Print Thread
Public Hunting Lands #6445114 09/09/16 04:35 PM
B
Booner1 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
Thought I would get my rant over early this season. I went out to LBJ to hunt dove and scout for teal and deer and while I was there,
I cleaned up all of the empty shot shell hulls and trash that the opening day hunters had left. Dang shame that grown men act this
way on resources that we are aloud to hunt for free. Our hunting rights are being threatened as it is and we sure as heck don't need to
give anymore reason for them to take away this resource. So once again, I ask you to please clean up your mess if you are hunting public.

Rant over, thanks for listening. I will still keep a supply of trash bags in my truck.

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6445122 09/09/16 04:41 PM
D
dune2218 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
It's the old rule,,, if its free they dont care----- money earned is spent entirely differently than money that is given. Nice of you to clean up, but I suspect it is a loosing battle.

Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6445126 09/09/16 04:44 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
its funny seeing all the people on here complaining about rules, and laws, and regulations, and police, and game wardens and TPWD...WE CAN NOT GOVERN OURSELVES, your fellow humans can not govern themselves in any facet of life, its a fact.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6445132 09/09/16 04:48 PM
A
ALM TXhunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
Originally Posted By: Booner1
Thought I would get my rant over early this season. I went out to LBJ to hunt dove and scout for teal and deer and while I was there,
I cleaned up all of the empty shot shell hulls and trash that the opening day hunters had left. Dang shame that grown men act this
way on resources that we are aloud to hunt for free. Our hunting rights are being threatened as it is and we sure as heck don't need to
give anymore reason for them to take away this resource. So once again, I ask you to please clean up your mess if you are hunting public.

Rant over, thanks for listening. I will still keep a supply of trash bags in my truck.

up
Well said.

Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: jshouse] #6445138 09/09/16 04:54 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: jshouse
its funny seeing all the people on here complaining about rules, and laws, and regulations, and police, and game wardens and TPWD...WE CAN NOT GOVERN OURSELVES, your fellow humans can not govern themselves in any facet of life, its a fact.
WORD! Darn shame too. I've cleaned up tons of trash on our hwy. People are nasty animals.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: jshouse] #6447348 09/11/16 02:52 PM
B
Booner1 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: jshouse

I wish that all LEO's would crack down on these butt heads but instead of a monetary fine, the judges should make them clean up trash on the roads, highways, state parks and USFS lands. Would hopefully change their outlook on throwing out trash.

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6447680 09/11/16 07:48 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
My personal rule of thumb is to come out with more shells(hulls) than I came in with or more trash than I came in with. Can't always pick all of it up that I see. With that my beef is with the public lands that require us to enter at a designated access point. These places usually end up becoming trash dumping and partying places for local non hunters during the off season when no one is checking up on those areas. They get trashed with beer cans, everything shot up, gates cut with 4x4 trails, truckload piles of trash, dead domestic animals and dogs dumped, and flat hazards from past and present construction materials dumped there. When good people and area residents drive to the end of those roads and see the shot up hunter access signs and trash, they blame us hunters for doing it when it is furthest from the truth.

Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6449862 09/13/16 11:00 AM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I just got my public license for like the 3rd year, never used it as I hate to hunt alone and no idea where to hunt around Bastrop, TX now.

R

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6451934 09/14/16 06:20 PM
M
meatHunter101 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
No respect. ....younger generation just don't give a dam...I've see it all the time. .....thay need there A $$ whipped. ..

Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6452173 09/14/16 08:50 PM
J
JYG71 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
What's the weirdest thing you've witnessed during a hunt on public land? I had left camp and walked probably a quarter mile to the lot I chose to hunt on LBJ. I walked in didn't see any sign of people, put my stand up and waited for first light. I was a lot younger, and got really excited when I saw does moving through a funnel near a creek bed heading my way. About this time a red dodge truck came rolling up skidded to a stop, I guy in a polo shirt and jeans finishes a beer while two empties fall out of the truck slips into a camo coverall and heads in my direction. he stops right under me takes a leak on my tree, doesn't even notice the strap on steps stops to light a cigarette (does are long gone) and proceeds to head to a strap on stand he already had mounted where he also had a very expensive compound bow apparently there all night, never even knew i was there. since i was there a week for kicks I went back the next morning, same thing 8 am like clockwork this time when he slowed down to light his smoke I softly said please don't take a leek on my tree again. He about jumped out of his skin, didn't say sorry and went on to his stand.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: jshouse] #6461057 09/21/16 12:17 AM
H
Hogflyer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Thats easy! they are call Hippocrits! dont care, just run they're mouth all the time! have them at work
too!.....

hunt safe all! and hopefully it will all correct itself!

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: JYG71] #6465367 09/23/16 08:54 PM
B
Booner1 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: JYG71
What's the weirdest thing you've witnessed during a hunt on public land? I had left camp and walked probably a quarter mile to the lot I chose to hunt on LBJ. I walked in didn't see any sign of people, put my stand up and waited for first light. I was a lot younger, and got really excited when I saw does moving through a funnel near a creek bed heading my way. About this time a red dodge truck came rolling up skidded to a stop, I guy in a polo shirt and jeans finishes a beer while two empties fall out of the truck slips into a camo coverall and heads in my direction. he stops right under me takes a leak on my tree, doesn't even notice the strap on steps stops to light a cigarette (does are long gone) and proceeds to head to a strap on stand he already had mounted where he also had a very expensive compound bow apparently there all night, never even knew i was there. since i was there a week for kicks I went back the next morning, same thing 8 am like clockwork this time when he slowed down to light his smoke I softly said please don't take a leek on my tree again. He about jumped out of his skin, didn't say sorry and went on to his stand.

Have to blame this one on the locals and not the hunters, a condom and the wrapper and a used tampax. Nasty buggers, threw that crap out right in one of the parking areas at LBJ. Thank the Lord that I didn't stumble up on the act while it was being committed.

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Booner1] #6466187 09/24/16 04:04 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H

Have to blame this one on the locals and not the hunters, a condom and the wrapper and a used tampax. Nasty buggers, threw that crap out right in one of the parking areas at LBJ. Thank the Lord that I didn't stumble up on the act while it was being committed.

And I just threw up a little bit....

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: Herbie Hancock] #6467681 09/25/16 09:51 PM
B
Booner1 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Herbie Hancock

And I just threw up a little bit....

I KNOW, TOTALLY DISGUSTING RIGHT....

Born to hunt and fish.
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: JYG71] #6475969 10/01/16 05:33 PM
D
d.g.ruff Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

It's been over 35 years, but one morning I had a young boy draw down on me with a shotgun of some sort. I figured it had slugs in it, as it was deer season. The grandpaw(?) snatched the gun out of his hands immediately, thank God, because I was waving and hollering, doing my best human imitation. I politely thanked the man and went back to camp to change my drawers. That was before mandatory hunter orange days.

Mmmm Hmmm
Re: Public Hunting Lands [Re: meatHunter101] #6478408 10/03/16 03:31 PM
T
Txfencebuilder s Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Younger generation ? I found my self picking up beer cans from the 80s in the woods or along creeks often so don't blame it all on us.my self and the guys I hunt with leave land better than it was when we got there

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide