I found a way to play game camera videos on you're iPhone in the field. My iPhone is on iOS 9.3.4 and is an iPhone 6. I also use the Apple SD card reader to import them.
The app is called iConv it is free upgrade to pro right now if you're ok with putting a review of 5 stars.
I have nothing to do with this company or any Tech company.
1) download the free app iConv.
2) use the app and it should popup if you want to upgrade to pro. Say no. Then it will say it's a free upgrade to pro if you write a 5 star review. I chose to write the darn review even though the app has tons of bugs. I then had the pro version which will let you do more than one video.
3) import your videos from SD card into iPhoto using you're card reader. Don't remove your SD card the whole time, don't unplug your sd card reader at all, don't delete the videos off the card. If you do any of those three things you won't be able to view the videos. We will do all that later. The card reader has to be plugged in when watching the videos.
4) now that you're videos are in your phone. Turn off your phone and turn it back on. You have to do this or it won't play the videos.
5) now open the iConv app, click the plus in the top left, select local libraries, and now click on each video and import them into the app.
6) now once importing each video individually into the app (annoying) you can click done.
7) now all you're videos are ready to play with this app. Just click them in the app and you can play them.
8) once you've watched what you want, it's now ok to go to iPhoto and delete the videos off your card if you don't want them at home or just take the card reader out and you're done.
It's super annoying and takes forever but works on my iPhone.
I had 30 videos on my card this morning. It took me 8 minutes to get to where I can view them. Not bad but not good at all. May be too annoying for y'all but when I'm at the ranch I have nothing but time.