Forum Stats
60412 Members
45 Forums
475564 Topics
6238609 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#6416624 - 08/19/16 11:52 PM Making some more sausage.....
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Rockport, Tx.
My big baby girl rinsing casings..She's my best helper in the kitchen. Her brother is more focused on football and his girlfriend. grin

Meat ground/mixed/ready to stuff...this is a mild batch so that my little ones will like it. Spicy to come later....

Stuffed, and will chill in the fridge until I knock the dust off the smokehouse manyana...

Only made a small batch this time (25 lbs). Wanted to make 50 but lost my help. My oldest boy is about to leave for college and the kids & their cousins wanted to go watch movies so, OK....I'll just do 25 lbs of breakfast sausage tomorrow with the rest. Didn't really want to fire up the smokehouse for just 25 lbs but oh well. Wanted to send a cooler of sausage & other things with him. More pics to come......

#6416729 - 08/20/16 07:09 AM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
BigCohiba Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Huffman, TX
Looks awesome. grill

#6416862 - 08/20/16 10:16 AM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity

food

#6416895 - 08/20/16 10:56 AM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
I don't know how you are set for weapons....but that girl is a sweetie.....beautiful young lady (thank God I had boys)......anything I have (guns, knives, spears, large rocks, etc.) that you might use to intimidate any young gentlemen into treating her with respect and admiration she deserves is yours for the asking....

All kidding aside.....You have a some wonderful kids Sir! up They are blessed to have a man like you as their father....

....sausage looks great too.... food

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6416899 - 08/20/16 11:01 AM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
bill oxner Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Richmond
food

#6416925 - 08/20/16 11:37 AM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
CitySlickerHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Tarrant County,TX
grill

#6417059 - 08/20/16 01:42 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: SnakeWrangler]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I don't know how you are set for weapons....but that girl is a sweetie.....beautiful young lady (thank God I had boys)......anything I have (guns, knives, spears, large rocks, etc.) that you might use to intimidate any young gentlemen into treating her with respect and admiration she deserves is yours for the asking....

All kidding aside.....You have a some wonderful kids Sir! up They are blessed to have a man like you as their father....

....sausage looks great too.... food

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. As far as weapons...well, I'll just say there's a few around. grin I actually just picked up a new carry gun in 45 ACP, love this gun.

Bout to fire up the smokehouse, more pics to come....

#6417249 - 08/20/16 04:35 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

In they go. I have GOT to build a sausage table so I have more room to work with and can measure length/weight better, I was off on a few. Bothers me that they're not the same length but oh well.

#6417276 - 08/20/16 04:53 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
In they go. I have GOT to build a sausage table so I have more room to work with and can measure length/weight better, I was off on a few. Bothers me that they're not the same length but oh well.

They'll all eat the same, one bite at a time! Looks great! I'm making a 1 lb test batch tomorrow to judge some spices, then will make 40lbs next weekend.

I need a great jalapeno-cheddar link sausage recipe, if anybody has one.

#6417341 - 08/20/16 05:43 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
pertnear Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Kingsland, TX
Making sausage??

You guys must be cleaning out the freezer getting ready for deer season.

Looks great, but I usually wait for cooler weather. I must say, that batch is making me envious & has got me thinking!

My Texas blog: http://thedrchronicles.com/

#6417389 - 08/20/16 06:19 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

They'll all eat the same, one bite at a time! Looks great! I'm making a 1 lb test batch tomorrow to judge some spices, then will make 40lbs next weekend.

I need a great jalapeno-cheddar link sausage recipe, if anybody has one.

I use AC Legg's Old Plantation seasoning and add to it. I like it a lot. What I've done in the past, is use that brand of seasoning and added to it minced garlic/butchers grind black pepper/Hungarian Smoked Paprika/fresh minced jalapenos/high temp cheese. I have not yet added regular cheddar out of fear of it melting too much but I plan on doing so soon....and thank you.

#6417397 - 08/20/16 06:25 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: pertnear]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: pertnear
Making sausage??

You guys must be cleaning out the freezer getting ready for deer season.

Looks great, but I usually wait for cooler weather. I must say, that batch is making me envious & has got me thinking!

roflmao No Sir/Ma'am...I make sausage year round. When I run out I make more, even if it's 100 degrees. If it's cold enough out I prefer to do most of the dirty work outside. If not, I do it in the kitchen. There are a number of things I like to cook that require a good quality smoked pork sausage. Nothing I have ever found in any store can come close to the flavor of a good homemade smoked sausage....so come snow/sleet/burning heat I gettrdone! grin

#6417403 - 08/20/16 06:28 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity

I've got a BUNCH of Nilgai meat coming and am about to make a bunch more. I have estimated my smokehouse to be able to handle 100-120 lbs of rings at a time, about to put her to the test. up

#6417552 - 08/20/16 08:00 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
SnakeWrangler Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
I've got a BUNCH of Nilgai meat coming and am about to make a bunch more. I have estimated my smokehouse to be able to handle 100-120 lbs of rings at a time, about to put her to the test. up
flehan

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6417576 - 08/20/16 08:21 PM Re: Making some more sausage..... [Re: skinnerback]
bobcat1 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Sanger, Texas

I can get you an address to send those imperfect ones too. food

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide