6246676 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6412367 - 08/17/16 11:03 AM Montana Elk Hunting
Two Bear Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Montana
Two Bear Outfitters has Lodge Hunts available for 2016, and left over tags for bull elk are still available through FWP. We are also opening bookings for 2017 elk camps. Give us a call, or a visit at www.elkoutfitters.com

Thanks!

#6413530 - 08/17/16 09:35 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
Justin Spies Offline
Light Foot

Really been looking into New Mexico for 2017 hadn't thought about Montana, are tags easy to get for archery? What's yalls opportunity and success rates like?

#6414193 - 08/18/16 11:18 AM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
Two Bear Offline
Outdoorsman

Montana tags are by draw, however, since we never sell out tags it is 100%. Draw deadline is March 15th, 2017 for next years hunts. In fact, we have leftover tags still available for this season, that is why we are booking lodge hunts. All of our camps are booked for this year as they go pretty quick. As for opportunities, if our archery hunters are willing to hunt and get on it, they will get their opportunity. What they do with that opportunity(s) is up to the hunter. We have had guys miss multiple bulls in the same morning, lol. If a hunter hangs out in his tent and drinks whisky, prolly not going to get an opportunity. In general, no matter who the outfitter is, if you are willing to put in the effort your chances of success skyrocket. We have elk, and some world class calibers to boot, but the bigger the elk the more rare they are, and that is true with any species in the world. References are attached to our website and those fellas can tell you what it is like. At the end of the day, its about having fun, being safe, and getting hard working folks into bulls. Thanks!

#6414501 - 08/18/16 02:43 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
Not interested in a late season hunt but a buddy and I may be interested in and early archery hunt next fall.
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#6415198 - 08/18/16 10:27 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
Two Bear Offline
Outdoorsman

Well passthru have a look at the website, we got early season archery for 2017 and I believe it is open. We book camp hunts quick though, plus we typically do about 10-12 repeat clients a year and that takes a good chunk of camp space. I got some pics posted up in the photo section too for yall to view if your interested.

#6417193 - 08/20/16 03:57 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

I looked at your website and we are discussing it.

#6417203 - 08/20/16 04:01 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: passthru]
dgilbert Offline
6 pack abs

Originally Posted By: passthru

Or you could go a bear hunt with us next spring! up

#6418386 - 08/21/16 03:10 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: passthru]
Two Bear Offline
Outdoorsman

Sounds good passthru, let me know if you have any questions, I'm always happy to discuss elk huntin;-)

#6418426 - 08/21/16 03:48 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
I too have your website saved. If I'm able to come up in the next year or two, I will. 'Hunted the Bob with an outfitter a couple of times and miss the mountains terribly.

#6419490 - 08/22/16 10:20 AM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: dgilbert]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: dgilbert

Or you could go a bear hunt with us next spring! up

I still haven't found a reason to kill a goat/ram or a bear. Now elk taste sooooo good.

I do appreciate the invite though.

#6419509 - 08/22/16 10:28 AM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Two Bear
Sounds good passthru, let me know if you have any questions, I'm always happy to discuss elk huntin;-)

I will be calling you. I've done four DIY elk hunts in Colorado. Three with rifle and one archery. I had ops on all of the hunts and killed two with my rifle, missed one with my bow. Passed some with my bow I regretted later.

I have a group of three who would be joining me but I need to make sure that when I'm asking guys to commit that amount of money and time we are going with an outfitter that is going to put us in an area with elk that we can see and hunt. I know getting archery close is a whole other challenge. But my personal experience is if I'm in an area with elk I can get the ops.

I am making the decision on where we go so before I commit to someone or some place I will be researching and making sure we aren't going to be dropped off in some area devoid of animals with Vienna sausages and crackers for a week and feel disappointed and ripped off. I want to make sure I get my friends in a good situation because I feel personally responsible for the out come.

#6421184 - 08/23/16 01:57 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: passthru]
Two Bear Offline
Outdoorsman

LOl, crackers and sausages? Na, we just drop you off on the top of the mountain and let you know where to find a creek for fish, and bush for grouse:-) Actually, if you see our website we supply all the drop camp food via our camp cook. I appreciate your concern and I agree outfits should be vetted. Most of the horror stories I hear are from folks who just didn't do their research. We have reviews online and reference list on our website etc. Our reference list always includes guys who hunted with us for the first time last year, guys who have done a few hunts, archery guys, rifle guys, drop camp guys, fully guided guys, and semi-guided hunters.

#6421187 - 08/23/16 01:58 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Creekrunner]
Two Bear Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
I too have your website saved. If I'm able to come up in the next year or two, I will. 'Hunted the Bob with an outfitter a couple of times and miss the mountains terribly.

Good deal. Yup, to me there just is nothing like the rocky mountains and elk camp in the fall, love it. elk hunting can be real addictive too!

#6421346 - 08/23/16 04:09 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

I hear tell Montana elk are suffering from the wolves. Is that an issue in your area?

#6421350 - 08/23/16 04:10 PM Re: Montana Elk Hunting [Re: Two Bear]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Two Bear
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

Good deal. Yup, to me there just is nothing like the rocky mountains and elk camp in the fall, love it. elk hunting can be real addictive too!

The smell of elk in the timber is so addictive. It makes the hair on your neck stand up and is something you never lose the desire to smell again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide