Print Thread
windows #6479691 10/04/16 04:48 AM
W
WatersFowler Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
W
anyone had any luck with deerview windows out of mansfield? i have left at least 4 messages and no call back. i'm sure they are busy, but c'mon.

Go ------------> elmer
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6480793 10/04/16 09:16 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
see the post from hammerhead on page 18 of the UltraDeerTowers thread. He mentioned they were running 20 days behind right now.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6481080 10/05/16 12:17 AM
Txhunter65 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Yeah I love their product but their customer service is horrible. A guy on my lease stopped by there end of August and placed an order they told him it would be about the 12th of September. His wife stopped by on the 12th they told her they had no record of the order. He placed the order there. But to tell you how long it really takes they had them ready the next afternoon at 4.

May check with Dickinson feed and supply they make a good window.

Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6481409 10/05/16 03:44 AM
W
WatersFowler Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
W
I understand they are busy...heck even their voice message says 14-20 business days, but we will call you back in 24 hours. Not.

Go ------------> elmer
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6481452 10/05/16 05:03 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: Txhunter65
His wife stopped by on the 12th they told her they had no record of the order. He placed the order there. But to tell you how long it really takes they had them ready the next afternoon at 4.

That actually sounds like the textbook definition of good customer service. Mistake brought to their attention and they corrected it as soon as possible. confused2

But it's all about expectation management, I believe. Not saying that Tyler doesn't need to do some things to ramp up production, but they are a small company with a good, CUSTOM-MADE-TO-ORDER product and the demand has exceeded their expectations, and everyone else's too.

The larger problem is that the average customer waits until the hunting rush right before the season to place an order, and everyone expects nearly instant delivery. Add to that a good quality control process that might reject materials received from suppliers, and it becomes no stretch of the imagination to see what's going on now.

[Linked Image]
Re: windows [Re: kry226] #6481524 10/05/16 11:56 AM
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: kry226
His wife stopped by on the 12th they told her they had no record of the order. He placed the order there. But to tell you how long it really takes they had them ready the next afternoon at 4.

That actually sounds like the textbook definition of good customer service. Mistake brought to their attention and they corrected it as soon as possible. confused2

But it's all about expectation management, I believe. Not saying that Tyler doesn't need to do some things to ramp up production, but they are a small company with a good, CUSTOM-MADE-TO-ORDER product and the demand has exceeded their expectations, and everyone else's too.

The larger problem is that the average customer waits until the hunting rush right before the season to place an order, and everyone expects nearly instant delivery. Add to that a good quality control process that might reject materials received from suppliers, and it becomes no stretch of the imagination to see what's going on now.

Prior to his wife stopping by the hunter had called for 3 days and left messages with no return call. At the same time I had called wanting to place an order myself but could not get anyone to answer. Because they jumped on the order after someone had to go by their office and they admittedly had lost an order previously placed in person doesn't not constitute good customer service.

I've ordered Windows 4 times from Tyler at different times of year and have even asked once about Aug-Sept being their busy period and he said it was not that much of an up tick in orders compared to the rest of the year.

Re: windows [Re: Txhunter65] #6482244 10/05/16 06:51 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: kry226

Prior to his wife stopping by the hunter had called for 3 days and left messages with no return call. At the same time I had called wanting to place an order myself but could not get anyone to answer. Because they jumped on the order after someone had to go by their office and they admittedly had lost an order previously placed in person doesn't not constitute good customer service.

I've ordered Windows 4 times from Tyler at different times of year and have even asked once about Aug-Sept being their busy period and he said it was not that much of an up tick in orders compared to the rest of the year.

Well, sir, I guess you got it all figured out then. Must be a crappy company since they got where they are based on customer service and product feedback here and other forums. And that you "asked once" means nothing about what's going on today.

[Linked Image]
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6482558 10/05/16 10:09 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W

Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6483165 10/06/16 06:14 AM
W
WatersFowler Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
W
I decided to drive by their office since i was in the area today. I met two really nice young men who apologized for their lack of call backs. They actually said that it didn't surprise them as they had recently hired a lady to "not answer the phone, only to return messages". We can all say what we want about customer service and I wasn't trying to complain, only ask if anyone else had experienced the same trouble I was having. I joined a lease late and had to build a blind late. I don't have to have the windows for opener as they can be added later. I just needed to talk to someone to confirm my custom size windows were possible. I ordered my windows and will deal with them once they are completed. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and we can all move along now. cheers

Go ------------> elmer
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6484005 10/06/16 07:35 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: WatersFowler
I decided to drive by their office since i was in the area today. I met two really nice young men who apologized for their lack of call backs. They actually said that it didn't surprise them as they had recently hired a lady to "not answer the phone, only to return messages". We can all say what we want about customer service and I wasn't trying to complain, only ask if anyone else had experienced the same trouble I was having. I joined a lease late and had to build a blind late. I don't have to have the windows for opener as they can be added later. I just needed to talk to someone to confirm my custom size windows were possible. I ordered my windows and will deal with them once they are completed. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and we can all move along now. cheers

up

[Linked Image]
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6484295 10/06/16 10:35 PM
DrifterAT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I picked up 6 of their tinted flip up windows Friday and was assured all necessary hardware was include. When I went to install the windows at the lease, no wood screws were packaged and Home Depot was 35 miles away.

Windows are very nice!

Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6484475 10/07/16 01:02 AM
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
popcorn

Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6484668 10/07/16 02:58 AM
E
ETXFIREMAN 1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
They don't include screws, they'd have to package wood and metal screws because they do not know what your blind is made of....

I have 5 of the tinted windows and an insulated door from them and couldn't be happier.

Originally Posted by BMD
No doubt about the AR crap, just damn shame hunters don't have self control and knowledge

Re: windows [Re: ETXFIREMAN 1] #6484734 10/07/16 06:11 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: DrifterAT
I picked up 6 of their tinted flip up windows Friday and was assured all necessary hardware was include. When I went to install the windows at the lease, no wood screws were packaged and Home Depot was 35 miles away.

Windows are very nice!

popcorn

Originally Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1
They don't include screws, they'd have to package wood and metal screws because they do not know what your blind is made of....

I have 5 of the tinted windows and an insulated door from them and couldn't be happier.

popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6489016 10/10/16 03:34 PM
C
ccc_carter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
I really like the product that deerview makes....I've seen them several times over the years at the TTH show in fort worth, unfortunately I recently decided to bite the bullet and put some nice windows in a new stand I was building and never could get a hold of anyone in the office. I called multiple times over about a two week period and finally left one message...with no return call. I eventually ended up buying from Dickinson after a lot of searching for an alternative. I can say I am very pleased with the Dickinson windows they seem to be a great product.

Re: windows [Re: WatersFowler] #6495390 10/14/16 07:02 PM
RH11399 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I don't think I have ever had to wait more than 20 minutes for them to reply to email. Pretty impressive to me given it is their busiest time of year.

The dog is the reason that the wolf is forced to stalk in the darkness.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide