Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6905383 10/02/17 04:31 AM
P
possom813 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
P
Saw my first one yesterday, at a pawn shop actually. I couldn't tell what he was carrying, black semi-auto, plastic retention holster...picking up an AR15 he'd ordered.

I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Creek Henry] #6966405 11/20/17 01:39 PM
P
P1DTAY Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Creek Henry
The only real advantage to the law is that if you are strapped and you accidentally expose your gun you won't get in trouble now. Before you might have.

x10000

texas
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6967901 11/21/17 03:25 PM
H
HankTheTank Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Only seen a couple here in San Antonio. Most recent was the other day at Walmart sporting goods section. I saw a blinking red light on the ground a few feet away from a guy, but didn't know what it was at first. Realized it was a laser from his gun and waited for a discreet moment to let him know it was on.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6969074 11/22/17 05:44 AM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I have open carried a couple of times but I was always wearing a long shirt and carrying one of my smaller handguns that don't print. I don't need the headache of having to constantly look over my shoulder while exposing what I have. I would rather not let people know what I have. But like others have said, the law was passed and aimed to stop people from getting charged for accidentally exposing their carry guns. I have a screwed up back due to a doctor screwing up my back surgery and will be going in for another corrective surgery soon so IWB tends to hurt these days. So now I use a 5.11 Carry Pistol Pouch when I carry. Seriously easier on my lower back and easy to get to if ever needed. I only open carry when hunting since we have some big hogs and the occasional coyote pass through the property. We shoot them on site during deer season.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6969117 11/22/17 11:38 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
My opinion has changed considerably in the last few months after I decided to open carry for one week. I've carried open for several months now and plan to continue. Only one person has said anything and he just introduced himself and gave me his business card, had a gun shop in the DFW area. I carry a 239 SIG in a Ross holster with a thumb snap, rides tight and and unobtrusive.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6969503 11/22/17 05:18 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I am not an advocate of open carry, and have not seen any one here do it (some have stated they do but I have not seen them). We were going to the Friends Of The NRA banquet last summer, I thought surely some one else would be open carying. So I wore a nice western shirt tucked in and carried my LCR .357 mag open.

Yep I was the only one in the place!!!!

I know that I have shown my revolver accidentally, recover it and go on.

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6971772 11/25/17 08:32 AM
O
Old Stony Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
I realize the real purposes of the law, but watching someone wander around with one in the open just seems strange to me. I've seen a few guys wearing guns at our local swap meet and in stores. I sort of liken it to a person wanting attention...like putting a ring in their nose, tattooing their faces, etc... No reason to not be a little discrete with the whole concept....but I guess we all have our ways of looking at things.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Old Stony] #6971974 11/25/17 03:41 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:
No reason to not be a little discrete with the whole concept.

And the reason for discrete would be? Not trying to be a smart arse, it's a fair question. I asked once before and I'll ask again. Is a person more likely to commit a crime in front of a marked patrol care or an unmarked one? Criminals are not noted for their heroic's.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: HWY_MAN] #6972041 11/25/17 05:04 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Quote:

And the reason for discrete would be?

* Blend in with others around me; do not want to attract attention to myself.
* Do not want to advertise that I'm carrying a firearm.
* Do not wan't to be the bad guy's first target (they will most likely scan the area and eliminate the threat).

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: The Dude Abides] #6972369 11/26/17 01:16 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
Quote:

* Do not wan't to be the bad guy's first target (they will most likely scan the area and eliminate the threat).

For what reason?

Yes a nut job would do this ( also less likely)....most criminal acts would involve robbery or a domestic dispute, perpetrators would see the gun as a deterrent and move along or wait for another opportunity ....an aggressive act on their part is less likely.

Flame suit on.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Superduty] #6972527 11/26/17 03:45 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Superduty
Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
Quote:

For what reason?

perpetrators would see the gun as a deterrent

Carrying a firearm (open or concealed) is a means for me to defend myself. It is not meant for deterrence of any crime.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #6975774 11/29/17 02:31 AM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don't get open carry. Why would you want to expose your hand.

Element of surprise is all you got...

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Roll-Tide] #6994904 12/13/17 07:26 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I conceal carry 99% of time. Was at store in line and was having discussion with a lady and she had noticed the imprint. She asked if she should feel safe since I was carrying( had a tone of attitude in her voice)? Told her only if she had her own means of protection on her, I carry for my safety! Not the stores cash register, if they threaten cashier then will approach that then but most times I'm surviving for #1's sake!

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: RLoving1] #6994927 12/13/17 07:49 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: RLoving1
I conceal carry 99% of time. Was at store in line and was having discussion with a lady and she had noticed the imprint. She asked if she should feel safe since I was carrying( had a tone of attitude in her voice)? Told her only if she had her own means of protection on her, I carry for my safety! Not the stores cash register, if they threaten cashier then will approach that then but most times I'm surviving for #1's sake!
What was the look on her face after that? loser8

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #6995111 12/13/17 10:05 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Pale! I'm no hero. bolt Foot action is plan A

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: RLoving1] #6995132 12/13/17 10:29 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Pale! I'm no hero. bolt Foot action is plan A

Priceless..... rofl

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: HWY_MAN] #6999899 12/17/17 08:55 PM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Quote:

And the reason for discrete would be? Not trying to be a smart arse, it's a fair question. I asked once before and I'll ask again. Is a person more likely to commit a crime in front of a marked patrol care or an unmarked one? Criminals are not noted for their heroic's.

Agreed.

happy3

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #7083981 02/19/18 12:12 AM
C
Charlieb68 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I routinely conceal carry, but depending on what I'm wearing sometimes I open carry for convenience, mostly when I'm in a vehicle.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #7110048 03/13/18 06:47 PM
G
Gangly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
I think its silly. When the law passed I was more worried about the safety of the people who OC'd than I was anything else.

Like mentioned above, my pistol is for the protection of me and mine. It is there so that I can remove myself from a deadly situation by force if I am unable to do so otherwise. The first and best option for any deadly situation is to get out of harms way as quickly and safely as possible. If I can get out of the situation without ever having to draw my CC, I am the better for it and will do so every time. With a sidearm attached to my waist and exposed to any Tom, Dick, or Sherri who might want to cause a problem, my options of retreat without being noticed are far slimmer.

Aaron

Do it right, do it once.
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Gangly] #7110123 03/13/18 08:02 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Gangly
I think its silly. When the law passed I was more worried about the safety of the people who OC'd than I was anything else.

Like mentioned above, my pistol is for the protection of me and mine. It is there so that I can remove myself from a deadly situation by force if I am unable to do so otherwise. The first and best option for any deadly situation is to get out of harms way as quickly and safely as possible. If I can get out of the situation without ever having to draw my CC, I am the better for it and will do so every time. With a sidearm attached to my waist and exposed to any Tom, Dick, or Sherri who might want to cause a problem, my options of retreat without being noticed are far slimmer.

And not one person who supports OC cares what you think.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: tenyearsgone] #7110235 03/13/18 10:13 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Originally Posted By: tenyearsgone

OC was good for an accidental exposure but since it was passed lots of places I used to shop have put up 30-06 and 30-07 signs. Said if they were going to limit one they would limit both.
Personally I think the value was not worth the cost.

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: tenyearsgone] #7110266 03/13/18 10:46 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J

Originally Posted By: Crews
cheap Wolf ammo

Yeah.... wolf ammo for practicing is a whole lot more expensive than .223, at a whopping $6 per box.

You don't have to be such a jerk about it; a simple "here's one box that isn't so expensive" would suffice. So you found one type of cheap ammo. I was speaking in general and their .223 ammo is still way cheaper. All the ammo I've looked at in the past has been way more expensive. juggle

Hmm...... need to borrow a mirror?

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: tenyearsgone] #7110733 03/14/18 01:42 PM
G
Gangly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Tenyearsgone:
"And not one person who supports OC cares what you think."

And......

Where you going somewhere with this?

Last edited by Gangly; 03/14/18 01:43 PM.

Aaron

Do it right, do it once.
Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Old Rabbit] #7114058 03/17/18 05:13 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Old Rabbit

OC was good for an accidental exposure but since it was passed lots of places I used to shop have put up 30-06 and 30-07 signs. Said if they were going to limit one they would limit both.
Personally I think the value was not worth the cost.
Be responsible and conceal carry anyways

Re: Since open carry .... [Re: Kev®] #7115389 03/18/18 09:34 PM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
None.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide