Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,023
Posts9,732,035
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
any info on "hatfield" brand shotguns now at walmart? #6441491 09/07/16 05:53 AM
O
okjhutch Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
O
I picked up a sale add today when I went into Wal-Mart and they had for sale a single shot and semi auto shotguns branded as "Hatfield".
I went back to sporting goods and they were all sold out and of course they sales person did not know anything about them or could not find any info on them or about them, could not even tell when the next shipment is coming in, the semi auto looks nice and the add says walnut stock. I want to put one in my hands and check it out to see if its worth buying one they come in 12 and 20 with vent rib.

I was wonder if anyone else has seen this or bought one or knows anything about them, I would like to know more about them.

thanks in advance, and good luck to all hunting this year.

Re: any info on "hatfield" brand shotguns now at walmart? [Re: okjhutch] #6441533 09/07/16 11:38 AM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Imported from Turkey. Most Turkish and Russian imports, especially the break open guns, are good guns for the money though usually (not always) a bit heavier than finer guns. On the semi's it might be best to wait on some reliable reviews due to all the moving parts. The Hatfield guns are recoil operated I believe. P_102

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: any info on "hatfield" brand shotguns now at walmart? [Re: okjhutch] #6442073 09/07/16 05:15 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Wonder if those sell on the Kentucky side of the Tug Fork. (Hatfield-McCoy feud)

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: any info on "hatfield" brand shotguns now at walmart? [Re: okjhutch] #6446750 09/10/16 10:00 PM
O
okjhutch Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
O
I had read on some other forums where a guy went to a walmart and they had some, they allowed him to look at it and break it down, know this is what his comments on it was, "the chokes are berretta chokes and rated for steel shot, they come with IC, MOD, & F. It has a gas valve like the weatherby SA-08, the tube & single side action bar like the berretta 300 series, he also said the stock seemed to be laminated or syth with the walnut vanier over it unlike what the add in the flyer says,(it says checkered walnut stock)he also said it has a medium vent rib with a single bead front sight.

Another guy had mentioned he took his out and put a little over 100 rounds thru his and it jammed 4 times, but once he figured out which pistion (it comes with 2 like the weatherby SA-08, light or heavy) to have in with the right load it cycled great. And also to load it, the action has to be closed and have had pulled the trigger as to of fired it, then in 2 shells then pull the action to put one in the chamber and then put in the 3rd round in the tube. That kind of like the weatherby sa-08 and Churchill I have. This leads me to believe the maker may have take the parts of a few shotguns to put into the manufacturing of this one. Who knows.

Either way it sounds like from a lot of the other reviews on other forums that this one appears to be a good shotgun over all. For the price of $226 is still hard to beat, use it for a loaner or a back up or someones first shotgun or for a door prize. I have check around several walmarts to try and look at one first hand but everyone has been sold out and some are on layway.

I would like to have one just cuz it is a good deal, but I don't need it. I may wait for other to buy them and give us the reviews.

Re: any info on "hatfield" brand shotguns now at walmart? [Re: okjhutch] #6446786 09/10/16 10:45 PM
D
Dalep Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
You've sparked my interest

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide