What I have.
About 450 acres just west of Corsicana. A quick trip out of Dallas. It is a working cattle ranch that uses rotational grazing. I have only owned it for a few months.
I am not a big hunter but here is what I see.
1. It will hunt 3 maybe 4 areas for deer. It is mostly open pasture but borders a large creek. It will need stands and feeders. I have seen some large bodied deer on the place and around the area.
2. It will hunt 2 maybe 3 good spots for ducks. It would need blinds. It has large tanks and a shallower duck slough. It should be very good for this. It is right in the middle of the main migration route.
3. It will hunt a large number of dove hunters around the ponds and mesquite trees close to the ponds. I am not sure how good it will be, Not a lot of crops close by.
4. It has some hogs. These are the one thing that I will shoot myself.
5. It has lots of room to camp out or park a self contained trailer. Electricity and water will be available in the near future, but not now. maybe by winter. Access can be had in all weather.
6. Bass fishing is excellent but is catch and release until I get a better handle on the health of the fisheries. I should have enough catfish (and maybe crappie) to take some.
What I am looking for.
A responsible family or close nit group to lease the whole thing throughout the hunting season, with the idea of making it a long term deal if both parties are in agreement. I am open to suggestions to make it better for you and worth your investment. I would rather have a small group that would pay extra for the exclusive use than try to have a large number of people for maximum amount of revenue.
Since this is my first year with this place, I will look at all offers or suggestions before a price is set. Please send your PM's with questions or ideas or if you want to look it over.