Print Thread
Taurus Class Action Law Suit #6378039 07/22/16 12:57 AM
B
barnjoer Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Has anybody heard any new information on this?? It was to be settled July 18th.
Also is anyone on here also A member of the Taurus Forum??
I cant get on the sight any longer. Said I had to reset my password but did not tell me how!!
Any help please. Thanks John

He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived
Keep your eyes moving & stay loaded at all times!!
Proud Member of Gun Toters Forum

[Linked Image]
Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6378195 07/22/16 02:56 AM
hetman Offline
"Trash Master"
"Trash Master"

Taurus Class Action

DO NOT SEND YOUR FIREARM TO THE HEFFLER CLAIMS ADDRESS

Carter v. Forjas Taurus, S.A., et al.

The Court has continued the hearing on final approval of the settlement until July 18, 2016. The claims period will not begin until after that time has passed. Additional details will be posted to this website.

If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.
•Settlement Payment Option – Settlement Class Members may elect to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies and receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol.
•Enhanced Warranty – The Taurus Companies agree to modify their existing warranty for all Class Pistols to allow any owner to submit a warranty claim at any time.
◦The Class Pistol will be inspected by the Taurus Companies at no cost and repaired or replaced with no requirement that you prove the pistol is defective.
◦The Taurus Companies will pay all costs associated with this enhanced warranty, including but not limited to the cost of shipping to and from the Taurus Companies and the cost to inspect the Class Pistol.
◦You should anticipate a minimum three week turn-around if returning a Class Pistol for it to be repaired or replaced.
◦No repair for the alleged safety defects is currently available, so pistols returned under this option will be replaced with a comparable Taurus G2 (or similar) model pistol at this time. You can receive a replacement pistol only if applicable law permits the shipping of a replacement pistol to your state and municipality.
◦If Taurus develops a repair, it can repair rather than replace Class Pistols.
• Safety Training – The Taurus Companies have produced special and particularized safety training addressing the operation and handling of class pistols.

United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Case No. 1:13-cv-24583-PAS

This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by Heffler Claims, the Claims Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.

For more information please call 1-844-528-0180 link

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6378202 07/22/16 03:02 AM
hetman Offline
"Trash Master"
"Trash Master"
Glad you brought this up I have a PT-145 Millennium - never had any problem with it and carry it quite often on the lease for a snake gun. will be checking in to see if it will be inspected or replaced.

[Linked Image]

Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6378342 07/22/16 11:22 AM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
What is wrong with them?

Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: stinkbelly] #6378349 07/22/16 11:38 AM
hetman Offline
"Trash Master"
"Trash Master"
Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
What is wrong with them?

one of 2 things either drop them w/ safety on and they can discharge or they can fire when the trigger is pulled w/ safety on.

I believe a Sheriff brought this suit when his duty weapon discharged after hitting the ground during a fight. it that case it hit a car. And another case gun dropped & discharged striking the owner, Taurus settled out of court.

The suit proved Taurus was aware of the defects and sold them anyway. and slapped them pretty hard.

That's too bad I have a pt145 millennium in 45ACP and its a great carry gun - light/accurate/SA & DA / plus 10 rounds of 45ACP on tap its the only 45 I own that is small enough and light enough to actually carry on a daily basis

If they will trade me for one of the new G2 PT24/7 G2 45acp Comp DA/SA DS 3.5' that would be great.

Last edited by hetman; 07/22/16 11:47 AM.

[Linked Image]

Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6378435 07/22/16 01:31 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
My PT-111 was the worse gun purchase of my life. Every time I field stripped it, I had to ship it back to the factory for re-assembly. I finally sold it for $100 to a guy that was looking for a CCW for his wife. Told him of my issue and he said she will never shoot it enough make him field strip it for cleaning.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6378525 07/22/16 02:54 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Wow, kinda like having a Remington rifle, just enjoying the suspense waiting to see when they are going to discharge.

Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: hetman] #6379019 07/22/16 10:11 PM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: hetman
If they will trade me for one of the new G2 PT24/7 G2 45acp Comp DA/SA DS 3.5' that would be great.

Ain't going to happen. All that has been offered up is Millennium G2 which is only offered in 9mm Luger or 40 S&W. A pistol that retails for as little as $175 against the $300 to $350 you paid for yours.

I've been getting the minutes from the Court and on the 18th, the Court issued an order to follow (the proposed settlement). Now, Taurus can start dealing with the volume of pistols that have been sent to them prematurely.

It would be best to inspect your pistol against the Cause conditions to see if it affected. I have five of them; a PT132, PT138, PT111, and two PT745s (all Pros) and none have the issue. If I send these in, Taurus will inspect them but I will never get them back. There is no repair; just the replacement pistol or cash, the amount depending on how many request that option.

The weird thing is that the replacement pistol has had a number of issues as it is a relatively new design. I personally feel that it was designed specifically for relief in this settlement at a cost that would save Taurus' bacon. No telling what tale will be told down the road about it's service life.

I've been a Taurus customer and have owned a considerable number of their handguns. I won't buy another as Taurus has not demonstrated the value of their product in this settlement. I'm also a member of TaurusArmed but haven't been there in quite awhile, I just didn't care for all the Kool-Aid being passed around.

[Linked Image]
Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6382319 07/25/16 09:47 PM
B
barnjoer Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
It is past the July 18th date. That is why I am asking. I called Taurus Thursday of last week & was told they have not heard anything from the Judge or the Lawyers. Apparently the Judge has not made A decision yet, or the Lawyers are just wanting to rack up more money for them selves!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6382898 07/26/16 10:20 AM
R
Ranch Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: barnjoer
It is past the July 18th date. That is why I am asking. I called Taurus Thursday of last week & was told they have not heard anything from the Judge or the Lawyers. Apparently the Judge has not made A decision yet, or the Lawyers are just wanting to rack up more money for them selves!!!

The Judge has made a decision, on the 18th, that the Class Action carries. I received mailings from the court. Part of the problem with Taurus, Customer Service is always the last to know what is going on within the Company.

[Linked Image]
Re: Taurus Class Action Law Suit [Re: barnjoer] #6420294 08/22/16 11:43 PM
B
barnjoer Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
I have not received anything from anybody as of toady!!

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide