Cheapest insurance coverage for utv #6446470 09/10/16 05:27 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Any leads ?

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6446536 09/10/16 06:18 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
What are you needing the insurance for?

Ours isn't insured because if it's on a trailer it's covered by vehicle insurance, and if it's in the garage it's covered under house insurance. We have insurance for injury and if we injure ourselves or anybody else then we are covered.

You can find insurance through Progressive, I think it runs around $90 a year for vehicle only coverage and $200 a year for accident & injury.

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6446802 09/10/16 11:00 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don't have any. Never would have used it in 16 years.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6446808 09/10/16 11:08 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Bill, I wouldn't think you would need it at lawn tractor speeds

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6446914 09/11/16 12:55 AM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Try Kathy McGarry at Germania. She has my tractor and Mule insured. The Mule includes off premises since it stays on the lease. Her number is 940-437-2378. Tell her I sent you. She is very nice and always helpful.
She was recommended to me by jetdad and now I am recommending her.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6446979 09/11/16 01:29 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Kathy's great to deal with.

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6447331 09/11/16 02:38 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
What do you want to cover?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: bill oxner] #6447391 09/11/16 03:25 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
What do you want to cover?

A UTV Bill
I haven't bought anything yet. Unfortunately I'm not a retired high roller and will have to finance some of it and am trying to figure out what I will be in for a month.

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6448446 09/12/16 12:38 PM
hetman Offline
"Trash Master"
"Trash Master"
when I bought my can Am last year I had them add it to my Allstate Insurance & anyone who rides or drives it is insured /theft/fire/basically full coverage $500. as it is at the lease year round I would at least get theft and personal liability if anyone else drives it.

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: BigPig] #6449668 09/13/16 02:24 AM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: BigPig

Ours isn't insured because if it's on a trailer it's covered by vehicle insurance, and if it's in the garage it's covered under house insurance. We have insurance for injury and if we injure ourselves or anybody else then we are covered.

You can find insurance through Progressive, I think it runs around $90 a year for vehicle only coverage and $200 a year for accident & injury.

BigPig i hope you have read your policy and not just taking someones word on your coverage. Personal auto coverage normally doesnt provide any coverage for items being hauled. Also most homeowners policies have a motorized vehicle exclusion and will not consider your utv as contents.

Progressive is very good at insuring toys.

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Leonardo] #6449703 09/13/16 02:54 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Leonardo

BigPig i hope you have read your policy and not just taking someones word on your coverage. Personal auto coverage normally doesnt provide any coverage for items being hauled. Also most homeowners policies have a motorized vehicle exclusion and will not consider your utv as contents.

I have. Many many times. I have both home and auto through the same company. If truck is parked in driveway and is broken into that's auto policy, but if it's in the garage and broke into, say with garage door open, that's home owners policy. I have been through it with a fine tooth comb, for the very reason you mentioned.

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: BigPig] #6452514 09/15/16 12:33 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Leonardo

I have. Many many times. I have both home and auto through the same company. If truck is parked in driveway and is broken into that's auto policy, but if it's in the garage and broke into, say with garage door open, that's home owners policy. I have been through it with a fine tooth comb, for the very reason you mentioned.

Totaled my $29 K polaris at the lease - hit a pot hole at dark and it destroyed it - insurance covered it - I ALWAYS insure my RTVS - also what happens when towing it and you wreck it? No auto or HO will pay for it

Not talking about mechanical issues - talking about wrecking it

Last edited by tlk; 09/15/16 12:34 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6453183 09/15/16 02:06 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
"BigPig i hope you have read your policy and not just taking someones word on your coverage. Personal auto coverage normally doesnt provide any coverage for items being hauled. Also most homeowners policies have a motorized vehicle exclusion and will not consider your utv as contents."

State Farm agent that I have had for 39 years said my UTV was covered at the ranch. I asked that he send me that in writing after reading post here on THF and a week later he sheepishly called and said it was not covered at all while at the ranch and neither was my tractor that he had told me was. He also said that State Farm was not going to cover them.

My advise, learned almost the hard way is; ask your agent to put it in writing and then see what happens. I did get coverage for both, and again I have to thank everyone here at THF, especially jetdad who put me in contact with
Kathy McGarry at Germania. She has my tractor and Mule insured. The Mule includes off premises since it stays on the lease. Her number is 940-437-2378.

Last edited by Mr. T.; 09/15/16 02:07 PM.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Mr. T.] #6498994 10/17/16 03:29 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
"BigPig i hope you have read your policy and not just taking someones word on your coverage. Personal auto coverage normally doesnt provide any coverage for items being hauled. Also most homeowners policies have a motorized vehicle exclusion and will not consider your utv as contents."

State Farm agent that I have had for 39 years said my UTV was covered at the ranch. I asked that he send me that in writing after reading post here on THF and a week later he sheepishly called and said it was not covered at all while at the ranch and neither was my tractor that he had told me was. He also said that State Farm was not going to cover them.

My advise, learned almost the hard way is; ask your agent to put it in writing and then see what happens. I did get coverage for both, and again I have to thank everyone here at THF, especially jetdad who put me in contact with
Kathy McGarry at Germania. She has my tractor and Mule insured. The Mule includes off premises since it stays on the lease. Her number is 940-437-2378.

I agree with Mr. T. and IMO many people are taking risks that I don't think would be covered for first party property damage while towing, off premises, in garage or third party injury if someone were riding it and were injured by a personal auto or personal homeowners if this UTV/4 wheeler is not scheduled on policy. I have handled way to many atv/utv accidents/fatalities over the years in this business on such coverages. Insurance agents are sales persons but it is the insurance company and claim representative that make the actual coverage determinations on the policy contracts. My advise is to speak directly with your insurance underwriter and claims mgr (not agent) about your coverage and intent.

Re: Cheapest insurance coverage for utv [Re: Brother in-law] #6499065 10/17/16 04:28 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I would have to have fine print in front of me. My homeowners policy specifically says it doesn't cover vehicles. I believe most auto insurance companies don't even cover vehicle contents. If your utv gets stolen your auto insurance isn't going to cover it. I think tow vehicle insurance extends to liability of the trailer while on the road, but that's it.

It's hell eatin em live
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide