Colorado Units with chronic wasting disease detected #6432798 08/31/16 02:27 PM
C
Chunky Monkey Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
What is this exactly?

Re: Colorado Units with chronic wasting disease detected [Re: Chunky Monkey] #6432866 08/31/16 03:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
CO is ground zero for CWD discovery/naming it. They have officially obsessed it for 40 years

Those areas have had positive hits. You should observe special caution in those area via meat transportation. De-bonding and skull caps with no brain material basically. CO has a section on it website for regulations. Nothing I would worry about personally

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Colorado Units with chronic wasting disease detected [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6432909 08/31/16 03:29 PM
C
Chunky Monkey Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
CO is ground zero for CWD discovery/naming it. They have officially obsessed it for 40 years

Those areas have had positive hits. You should observe special caution in those area via meat transportation. De-bonding and skull caps with no brain material basically. CO has a section on it website for regulations. Nothing I would worry about personally

What do you mean de-bonding and skull caps with no material?

Re: Colorado Units with chronic wasting disease detected [Re: Chunky Monkey] #6432934 08/31/16 03:45 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
46ish years.

I have heard about it and even hunted a few units that claim to have tested positive, iirc, they will test them statewide if you submit it to a biologist, I also think some units require testing, but not sure on that. I know it has spread in the last 35 years, or at least has been found.

Here is a interesting article:
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2015/06/re...e/#.V8b4BDVS3E8

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Colorado Units with chronic wasting disease detected [Re: Chunky Monkey] #6432952 08/31/16 03:53 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Think he meant de-boning. Bring only de-boned meat and cleaned skull cap/antlers back with you. Dispose of the bones and rest of the skull there. As long as CWD has been around(long before it was discovered), I am sure people have eaten game that has had CWD and they did not even know it.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Colorado Units with chronic wasting disease detected [Re: stxranchman] #6433349 08/31/16 08:42 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Think he meant de-boning. Bring only de-boned meat and cleaned skull cap/antlers back with you. Dispose of the bones and rest of the skull there. As long as CWD has been around(long before it was discovered), I am sure people have eaten game that has had CWD and they did not even know it.

Correct.

Also not really relative in the case since you will most likely be traveling through tx/Oklahoma, but be aware of state transportation laws through some states. Example Arizona has unquie transportation laws of carcasses

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide