Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6490060 10/11/16 04:21 AM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
We don't have a spooky story. All we have is two brothers that hang out at our lake campground place north of town and the other place west of town on our Colorado River place. According to my son Michael the brothers are Smokey Joe and Smokey Jack. Every year around the campfire he gathers all the grandkids and tells them the stories how these two brothers were raised along the river in a cave and in his childhood how he met up he met up with them. According to Michael Smokey Jack took up residence on top of his camper and in the Spring made his way north of town to our summer campground. I get skeered as the grans listening to him. confused2

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6490114 10/11/16 09:26 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
You all need slow down on the drinking and turn in your cards

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6490174 10/11/16 11:41 AM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
peep

popcorn

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6490485 10/11/16 03:18 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I guess this could apply to this thread ... years ago in high school (circa mid 1970s), some of my HS buddies and I went to see the movie The Legend of Boggy Creek in the local theater. After we got out of the movie, we decided to go coon hunting out on one of the guys (Robert) dad's ranch that had a small stream running thru it. We were in my car, only had 1 flashlight and 1 lever action 22 but there were 4 of us, Robert, Bret, Mike and I. We made our way down the creek to the neighbor's fence line without seeing any eyes. Robert had permission from the neighbor to headlight for coons, so over the fence we go. There is a tree line down the creek and a plowed terraced field to the left where we are walking. Robert has the flashlight, I have the gun and the other two were watching for eyes. We had gone probably 300-400 yards down this field when Robert swung the flashlight beam out across the field and stopped in his tracks saying "what was that?" ... The rest of us are looking around where he shines the light and asked "well what did it look like?" He just said he wasn't sure, just something big but it dropped down behind one of the terraces. We all got a little uneasy since we had just watched the Legend of Boggy Creek and all, but we keep going. We went another 40-50 yards and he swings the light out across the field again and screams "IT'S HEADING THIS WAY!!!" and then he proceeded to haul butt back towards his dad's place, leaving the other 3 of us in pitch blackness with something possibly heading our way. We all scrambled trying to run thru a plowed field following the rapidly disappearing flashlight. We can hear something coming up behind us, so we are really flying as best we could in the dark. We finally get to the fence as Robert is hitting the ground on the other side. this is a darn good fence, light mid chest high 9 strand barbed wire. I run up to the H brace and am in a mad panic to get over quickly knowing something is about to "get" me. As I cleared the top of the fence, something grabs my leg eeks333 and I lunge forward falling flat of my face into the dirt/rocks on the other side but "it" still had me. The other two guys finally get over the fence and start tugging on my arms flaying in the darkness, all screaming bloody murder ... then ... we hear Robert belly rolling he was laughing roflmao so hard and he walks out of the brush a few feet from the fence. he shines the flashlight to see my jeans leg was tangled in the top barbed wire of the fence. He couldn't stop laughing he had scared us all so bad with his little stunt. He started planning it all out about the time we first crossed the fence thinking back about the movie. That was over 40 years ago and it still makes us all chuckle when we get together.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6490543 10/11/16 03:59 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Hillary Clinton is elected and thru EA makes the 2A obsolete and guns illegal or too expensive to shoot. That spooky enough for you?

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: hook_n_line] #6490713 10/11/16 05:55 PM
G
Greg Z Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I do...I do... I do believe in spooks!

Greg Ziemer
Sewell Lexus
214-597-6006
Life's short... Enjoy the ride!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: PMK] #6490882 10/11/16 07:29 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: PMK
I went to see the movie The Legend of Boggy Creek in the local theater.

I'm a couple years behind you, but I remember seeing that movie and it scaring the crap out of me for years. Drove through Fouke, AR where the legend lives several times back in the mid 90's. It's still big business there.

Charlie

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6491281 10/12/16 12:03 AM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
popcorn agh, campfire stories banana2 flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Flashprism] #6491847 10/12/16 12:42 PM
R
rex47 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: Flashprism
While bow hunting 30 years ago from a tree stand about 15' above a game trail I had a doe and 2 yearlings move up the trail toward me. I decided to take the doe as it was late in the season and the yearlings were mature enough to fend for themselves. I hit the doe high in the back and a bit far back. I watched the doe run off with the arrow fletch deep in her back. I searched for the doe for about 5 hours after the limited blood trail I had disappeared. I eventually gave up and went home. I went back the following Saturday to the same stand. When I reached the stand it was still dark and to my surprise in the light of my flash lite I found the arrow I shoot the deer with the week before at the base of the tree. It was broken in three pieces and was under the first step on the tree. As I thought about it I broke out in a cold sweat as to this day I cannot understand how that arrow in 3 pieces got back to that stand.

some one found the deer with the arrow, knew where the stand was broke arrow and put it under stand as a message.

when the going gets really tough, I sit down and rest
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: hook_n_line] #6491911 10/12/16 01:15 PM
G
Greg Z Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
If they had been around your feeder... they could have been Children Of The Corn! bolt
Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
Had a weird one this weekend, and s few others in years past. My place seems to be frequented with what we call "Visitors". Had it for 5 or 6 years now and people think its haunted.
1. Last years experience was pretty freaky. I climbed up in the stand on crisp cool morning just before sun up. Right as the saw started to light up the sky I heard laughter and it sounded like children running and playing in the creek bottom behind me. They were talking in a language other than Spanish or English so I could not understand what they were saying. The noise finally stopped when what seemed they had reached the end of the creek but I never saw anyone come out.

2. This last weekend was really weird. I was making my bedtime call to the wife to let her know I was turning in for the night, once I'm inside the signal is lost. I'm walking up the driveway talking to my wife for about 5 or 6 minutes when she asks "who is this?", I'm telling her its me and she started calling my name and saying she is going to hang up now and I need to call her back. I tried calling back but kept getting just voicemail. Finally she calls me back says who was out there and that she was freaking out because she could here someone saying "He's mine, he belongs to us" It took me a little while to assure her everything was okay and that my hunting buddy and his son were already in for the night. Sunday morning I'm packing up to leave and my buddy's son asks me if I believe in ghosts. I chuckled and asked why. He said "I had to get up last night because I heard someone talking by the fire. I looked out and there were 2 shadows but you and Dad were still sleeping, so I knew it wasn't you guys. I got freaked out and made the dog sleep by the door."
confused2

Greg Ziemer
Sewell Lexus
214-597-6006
Life's short... Enjoy the ride!
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6491968 10/12/16 01:42 PM
R
redhaze Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Very entertaining, thanks.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6492028 10/12/16 02:18 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Scared the crap out of us at the time, but is funny now - two buddies and I were hunting opening day of duck season - it was a year where the 1st fell on a Saturday so Halloween was the night before. We were in college and had decide to leave the party to get out extremely early and chill vs. going home for an hour or two and risk not wanting to get back up. We're in the middle of a flooded field surrounded by thick timber, swapping ghost stories (full moon) when out of no where this "woman" starts screaming. We're miles from anywhere and we all about shat ourselves. Obviously it was a mountain lion, but I think we all about fell out of our chairs and then stood back to back with our guns for the next two hours.

Wife and I have some kind of spirit (didn't use to believe in that crap, but do now) that followed us from our apartment to her parents house (where we lived while our house was being built). Luckily it stayed at her parents house. In fact, my MIL called her yesterday and told her to come and get her damn ghost and take it home with us. She just had knee surgery so has been sleeping the recliner in the living room. Said she's awoken numerous times to something pulling her hair, throwing the TV remote on the floor, and just the overall feeling of something staring at her. Stuff gets moved around all the time, cabinets open, doors slam...real creepy stuff.

We have some benign stuff happen at our house - sometimes in the middle of the night we have both woken up to hear children's voices and laughter, dogs will sit and watch stuff, a while back when the wife was gone to a movie with her Mom I was sitting on the couch and one of my labs looks into the bedroom, hair stands straight up, and then he starts growling. Kind of freaked me out. The night my grandpa died we got home very late from the hospital to find our hanging light fixture in the dining room shattered - like it had been hit with a baseball bat. Eerie thing about that is my grandpa hated that light because he ALWAYS would walk into it and hit his head. No possible way for that light to break on its own - it was a big fixture and did NOT fall - the screw that held the globe on was still screwed on...it was hit. Have also seen a figure walking across our pasture at night - hit it with the light and it's gone. Wife thinks it's native americans. For whatever reason we have a ton of owls and hawks around our place.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6492045 10/12/16 02:33 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
With a name like Cochise, I believe you must have inherited your ancestors spirit gene

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6493190 10/13/16 02:27 AM
D
Deersteaks Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Had a friend of mine tell me a story that his grandfather told him. He said his grandfather said "When I was a much younger man living in south Texas, I had no car (not to many people did)and we walked or road a horse wherever we went. On one particular day, I had to go to town to get something from the store and that it had gotten dark while in route home. Well, as most people did, I took cross country short cuts to lessen my travel distance and was on such a trail this evening. I came around a corner of the trail and there standing in the middle of the trail was a man in a white shirt with a dark jacket over it. I of course got very startled and jumped back. He just stood there staring at me. I said, can I help you sir. He just stood there staring. I was scared and said, sir, I don't want any trouble, I'm just trying to get home. Again, he just stood there. I didn't know what to do. I backed up a little and he advanced some himself. Again I said, sir I really don't want any trouble, I just want to go home. He just stared at me. Finally I was so scared I said sir, I have a gun and I don't want any trouble, but if you keep coming toward me, I will shoot you. Please let me pass so I can go home. Again he just stared at me. I turned to go another direction and he advanced on me again. Out of sheer fear and panic, I drew my pistol and shot him right in the chest and then broke and ran the direction I had came and took the long way home. I told my wife what had happened when I got home and of course she was scared to death. We talked a long time about it and we were scared that I may go to jail for it. I got no sleep that night and by the morning, I decided that I should at least go back to the scene and see if I could do anything or if I may even know who it was. I was sweating the whole way there, scared to death of what I was about to see and not knowing what I should do about it. Well, I finally came to the location and was prepared for I'm not sure what,when I came around the corner and there laying in the middle of the trail was a huge white faced mule with a hole between his eyes. I was astonished and overwhelmed with joy. I ran back home and told my wife and we both had a big laugh about it, but never told a sole for years."

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6493369 10/13/16 07:26 AM
N
N.La.Beagler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Back when I was in H.S., my dad and I were rabbit hunting a pine thicket behind a church/cemetery in a little community in Jackson Parish, La. Our two best dogs were going non stop in the thicket, but couldn't seem to push the rabbit out. I thought I had his pattern figured out, so in I go. A few minutes later, I look behind me, and there sits a rabbit, not more than 7 or 8 feet away. I leveled the 20 gauge and blasted him, cause the dogs were coming fast and hard, and he wasn't going to stay put very much longer. I knew I'd killed the bunny, so I loaded another shell, and waited for the dogs to get there. They run up to the spot in full cry, then shut down cold. I looked at where the rabbit had been, and there was nothing there. No blood, hair, or anything. It did bother me that they couldn't find the track where the rabbit ran off. I thought no more of it until I was walking out. I had a hard headed little gyp, that wouldn't come out, when it was time to go. So I caught her, and was carrying her out. We were almost to the truck, when I see a rabbit run under a brush pile. I couldn't shoot, cause I was carrying a dog. She saw it, and started struggling to get down. I wouldn't put her down, cause we were ready to go, and didn't want to start another chase. About that time, my other two dogs were coming up, and about to cross paths with that rabbit. They both trotted up to that brush pile, then turned and went to the truck. Neither dog acted as if they had seen,or smelled anything. We loaded up and got out of there QUICK!

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6496287 10/15/16 02:23 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Not a "ghost" story, and one I've told here before, my apologies for the repeat. Had a lease in East TX. One of the guys went by himself and hunted the morning before the rest of us showed up. When he climbed down from his stand he pulled the card out of his game cam and we looked at the pics over lunch. The last three pics were terrifying. Four or five people, men and women, with vacant stares, gaunt faces, and guns. Obviously washed out mindless tweekers lost in the woods, with guns. What's scariest is that the pics were taken about 15 minutes before he climbed into his stand, the camera's about 30 yards away.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6496312 10/15/16 02:44 PM
R
redhaze Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Sneaky wardens, back in 1983, I won a raffle from DU for a "Bull Elk" hunt in northern New Mexico. Paid $5, cost a lot more of course. The hunt was west of Raton, NM on the Colorado/N Mex border. After I had secured my elk, we supported the rest of the group by spotting, scouting, etc. A group of us loaded up and went out, and our guide said we entered Colorado from some back land canyons. We were of course tasting the local home made vapors and brews....We out got and released full bladders and glassed for a few minutes. Hours later we returned to the camps and the ranch manager came out to check on us. He asked us if we were that certain vehicle that stopped on this particular peak, and we were. He said good thing you didn't fire at anything as we were being watched by a Colorado Game Warden. I mean it was in the middle of now where.....you just never know who has eyes on you.....

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6499484 10/17/16 08:57 PM
B
Bittercreek Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Good Stuff. Keep'm coming.
texas

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6500691 10/18/16 04:03 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
TTT

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6501158 10/18/16 08:49 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
ninja

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6504023 10/20/16 04:45 PM
T
TexOddball Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I got a story on a spooky deer. I was sitting in the stand, watching a bunch of does eating under the feeder. It was early in the season, so I was content to let them eat, and wait on a set of horns to walk through, when a deer snorted and blew, back in the brush. Now, the wind was right in my face, so I knew the deer freaking out in the brush hadn't smelled me, but something sure had it set off. Of course all the deer at the feeder scrambled outta there, and then this older doe walked into the clearing, calm as could be, and looked around. She blew about twice more, then trotted over to the corn, happy as a clam. Little miss priss didn't want to share the field, so she spooked all the other deer off before she walked in. It's rare that my first deer of the season is a doe, but I sure didn't need her "crying wolf" anytime she wanted to eat, so she went home with me that morning.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6504624 10/20/16 11:50 PM
R
Rembrandt Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Legendary Were-Wolf Deer.....known to wander the woods on Halloween night with glowing red eyes.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6505121 10/21/16 12:50 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
a couple of years ago, one of my buddies and I were hunting wood ducks down in back of an old creek. as we re walking back there we kept hearing huge splashes. You know, we re thinking its fish or turtles jumping into the water, so we pay it no mind really and kept walking to back of the creek. We finally get to our spot and stayed silent. Its still pitch black and we cant see a thing. The splashing sounds kept hitting all out in front of us where the creek was. We shined the light but seen nothing. All of a sudden something came crashing in the brush right next to us like a rock but we couldn't tell what it was, thought it was just a branch falling from above. I had the feeling something was watching us the whole time but kept telling myself its just your mind messing with you. So after about 20 minutes of complete silence, there was a loud smack on the tree five feet from us. Nearly ruining my pants, we shined the light over and there behold was a football sized rock rock down from the bank after striking that tree. Lets just say we were out of there and fast. I don't know what that was or if someone was messing with us, but I have never been so creeped out or scared out in the woods before in my life until then.

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6510641 10/25/16 02:54 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Anybody else have some cool stories to help us out on our walk to the blind for the morning on November 5th?

Re: Spooky Hunting Tales? [Re: Bittercreek] #6510794 10/25/16 04:14 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn I'm starting to worry that I will start hearing things in my blind now!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide