Forum Stats
60489 Members
45 Forums
476385 Topics
6249481 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6453568 - 09/15/16 01:30 PM Places Not To Eat...
Stub Online   content
THF Celebrity

Well once a week the Mrs. & I have lunch.
Today we tried Rosa's on Coit Rd. in Plano, she said one of her friends said it was real good (must have been someone from NY City) loser8

BTW all the cars in the parking lot were Grand Marquis, Town Cars, Buick Electras, station wagons, Bonnevilles, heck everyone in the place was older than me, should have been a turn around and leave now sign laugh

In all fairness its like a high end fast food place, I had the Beef Enchilada plate with rice & beans, it was all very average.
Biting down on one of the flour tortilla's was almost like trying to pull a bite of jerky away. It was inexpensive and a great case of you get what you pay for nuts

So what places what other places should we stay away from confused2

#6453742 - 09/15/16 03:24 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
BigPig Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Forney, Tx
McDonalds

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning. grin

#6453817 - 09/15/16 04:15 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
WileyCoyote Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
In all the 35-40 years of traveling for a living, in up to 33 states, and on vacations in the Rockies & up & down the Left Coast...I've never gotten great food at a Micky D's...and never had a case of the green apple quick turkey trots either...and generally am known for having a cast iron gut. Uh, I'd call them "trustworthy".

OTOH...there is a place in Llano, whose name fails me, south side of the road just west of downtown, in front of a motel, with a Hunter Sum'thin kinda name, dutch boy blue & white trim & motiff...that is for sure the absolute worst place to eat in the USA, Canada, England, Scotland & Finland I ever ate. My wife had to sit on a towel to get back to the motel roon in Burnet, after hitting a couple convenient bushy laden cactus patch mesquite trees on the side of Hwy 29...dinnit think she was gonna make it from one end of Buchanan Dam to the other end, where there is NO PLACE to got whiz on the side of the road ...with me yelling to look out for the buzztails in the bushes. Her reply the worst time was...sounds like good solution right now...the next day I thought I was gonna have to go buy some more bath towels for me to get home on, back at Lake Texoma from Burnet County... PTL for having 2 Dos Zwei toilets and a BIG septic tank at home.
Ron

TooTaToo...We have MET the Enemy...and He is US !!... Pogo

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it...George Santayana

#6453879 - 09/15/16 05:11 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
scalebuster Online   content
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Stub
Today we tried Rosa's on Coit Rd. in Plano, she said one of her friends said it was real good (must have been someone from NY City) loser8

BTW all the cars in the parking lot were Grand Marquis, Town Cars, Buick Electras, station wagons, Bonnevilles, heck everyone in the place was older than me, should have been a turn around and leave now sign laugh

In all fairness its like a high end fast food place, I had the Beef Enchilada plate with rice & beans, it was all very average.
Biting down on one of the flour tortilla's was almost like trying to pull a bite of jerky away. It was inexpensive and a great case of you get what you pay for nuts

I've never eaten at a bad Rosas. The restaurant started up in Odessa. I ate there every Tuesday in the 90's. Tuesday was dollar beer, dollar fajita night. The one in Weatherford is good, so is the one in San Angelo.

I've traveled all over the country and eaten at some bad places. One chain that's usually consistent is Outback. The only bad one I've ever been in is in Benbrook. I tried it twice and it was terrible both times.

I still travel every day and won't eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell.

#6453886 - 09/15/16 05:18 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
txshntr Online   content
T-Rex Arms

Loc: Mansfield, Texas
Originally Posted By: Stub

Never had a bad meal at a Rosa's, but never tried one in Dallas and never have had the enchiladas. I love their tortillas confused2

#6453950 - 09/15/16 06:06 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
TEXASLEFTY Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The Island Cres
I vote thumbs up for Rosas here, better than taco cabana. I have NEVER had a good meal at outback....

#6454108 - 09/15/16 07:39 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
603Country Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Central Texas
I highly don't recommend Robles Mexican food in Centerville, or any Taco Bell anywhere.

#6454138 - 09/15/16 07:55 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
bigbob_ftw Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: White Settlement, TX.
Every Chinese place within 10 miles of my house.

#6454183 - 09/15/16 08:26 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
TexasKC Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Houston & Lexington, Texas
I was banned from our local McDonalds when I went on a rampage because they screwed up my order 3 mornings in a row. I'll never spend another cent at any McD.

#6454454 - 09/16/16 06:07 AM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: 603Country]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
Originally Posted By: 603Country
I highly don't recommend Robles Mexican food in Centerville, or any Taco Bell anywhere.

I travel through Centerville all the time. Thanks to you and just about everyone else that has eaten there, I will never darken the door of that place. It must be terrible....

#6454782 - 09/16/16 10:44 AM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: WileyCoyote]
newbraunfelsraider Offline
Green Horn

Loc: New Braunfels

#6455572 - 09/16/16 08:49 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
Cajun Raider Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Texas
Must agree that the Hungry Hunter in Llano is pathetic!

#6456707 - 09/17/16 09:27 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: Stub]
NDN98 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: McKinney, TX
Can't believe the hate for Rosa's. It is hard to beat for fast food Mexican. Granted it isn't gourmet, but heck of a lot better than Taco Hell, Taco Casa, Taco Bueno, etc.

#6457294 - 09/18/16 12:51 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: newbraunfelsraider]
fmrmbmlm Online   content
Light Foot

Loc: Thrall Texas
[q
uote=newbraunfelsraider] Only eaten there once, back in 2000, it was pretty good.

#6457525 - 09/18/16 04:03 PM Re: Places Not To Eat... [Re: 603Country]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
Originally Posted By: 603Country

X 1,000,000,000

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide