Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6446206 09/10/16 02:13 PM
Bbcat78 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
popcorn

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: stxranchman] #6446215 09/10/16 02:23 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E

Thanks for the link. I blocked him just to avoid considering him for a hunt in the future.

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: dkershen] #6446421 09/10/16 04:45 PM
B
bphillips Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: dkershen
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Does he guide or just connect guides and people for a fee?

They are brokers. No value add to using one. The just jack up the price and pass it on to you. Always do direct business with the ranch or guide if at all possible.

Yep I got burned by one that used to advertise here for a $4k deposit for Alaska moose hunt. Weird thing was he set me up on a good hunt prior to that then just stole it and disappeared. A Canadian broker and supposedly the "business" is done now.

Darcy Tkach is his name just so nobody gets burned if he ever tries posting again. Don't remember screen name

[Linked Image]
Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6446964 09/11/16 01:19 AM
L
Lonnie Paul Walker Jr. Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Dang I am sorry, but I knew something was up with them. They have called me for years now, an I just kept being nice telling them thanks anyway, I am good on my own. I hope everyone gets there money out of these crooks !

Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Outfitter / Professional Guide
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: bphillips] #6448490 09/12/16 01:31 PM
E
EddieWalker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: bphillips

They are brokers. No value add to using one. The just jack up the price and pass it on to you. Always do direct business with the ranch or guide if at all possible.

Yep I got burned by one that used to advertise here for a $4k deposit for Alaska moose hunt. Weird thing was he set me up on a good hunt prior to that then just stole it and disappeared. A Canadian broker and supposedly the "business" is done now.

Darcy Tkach is his name just so nobody gets burned if he ever tries posting again. Don't remember screen name

He emailed me some stuff on a moose hunt in AK, but when I asked him specific questions, he couldn't answer me. He claimed the hunt was based out of the outfitters home and they hunted from boat every day. I didn't like the idea of staying in the house with an unknown number of other hunters, and then everyone getting in a boat every morning and heading out to find a moose in an area full of other hunters also heading out to find a moose. I later met the outfitter at the Dallas Safari Club show and asked him about Darcy. He said that he had never met the guy and had only spoke to him on the phone, agreeing to take out guys he sent to him, but that he hadn't had sent anybody yet. The outfitter also clarified that the hunts where many miles from his house in tent camps along the water miles apart from his other hunters. Nobody was going back to the house until they had their animal, or it was time to go home.

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6448647 09/12/16 03:32 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: Zachary Symm
Update: I was able to get Kevin on the phone this morning and after some excuses about the business, he agreed to meet me today and provide a check for the refund. I will provide further update later today.

Where you able to get your money refunded?

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: EddieWalker] #6448912 09/12/16 06:51 PM
B
bphillips Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Originally Posted By: bphillips

He emailed me some stuff on a moose hunt in AK, but when I asked him specific questions, he couldn't answer me. He claimed the hunt was based out of the outfitters home and they hunted from boat every day. I didn't like the idea of staying in the house with an unknown number of other hunters, and then everyone getting in a boat every morning and heading out to find a moose in an area full of other hunters also heading out to find a moose. I later met the outfitter at the Dallas Safari Club show and asked him about Darcy. He said that he had never met the guy and had only spoke to him on the phone, agreeing to take out guys he sent to him, but that he hadn't had sent anybody yet. The outfitter also clarified that the hunts where many miles from his house in tent camps along the water miles apart from his other hunters. Nobody was going back to the house until they had their animal, or it was time to go home.

Yea I had talked to him (the outfitter) on the phone during the whole thing so I knew what to expect on the hunt just no money ever got passed along. Lesson learned I will deal direct from now on

Last edited by bphillips; 09/12/16 06:52 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6449135 09/12/16 09:01 PM
Zach S Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Update: thankfully I was finally able to get a refund check. Happy to have to done with finally!

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6449529 09/13/16 12:45 AM
C
CitySlickerHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Zachary Symm
Update: thankfully I was finally able to get a refund check. Happy to have to done with finally!
I hope it clears...... boxing

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6450029 09/13/16 01:49 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Think these guys used to post hunts on here as well confused2

gunnhook http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/6255237/Searchpage/1/Main/501801/Words/gunnhook/Search/true/145-160"_Whitetail_Hu#Post6255237

Last edited by talkturkey; 09/13/16 01:52 PM.
Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: Zach S] #6483046 10/06/16 03:03 AM
L
lrob13 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
I too, booked a Gunn and Hook hunt in March for my husband as a wedding gift. We flew to Texas from Florida in August for a 2 hour heli-hog hunt. The forecast for the day of our hunt had rain so I suggested that we move it to the day before, "no, no, we'll get you in the air." Long story short, they took us up for the first hour and we saw a whole 2 animals, one hog, one coyote. The field they took us too was obviously very over hunted. It started to sprinkle and the pilot took us back (15 minutes+ flight there and 15 mins+ flight back, less than 30 mins hunting time.) They then told us it was unsafe to fly (understandable) and said they had "filming' later on so we wouldn't be able to fly the rest of that day. The guy agreed in text and verbal to refund the 2nd hour of our trip. This hunt alone cost me $2899. Fast forward 1.5 months, I cant get anyone on the phone. Kevin is the only one to reply and is suppose to be working on it but you can call G&H all day and no one will pick up. The guy that actually runs the heli-operation hasn't replied to any of our texts, our phone messages or emails. Im a stay at home mom. It took me forever to save that money and now they have basically stole it. They weren't willing to fly us, they promised a refund, we did not agree to go back (we live in FL with a business and 5 kids) and it is making me sick I cant get anyone to respond.

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: LandPirate] #6483068 10/06/16 03:13 AM
L
lrob13 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
I am waiting on a refund for a heli-hog hunt that was cancelled on us. However, I cant get in touch with anyone. No one picks up the phone when I call and the actually outfitter has not replied to a call, text or email. I am sick over the amount of money I am out. I send Kevin (I read the owner) an email last night and he has been the only one to be productive but if I cant get any answers who do I contact? We live in Florida! WE have a family friend lawyer that I am going to bring this up with but this is not good business!

Re: BEWARE!!! Do not book Gunn & Hook [Re: lrob13] #6485057 10/07/16 02:24 PM
L
lrob13 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
I finally got everyone talking. The booking agent supposedly never paid the outfitter, they weren't on the same page with who was suppose to refund and after a terrible, but honest Facebook review I started getting some answers. I had to stay on top and harass them which I felt horrible about but integrity guys!! So, I actually did my refund after a month and a half but it wasnt easy. BOOK directly with the hunting place in the future. Avoid the middle man!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide