Print Thread
Cabela's/Vortex Optics #6408849 08/15/16 02:58 PM
C
cjs0134 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
C
Saw today a promo that Vortex and Cabela's have a new series of cobranded optics. Currently, just one scope, bino, and spotting scope.

Was wondering what you all have heard about this? Are these optics made by vortex with cabela's name painted on or is cabela's making them and adding the vortex name? Wondering who will handle the warranty, should I expect Vortex's reputation or cabela's?

Re: Cabela's/Vortex Optics [Re: cjs0134] #6408944 08/15/16 04:12 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Cabella's doe not "make" anything, they are purely and simply a big box retailer that commissions manufacturers, like Whirlpool, to make things for them' like Sears does with appliances. Whirlpool is Out of Bidnizz I'm told so Sears is gonna have to "make a change " or go out the Appliance bidnizz....or use one of the off shore guys like LG from ummm? Brazil.

Dunno who was making the Pine Tree line of scopes for Cabellas but it sounds like they've had a change in the sourceing of that Private Label brand of product line.

Private labeling is really common in the food business. When I moved back home to Dallas from Chicago in '75, I worked for a refrigerated fresh dough manufacturer that had contracts with every large grocery chain in the US to supply thier private label store brand products from English Muffins & Toaster Pastry's to biscuits, pizza dough, sweet rolls and cookies - whatever Pillsbury made, so did we & at lots cheaper retail prices...and we were owned by the 3rd largest bread bakery manufacturer in the US that did the same thing for store brand bread prodcuts.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 08/15/16 04:18 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Cabela's/Vortex Optics [Re: cjs0134] #6408982 08/15/16 04:48 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Look around Cabela's or BassPro and you can find store brands that are made by familiar companies.

Cabela's Euro optics made by Meopta
Cabela's compound bows by Bowtec
Cabela's Recurve bows by Fleetwood or Martin

BassPro also have different bows made by Bowtec but labeled Redhead

Some of the products in Cabela's have the actual manufacture listed on them or the packaging while others do not.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Cabela's/Vortex Optics [Re: WileyCoyote] #6410501 08/16/16 01:22 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
Cabella's doe not "make" anything, they are purely and simply a big box retailer that commissions manufacturers, like Whirlpool, to make things for them' like Sears does with appliances. Whirlpool is Out of Bidnizz I'm told so Sears is gonna have to "make a change " or go out the Appliance bidnizz....or use one of the off shore guys like LG from ummm? Brazil.

Dunno who was making the Pine Tree line of scopes for Cabellas but it sounds like they've had a change in the sourceing of that Private Label brand of product line.

Private labeling is really common in the food business. When I moved back home to Dallas from Chicago in '75, I worked for a refrigerated fresh dough manufacturer that had contracts with every large grocery chain in the US to supply thier private label store brand products from English Muffins & Toaster Pastry's to biscuits, pizza dough, sweet rolls and cookies - whatever Pillsbury made, so did we & at lots cheaper retail prices...and we were owned by the 3rd largest bread bakery manufacturer in the US that did the same thing for store brand bread prodcuts.
Ron

I doubt Whirlpool is out of business they may have quit or changed thier agreements with Sears which were long running and profitable back when.
Whirlpool owned several brands such as KitchenAid/ Maytag/ heck they may even own LG not sure who controls who these days but I do know I still get updates on my retirement and my credit union account from Whirlpool from my employeement there over 25 years ago.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Cabela's/Vortex Optics [Re: cjs0134] #6410680 08/16/16 03:18 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Dunno, seems like I saw it in the DMN couple months ago. What caught my attention was we were in the process of demoing the Kitchen & Laundry room, and not finding much selection anywhere for the replacement items at the price points we needed to be at. In April we bought a 50 year old custom home @ $47 a foot & 50% under Tax Appraisal... and have spent 50% more so far than was budgeted, with all of it out of pocket...so ALL the Reno plans will have to wait.

Every kitchen appliance we own is a Kenmore or Whirlpool, as I've had good experiences with the Sears Repair Program, and not so much elsewhere with independent repairmen, so I'm not looking forward to them going out of business any time soon and chasing parts in the coming years. . Just bought a new stove & OH Microwave combo, and a 28' 3 door frig in the last 60 days...Sale Prices were awesome on closeout models from the local Sears Franchise Homestore.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 08/16/16 03:28 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Cabela's/Vortex Optics [Re: cjs0134] #6410736 08/16/16 03:46 PM
R
ronlhodges Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Whirlpool is not out of business . As matter of fact the Whirlpool appliances you see at Sears are not true Whirlpool , they are actually Sears appliance with Whirlpool name attached . The only place I have bought appliances are at Lowes . I have bought two there and they were the ones that told me they are TRUE Whirlpool appliances and come straight from Whirlpool themselves . I also called Whirlpool and had that verified .

As far as the Vortex optics , Vortex are some of the best optics you can get on the market at a still decent price . I have a pair of binocs for my wife and they are excellent . I doubt Vortex would allow their name on some other brand of optics if they are not true Vortex optics . If they did and people found out that definitely would hurt Vortex in the long run . Vortex is still consider a new company for their length they have been in business .

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide