Forums46
Topics536,987
Posts9,719,158
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster #6408338 08/15/16 01:50 AM
S
Sparky45 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
S

The wife has several covey coming into her bird feeder several times a day

I thought this rooster was going to come up onto the porch

The only easy day was yesterday

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6408541 08/15/16 04:48 AM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
He's a beast

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6408629 08/15/16 12:06 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Great picture. It's a shame to shoot them. I'm getting soft in my old age.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6408689 08/15/16 01:04 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I won't shoot one...enjoyed hearing them as a kid....went too many years not hearing them to shoot one....soft in my old age too... up

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: SnakeWrangler] #6408693 08/15/16 01:08 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I won't shoot one...enjoyed hearing them as a kid....went too many years not hearing them to shoot one....soft in my old age too... up

I wish everyone would adopt a no shoot policy on quail. That would leave more for me.

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: scalebuster] #6408713 08/15/16 01:25 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: scalebuster

I wish everyone would adopt a no shoot policy on quail. That would leave more for me.

clap

Pee on Photobucket
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: bill oxner] #6408978 08/15/16 04:43 PM
S
Sparky45 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Great picture. It's a shame to shoot them. I'm getting soft in my old age.

agreed.

as much as I would like to hunt quail on my place this fall, I don't think the wife will stand for it
we have a healthy population , but its hard to want to hunt them when they have been so scarce in the last decade

The only easy day was yesterday

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: scalebuster] #6408985 08/15/16 04:50 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

You would shoot the house covey?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6410244 08/16/16 03:57 AM
C
cattle69 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
They all taste the same smile

[Linked Image]
President and cofounder of magical pellet club.
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: poisonivie] #6427251 08/27/16 11:32 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: poisonivie

clap

Me too, like the bass guys catch and release. Just leaves more for me to fry up and eat.

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6427254 08/27/16 11:37 PM
S
SaintsReturn Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Great picture! I love when hunters appreciate the animals they hunt or have hunted. Watching and hearing these birds is amazing, but I do like to eat them.

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6427365 08/28/16 01:09 AM
L
LReichardt Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
The hawks around us don't give em much of a break either.

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6445863 09/10/16 01:37 AM
G
Gamblinman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Quail populations come and go, but this year seems like a banner year. Better to hunt them now, than in the off years. Get them while you can.

Gman

" I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt turkeys because I have to."
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Gamblinman] #6445880 09/10/16 01:46 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Cracks me up that grown men let their emotions warp reality.

Quail are a prey species. We are a predator species. If we don't kill them and eat them... a yote, cat, hawk, or worm will. I prefer me to be the apex predator.

Silly silly emotional men.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: therancher] #6446798 09/10/16 10:58 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: therancher

Quail are a prey species. We are a predator species. If we don't kill them and eat them... a yote, cat, hawk, or worm will. I prefer me to be the apex predator.

You can count me as emotional. I just finished a book of fiction. I choked toward the end when the little deft girl found her daddy.

[Linked Image]

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: bill oxner] #6447501 09/11/16 05:23 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

You can count me as emotional. I just finished a book of fiction. I choked toward the end when the little deft girl found her daddy.

But, in that situation it's not warping your reality. Silly yes, but you knew going in and accept that it's fiction. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

But, when you let your emotion trump facts and it prohibits you from doing/enjoying doing what is natural and right, IMO that's a negative side of emotion driven behavior.

To each their own of course.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: bill oxner] #6450732 09/13/16 09:35 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

Nope, trap them.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: blackcoal] #6457078 09/18/16 03:19 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

Nope, trap them.

See!! Proof that no matter how far down you slip on the moral totum pole, there's always someone below ya! I would NEVER trap them.

I'd just wait till they pile up under the feeder and skillet shoot them. I'm couth like that... cheers

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6457088 09/18/16 03:36 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I only eat quail anymore to be polite when served by others. I never bring them home or cook them anymore and I was really good at it. I simply got burned out on them.

[Linked Image]

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6457123 09/18/16 04:04 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Not feeling the need to shoot everything you can just because you can doesn't make you silly. It just makes you human. We are a notch above other predators, because we have a brain which includes reason and emotion. Sometimes I enjoy NOT shooting something and just watching it do its thing. That's not a trait any other apex predator shares. If someone doesn't understand that they are pretty stunted in their emotional growth. IMO.

It's fine to shoot what you want within the legal limits. It's also fine to choose not to shoot everything you legally can. In fact, the "limit shooters" should be grateful to the "non-limit shooters" (instead of demeaning them) because it allows limits to be as liberal as they are....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: therancher] #6457144 09/18/16 04:20 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

But, in that situation it's not warping your reality. Silly yes, but you knew going in and accept that it's fiction. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

But, when you let your emotion trump facts and it prohibits you from doing/enjoying doing what is natural and right, IMO that's a negative side of emotion driven behavior.

To each their own of course.

Lighten up Francis, go ride a hoverboard. grin

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6457145 09/18/16 04:20 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Not feeling the need to shoot everything you can just because you can doesn't make you silly. It just makes you human. We are a notch above other predators, because we have a brain which includes reason and emotion. Sometimes I enjoy NOT shooting something and just watching it do its thing. That's not a trait any other apex predator shares. If someone doesn't understand that they are pretty stunted in their emotional growth. IMO.

It's fine to shoot what you want within the legal limits. It's also fine to choose not to shoot everything you legally can. In fact, the "limit shooters" should be grateful to the "non-limit shooters" (instead of demeaning them) because it allows limits to be as liberal as they are....

That's awfully sweet. But of course, pure bs. I see game animals all the time and only shoot them when they are legal and I'm hungry or want a nice trophy.

I'm also aware of the fact that liberal limits have no bearing on quail populations. But you go ahead and believe what you want. And I'll keep enjoying thousands of quail.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: therancher] #6457157 09/18/16 04:26 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

That's awfully sweet. But of course, pure bs. I see game animals all the time and only shoot them when they are legal and I'm hungry or want a nice trophy.

I'm also aware of the fact that liberal limits have no bearing on quail populations. But you go ahead and believe what you want. And I'll keep enjoying thousands of quail.

Then quit demeaning others as "silly/emotional/sweet" for doing the same thing you do just so you can have some 3rd grade fun at what you perceive is someone else's expense.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6457220 09/18/16 05:00 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Then quit demeaning others as "silly/emotional/sweet" for doing the same thing you do just so you can have some 3rd grade fun at what you perceive is someone else's expense.

Lighten up sweetheart. I thought we were all grown men/women here.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Thats mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man rooster [Re: Sparky45] #6457240 09/18/16 05:14 PM
R
RayB Offline
red bone Bob
red bone Bob
R
I like watching my dog work, since he ranges pretty far I don't get to see a lot at times but nothing prettier than a dog working territory

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide