Forums46
Topics538,032
Posts9,732,155
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Is it possible to obtain your CHL entirely on line? [Re: Toxarch] #6489640 10/10/16 10:46 PM
C
Creedmoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Toxarch

If explaining to the judge why you have an out of state LTC, couldn't you just bring up the above Texas Code? Apply for a few jobs there if you need proof of intent to establish residency in the future.

IF I ever have to use my firearm to protect myself, I don't want anything to come up that might make me look like a criminal or a person who tries to side step the laws. And in my opinion, getting a permit from another state just because you're too lazy or hard headed to go through a 1 day process could make you look bad to a judge or jury. And rightfully so in a lot of people's eyes. Remember that there will be an aggressive lawyer trying to make you look guilty while the family of the dirtbag you shot sits there crying.

What's the old saying ... "You only get 1 chance to make a 1st impression". I want my 1st impression in court to be as upstanding as is possible.

Why cut corners when it's so darn easy to go about it properly?

There's a fine line between BRAVE ... and STUPID.

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
Re: Is it possible to obtain your CHL entirely on line? [Re: BenBob] #6489697 10/10/16 11:43 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I agree with getting a Texas LTC if you are a Texas resident. I know that states like Colorado will only recognize licenses of citizens of the issuing state. So if you are a Texas resident, and you have a Tennessee LTC, it will not be valid in Colorado even if Colorado reciprocates with Tennessee.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Is it possible to obtain your CHL entirely on line? [Re: BenBob] #6490594 10/11/16 04:41 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I met a couple of guys who are Texas LTC instructors, who also are instructors for other states. Their reasoning for offering another states out of state CCW license "in addition to the Texas LTC" was to up there combinations of states on the reciprocity agreements.

I live in Texas, My Drivers License is from Texas, my CHL is from Texas I think I will just keep it that way.

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Is it possible to obtain your CHL entirely on line? [Re: Toxarch] #6490746 10/11/16 06:17 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I agree with getting a Texas LTC if you are a Texas resident. I know that states like Colorado will only recognize licenses of citizens of the issuing state. So if you are a Texas resident, and you have a Tennessee LTC, it will not be valid in Colorado even if Colorado reciprocates with Tennessee.

I thought some states also require you to have residency in that state to be a valid Chl. Not a lawyer ymmv

Re: Is it possible to obtain your CHL entirely on line? [Re: Cleric] #6492014 10/12/16 02:07 PM
R
ronlhodges Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Cleric

I thought some states also require you to have residency in that state to be a valid Chl. Not a lawyer ymmv

http://dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/faqs/index.htm

11. Do I have to be a resident of Texas to obtain a Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)?

No. Per Texas Government Code §411.173, legal residents of another state or persons who relocate to Texas with the intent to establish residency may obtain an LTC. Those individuals must submit an application, pay the required fees, successfully complete the required training in Texas and submit all supporting documents. They also must submit form CHL-6, two passport style photos and a copy of their out of state driver license or state issued identification card. Note, however, that all LTC applicants must be legal residents of Texas or another state.

Re: Is it possible to obtain your CHL entirely on line? [Re: ronlhodges] #6492536 10/12/16 07:13 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: ronlhodges
Originally Posted By: Cleric

http://dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/faqs/index.htm

11. Do I have to be a resident of Texas to obtain a Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC)?

No. Per Texas Government Code §411.173, legal residents of another state or persons who relocate to Texas with the intent to establish residency may obtain an LTC. Those individuals must submit an application, pay the required fees, successfully complete the required training in Texas and submit all supporting documents. They also must submit form CHL-6, two passport style photos and a copy of their out of state driver license or state issued identification card. Note, however, that all LTC applicants must be legal residents of Texas or another state.

Actually yes as my point was done states require you have your home states
Quote:
Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. You are considered a resident of whichever state issued your ID. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide