Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935047 10/26/17 09:58 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
What was that stuff you boys were drinking?

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: hook_n_line] #6935124 10/26/17 11:04 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
Went to check my son's game cam and feeder this weekend. Not a speck of corn on the ground and a ton of tracks. Not one single picture on the cam. Its either going to cost me money or the deer are now invisible. Both scenarios are scary.

similar thing happened on my place , it's my friend's feeder way up in the canyon (Eastland Co)

corn gone, no tracks, no game cam pics

few times cam took pics of what looks like a lady with long hair walking away (2016)
similar pics had been reported by previous hunter (2013)

his game cam was turned up while the second which points at the first cam , took no pics

this spot has been weird since 2013 and every new guy tells me there's something there

My friend has known about this for a while (since 2014) but he kept it to himself.
Didn't tell me about it till summer of 2016, thats when I told him about previous
hunter's experience.

My friend is not afraid of 'it'. he's very curious and wanted to see what's there.
I am a sensitive, I can tell something's there but I don't try to 'communicate' or let it
'communicate' with me. If I do get that feeling, I bombard myself with other things
or talk to myself. When it's time to go, I get the hell out as fast as I can.
Always followed by a cold air for a short distance.

If you're a 'sensitive' or. 'medium' and would like to see if you can communicate
with whatever 's there. I can take you up there to spend the night.
I'd like to know what/who haunts that place

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935431 10/27/17 03:36 AM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
WTF just happened?

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935463 10/27/17 04:30 AM
S
Stratgolfer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Shoot, I have one at my house. Neighbor across the st died a few years back from cancer. Whenever I have contact with her friends or her husband/kids, I come home to the smell of cigarette smoke in my house. Not sure what she is trying to tell me but I always acknowledge her. Seems the right thing to do. She was good to my kids. I made it a point to go over and show her my newborn second son the week she died. And for the non-believers, the wife smells it too......

"I was called by the Yorkers a outlaw, and later by the english a rebel" Ethan Allen
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935464 10/27/17 04:33 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Years ago I was glassing for Deer and Turkey not far from old Fort Chadbourne. Somewhere between Kickapoo Mountain and Nipple Peak I was sitting on a small peak under a big balanced rock that was at the top. While I sat there glassing the terrain, next to me in the dirt I found a corner tang Indian artifact with the tip missing. These are considered ceremonial by some or associated with burials. Not wanting to lose or break it I carefully folded a handkerchief or paper towel around it, placed it in my shirt pocket and buttoned the pocket. I did see a Turkey that I moved into position for, but had a jackrabbit run up to me, sit up, and make a bark like sound at me scaring the Turkey before I could shoot it. I knew the Turkey was headed for a stock tank being the only water in the area, so I ran through the mesquites to set up for the Turkey at the water hole. I remember patting my pocket while waiting on the Turkey and feeling the corner tang in my pocket. I shot my Turkey and carried the Turkey back to camp. At camp I wanted to take a picture of the Turkey with the corner tang I had found. I unbuttoned by shirt, pulled the handkerchief out of my pocket, and carefully unfolded it to take the corner tang knife out. There was nothing there.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935472 10/27/17 05:01 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Then there was the Ghost Coon that showed up on my game cam many years ago.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: East] #6935537 10/27/17 11:52 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: East
Was hunting with a buddy at his families place a 3-4 years back. One morning we were in a blind on the top of a hill over looking a pasture that backed up to the river bottoms. Out of no where an elderly woman with a sleeveless shirt walked out across the pasture then back into the bottoms. We yelled for her to get her attention thinking she might need help. Then went down there but could never find her, or her tracks. This was a cold morning too, high 20s low 30s so it was definitely strange.

I had actually forgot about it, but he brought it up the other day

Not really spooky just odd

Was she choking an Albino Catfish confused2 laugh

texas flag

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Sniper John] #6935565 10/27/17 12:43 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Sniper John

Even ghost coons don't get a pass. rifle

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Stratgolfer] #6935713 10/27/17 02:28 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Stratgolfer
Shoot, I have one at my house. Neighbor across the st died a few years back from cancer. Whenever I have contact with her friends or her husband/kids, I come home to the smell of cigarette smoke in my house. Not sure what she is trying to tell me but I always acknowledge her. Seems the right thing to do. She was good to my kids. I made it a point to go over and show her my newborn second son the week she died. And for the non-believers, the wife smells it too......

funny you mention 'smell'

I had a haunted apartment in Kingwood, TX back in 09 , there was one
spot on the carpet in the living room that I can smell 'rotting flesh'

like somebody died at the spot

but the apartment is not smelly to any visitors,

when I moved in the carpet was still wet, probably from the Mgt
trying to get rid of the stain and smell.

a lot of strange things happened to me in that apartment

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935717 10/27/17 02:32 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I posted a story way back of certain times of the year the smell of cherry tobacco is around my property specially right about dusk. Nearest neighbor is over 2 miles away.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6935742 10/27/17 02:44 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Keep 'em coming. These are my favorite types of threads!

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Choctaw] #6935833 10/27/17 03:41 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Dang, if that ain't photoshopped, that is a cool picture.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Sniper John] #6935997 10/27/17 06:01 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T

I remember those first trail cam pics. Sometimes we would get bucks like this that looked twice as big as they really were. I remember how excited I was to pick up the film at Wal Mart.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6936693 10/28/17 12:38 PM
B
brushbuck Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Had left the road at the lease on a dark foggy morning heading to my blind in some oak timber. As I stopped at the base of the ladder I began hearing a faint snapping sound. I looked around through the fog with my head lamp but could only see a few feet in front of me and saw nothing. Still hearing the snapping noise, I began tying my gun up to the hoist rope and prepared the back pack and myself for the trip up the 20 foot ladder. About five feet off the ground I sensed something to my right and as I turned my head my headlamp lit up a face to face confrontation with a very ugly Emu about twelve inches away who immediately snapped its beak together. That bird scared the hell out of me that morning.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: New Hunter] #6937255 10/29/17 12:33 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: New Hunter
I read on a forum post somewhere that a hunter found a person chained to a tree...but it had been so long the person was dead and in advanced state of decay...skull was visible. Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary.
Down the road from us a couple years ago, my neighbor found a guy chained to a tree, naked with one eyeball popped out of his head and his scrotum had been cut off. Drug deal that went bad. He survived only to crash his truck into a tree and die. He didn't have very good luck with trees. Weird stuff happens around here. Devil worshippers too. They meet up at a cemetary just up the road, according to locals

Last edited by Erathkid; 10/29/17 12:43 AM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6937263 10/29/17 12:39 AM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
eek2

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

http://atvutvcustomizer.com/
Pacific Eagle UTV enclosures. Kawasaki, Honda , Polaris, Kymco, and many more!

Trump, Make America Great Again!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6937284 10/29/17 01:00 AM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Im sure NONE of you will Believe this, but it's a sin to lie.

Last winter (2016, january) we had a low of around 42 degrees, went out to do some 'yote hunting. after i had been calling for about 45 minutes, i smelled the smell of like a skunk and rotten eggs rolled into one. Every now again some of the neighbors septic has trouble, but this smelled different. My dog, Killer was with me ( he recently died) and he started acting a coward, slinking around me, whining, but always looking in the same direction. I had my 20 gauge with me, I had buckshot in it, but i put some slugs i had in my pack in it. Kept shining my light around, nothing but the eyes of an occasional coon in a tree. I started hearing twigs snapping, just, *snap, snap and leaves crunching. There is about a 45 acre empty lot grown over with trees and brush about 50 yards behind me. i was leaning up against a tree so i turned around quietly, by now my dog headed for home with his tail 'tween his legs. I did a sweep with my light along the fence line and woods, just before i turned my light off, something caught my eye. First off was the eyeshine, kind of orange/ red, about 6 1/2 7ft off the ground., Had the color of mud kind of, just a dirty brown long haired arms hanging down to knees "Creature", At this point i was shaking out of my boots! IT moved around a little, broke a branch and turned and it was gone, just vanished. On the 800 yard walk back to the house, i kept hearing " stuff" paralelling (hows it spelled?) me. Finally i took off at a DEAD RUN. I made it to the backyard fence, went through the gate, up the steps, closed all the windows, locked and Dead Bolted all the doors, and loaded my .22 pistol to carry on my hip,.... After that about 3 days later, my Uncle called ( he lives about 4 miles away) and said around 3 in the morning, he woke to the sound of something running beside his window, he sat up in bed, looked out the window, just as the " creature" ran behind his truck, and vanished into the woodline.
What do you think? Is it a man in a furry suit terrorizing this small town neighborhood, OR is at as i call it , " Bigfoot",,, Sasquatch... eeks333 walking

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Trophytaker3] #6937658 10/29/17 02:02 PM
B
brushbuck Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Trophy
I'm fairly certain you and your uncle saw the Boggy Creek Monster eeks333

Last edited by brushbuck; 10/29/17 02:04 PM.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6937948 10/29/17 07:23 PM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Could be. I do know that about 2 years ago a friend of ours from church told us his friend got a pic of one on his trail cam standing next to his tractor, the tractors tire is about 5 1/2 ft tall, thats where the stomach was!......
the funny thing is when he was telling us the story, the lid on his toolbox in his truck was open, and it fell down on its own SLAM! scared the poo outta me!

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: DPirates80] #6937951 10/29/17 07:27 PM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: DPirates80
a couple of years ago, one of my buddies and I were hunting wood ducks down in back of an old creek. as we re walking back there we kept hearing huge splashes. You know, we re thinking its fish or turtles jumping into the water, so we pay it no mind really and kept walking to back of the creek. We finally get to our spot and stayed silent. Its still pitch black and we cant see a thing. The splashing sounds kept hitting all out in front of us where the creek was. We shined the light but seen nothing. All of a sudden something came crashing in the brush right next to us like a rock but we couldn't tell what it was, thought it was just a branch falling from above. I had the feeling something was watching us the whole time but kept telling myself its just your mind messing with you. So after about 20 minutes of complete silence, there was a loud smack on the tree five feet from us. Nearly ruining my pants, we shined the light over and there behold was a football sized rock rock down from the bank after striking that tree. Lets just say we were out of there and fast. I don't know what that was or if someone was messing with us, but I have never been so creeped out or scared out in the woods before in my life until then.

I know bigfoots are known to do that...................... eek2

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: CharlieCTx] #6937952 10/29/17 07:29 PM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
Originally Posted By: PMK
I went to see the movie The Legend of Boggy Creek in the local theater.

I'm a couple years behind you, but I remember seeing that movie and it scaring the crap out of me for years. Drove through Fouke, AR where the legend lives several times back in the mid 90's. It's still big business there.

Charlie

I saw that movie when i was 10, it was out on C.D by that time, smile
Then one day i decided to watch it, i was home alone, I GOT SO SCARED, LUCKILY my sister called and talked to me, so she kept me company through the whole movie!

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Simple Searcher] #6938824 10/30/17 05:08 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Dang, if that ain't photoshopped, that is a cool picture.

Nope. It is as found. But pre digital when half country did not have home computers. Probably caused by the film not advancing. But then too, it could just be a real ghost.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6939257 10/30/17 03:07 PM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
MAYBE its the ghost coon from, " Where The Red Fern Grows"

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: redfred] #6939263 10/30/17 03:09 PM
T
Trophytaker3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: redfred
Years ago, a guy my dad worked with told Dad that his father-in-law had passed away and left his place out in the country to my dad's friend and his wife. He told my dad that he didn't hunt, but had seen some deer on the property and told Dad that he could come out and hunt if he wanted to. That Saturday, Dad drove out there, found the farmhouse in the wee hours of the morning, and drove into the back part of the property, just like the guy told him he could. He found an old oak tree with a wooden pallet nailed in the limbs, so he climbed up and waited for sunup.
Just as it was getting daylight, he noticed an old man walking along the edge of a clearing wearing a red plaid shirt and an "Elmer Fudd" type cap. Dad was wondering if maybe he was on the wrong property, but just then, the old man pointed across the field to where a nice buck was moving through the edge of the trees. Dad was looking at the deer through the scope, but didn't want to shoot a moving target. He glanced back at the old man to make sure he didn't have a gun, and right then the man pointed at the deer again. Dad looked through the scope at the still-moving deer, and the old man whistled loudly. The deer froze, and Dad fired his 8mm Mauser. The deer dropped in its tracks. He looked back to where the old man had been and he was gone.
Dad cleaned and quartered the deer in the field, and then drove out to go to his friend's house to share some of the meat. His friend and his wife were having breakfast, and my dad started telling them what had happened, and asked if the old man was a neighbor. When he described how he was dressed, and the fact that he whistled to stop the deer, his friend's wife turned pale as a sheet. Dad's friend told him that that was exactly how his recently dead father-in-law dressed and hunted.
Dad used to tell that story when my brother and I were hunting with him when we were 12 or 14, and I always sort of blew it off. But years later, I met the guy at my dad's job and he told me the same story.Pretty spooky.

peep eek2 geekfreak

In this order....
Faith, Family, Hunting.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6939282 10/30/17 03:19 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I just remembered a Dad story. We used to hunt in Caldwell and we were always told that sometimes just after dark you could see a little light going up and down the creek bed. The story was there used to be an old miser on the place and he didn't believe in putting his money in the bank so he buried it in coffee cans down by the creek. One night it was flooding and we went down to get his money and was washed away in the current. So they say he is still there walking up and down the creek looking for his money and that if you follow him you might find one of the coffee cans. We saw things there that we couldn't explain, but never found any cans with money in them.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 10/30/17 03:20 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide