Print Thread
Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) #6390841 08/01/16 11:25 PM
T
themoonrulz Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
I just wanted to take a few minutes and share my experience with Ten Ten White Tails with the good folks of THF.

I wanted to get in a guys weekend with a few friends of mine. I contacted Danielle from Ten Ten Whitetails and decided to book with them. Danielle was very professional and courteous. She was very quick to reply to emails and phone calls. She answered all of my questions and was able to coordinate with the other two members of my party. She had extensive knowledge of her property and sent me many recent game cam pics. The three of us paid and headed up to Ten Ten Whitetails Friday morning.

The property: The property is located west of San Antonio near Los Maples state park. We were taken aback by the beauty of the area. I'm on a lease in Mason and this area is just as pretty if not better. We passed through countless hills and valleys on the way up there. The ranch itself had multiple elevation changes with beautiful scenic views. It was truly a beautiful slice of Texas land.

The people: Danielle and Zach were extremely gracious hosts. They went to the moon and back for our party. Zach worked tirelessly to put us on hogs. He truly has a passion for hunting. We worked Zach to the bone. He was constantly driving around in the Mule picking one person up, dropping off another, he did all of this with a huge smile on his face. We felt as if we were hanging out with one of the guys. His work ethic and great attitude really went a long way. He provided us with one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. Anything we needed he would provide. He brought us some coffee in the morning and got me some aspirin when my head was hurting. Zach is a family man with a great head on his shoulders. Zach guided us from 6 PM to 6 AM on the last night as one of my buddies hadn't shot a hog, he seemed to enjoy it just as much as we did. We all shared some great conversations and laughs, they made us feel really comfortable. Zach and Danielle put a lot of work into their organization and it really shows.

The hunt: Hogs, hogs everywhere!! The property has four blinds that range in yardage. I believe anywhere from 30-115 yards. Each blind is strategically placed in areas of the most hog traffic. The blinds are very well kept and extremely comfortable. Two of us were able to connect with hogs from the blinds. Zach will also drive around the ranch with a green spot light and have you shoot from outside of the Mule if he runs into one. I was able to connect with a 125 boar using this method. Zach also corns the roads so that we were able to connect with a hog eating corn in the middle of the road. We also hunted on foot. Zach is very familiar the the patterns of his animals, we were able to connect with some hogs on foot. Basically the man knows his stuff and will put you on some animals. He'll work his bottom off trying to get you on some pigs. How hard you hunt is up to you. We hunted for 22 hours during our weekend stay. Zach was with us the whole time with a smile on his face. We got 9 hogs during the whole trip, from 20 lbs to 150.

The summary: We had a blast, hands down one of the best hunts I have ever been on. These people will treat you right. Everything was excellent from the accommodations to the hunting. The three of us came back from the trip feeling fantastic. We all have places we can go to hunt. Despite this fact we have started to already talk about our next trip to Ten Ten Whitetails. I really needed some time to hang out with friends and enjoy the hobby that I love. I was able to accomplish this with Zach and Danielle. We had some good times, great laughs and amazing hunts. Zach and Danielle provided us with a great experience worth so much more than their fee. I'd like to thank them and let them know that I'll be back very very soon.

There is no way I could write up every detail of my experience. There is so much stuff I left out. If the members of THF have any questions regarding what kind of hunt Zach and Danielle will provide please feel free to message me. You will not regret booking with this outfitter.

Enjoy the pics! I wish we had taken more but we were too busy having a blast.

[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2016/08/full-40982-72485-img_1249.jpg[/img]
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2016/08/full-40982-72486-img_1250.jpg[/img]

A real hunter never returns empty handed. Spending time in the wilderness temporarily satifies the soul, but leaves us longing for more.
Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6390842 08/01/16 11:26 PM
T
themoonrulz Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T

A real hunter never returns empty handed. Spending time in the wilderness temporarily satifies the soul, but leaves us longing for more.
Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6390861 08/01/16 11:42 PM
T
themoonrulz Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Danielle is a member here if y'all want to contact her.

Or email at tentenwhitetails@yahoo.com

Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6390901 08/02/16 12:07 AM
D
Dalee7892 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Looks like a very special place and a great place. The owners sound terrific. Good times with friends are always great.

Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6390915 08/02/16 12:16 AM
N
nyalubwe Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Thanks a bunch for that write up. Im always on the lookout for recommendations from other members here as I think they are a better barometer than the usual 'reference' list. I appreciate it and speaking of lists, Im gonna put Ten Ten on the "good" list. grin

Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6391601 08/02/16 03:45 PM
D
Dalep Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Guess I will check out tenten smile

Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6391895 08/02/16 06:51 PM
TenTenWhitetails Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Thanks a bunch for the awesome review!! That means a lot to us! Can't say enough thanks!

You guys were so much fun and we can't wait to have you back soon! Zach had a blast hunting with you guys and was so happy that you were able to get a bunch of hogs. Next time it's a hunt on those sneaky big boars!!

Zach had nothing but awesome things to say about this group of guys. They were excellent individuals who we consider more friends than just a group of hunters. Practiced outstanding gun safety and were extremely conscious when handling their firearms. Excellent shots who took every opportunity and connected. Those hogs had no chance! The perfect hunting group in all ways and who we can't wait to have back again and again!

Ten Ten Whitetails
Vanderpool, Texas
(830)688-3750
TenTenWhitetails@yahoo.com

Whitetail,Exotics,Turkey,Hog,Varmint,Predator Hunts- Lodging

415 HF/LF Acres.
Min. from Lost Maples State Park.

Darting services avail. Accepting new clients.
Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6438361 09/04/16 11:53 PM
TenTenWhitetails Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Big boys hanging around, even napping at feeders. Think they need to be eradicated!! A few new men competing for the ladies!

Ten Ten Whitetails
Vanderpool, Texas
(830)688-3750
TenTenWhitetails@yahoo.com

Whitetail,Exotics,Turkey,Hog,Varmint,Predator Hunts- Lodging

415 HF/LF Acres.
Min. from Lost Maples State Park.

Darting services avail. Accepting new clients.
Re: Hog Hunt with Ten Ten Whitetails Review (Pic Heavy) [Re: themoonrulz] #6439000 09/05/16 05:17 PM
T
themoonrulz Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
I need to come back soon!! We'll keep in touch. Let me know if y'all get any cancelations.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide