist 200 miles away, who isnt working the unit, to see if gov tag was statewide. Its written code that it isnt. The guide is a 30yr guide, who knew the code, is pretending to be dumb. The da said he couldnt prove they "indended" to defraud. There is zero question the sheep was killed, zero question on a unit she couldnt hunt.

Now, you boys come up and hunt, glad to have ya. But, this chick and her guide thought this would be covered up and gone, she and hubby spend hundreds of thousands in utah yearly. This post is simply to let you all know whats up when her "adventure" story kicks in. She had a hunting show filming her.

Check out monster muleys.com , utah wildlife.net, theres a bunch of stuff on them.

Again, not some border war, just a heads up to hunters in another state. Do with the info what you want.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500547 10/18/16 02:56 PM
68A Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Your incompetent DWR gave out incorrect information, and you are saying she poached the animal?
On top of that you come on this site (which you obviously searched out just to deliberately attempt to sling some mud) throwing names around.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: Utahhoss] #6500549 10/18/16 02:57 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Wow that is a pretty bad mistake on the DNR to allow hunting in a closed unit. But they granted permission so it is not poached. This is not the outfitters fault and not the hunters. The blame on this one falls squarely on the DNR's shoulders. Good luck getting them held accountable.

Re: Texan poached possible utah record sheep [Re: BenBob] #6500553 10/18/16 02:58 PM
U
Utahhoss Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
U
Another thing, was it a state record or not? Don't ya'll have measuring tapes up there? Or was it a yearling that had the potential to become a possible state record if it survived for years? Doesn't every male animal that is born have the potential to be a possible state record?

The sheep went away quickly. The guide aint posting pics, she aint either. Which is odd because they both plaster the internet with pics. Its extremely hush, hush. The county is very rural, i doubt the da budget is equal to the price of this hunt. Not suprising they didnt get involved. There is a pic on monster muleys, under "WHAT A SHEEP", . Funny thing us, a taxidermist from Houston posted it, until then all if the talk was gossip, the pic shows the dead ram, her, and the nebo unit in background. Thats when the locals raised a fuss and dwr was forced to admit there was an investigation. Again, just info, take it for what its worth

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide