THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
What pants did you use?

Stika dew pants

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
Marisa Tomei " Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A $%#^%& bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a %@^* what kind of pants the SOB who shot you was wearing? rofl

If you are caught on the mountain in a rain storm and you don't have good clothes you will regret it

That's a quote from Marisa Tomei in 'My Cousin Vinny'. Just meant to be funny. My wife reminds me of that scene every time I'm in the camo isle. Google it. I didn't want to post the link on account of strong language. Still cracks me up. roflmao

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6375915 07/20/16 03:44 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
They are rain pants... They are all loud unless you get a micro fleece type then when they are wet they way a ton. Lol

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6376185 07/20/16 07:33 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
They are rain pants... They are all loud unless you get a micro fleece type then when they are wet they way a ton. Lol

loud is an understatement on Cleric's pants from last year ... crumpling plastic water bottles loud. They weren't too brush proof either... roflmao

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6376232 07/20/16 08:08 PM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
For quite rain gear Rivers West is the best I have ever used. I have the lightest ones they sell but sized large enough to go over in as an outer layer. It is fleece type but will put up with a bit of weight added for quite rain gear that stretches with you. Sat through over an inch of rain during a thunderstorm and stayed dry with this on.

Also have a heavier set of Browning Hydro Fleece that still works but is much more noisy than the Rivers West gear.

Last edited by kmon1; 07/20/16 08:09 PM.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6376350 07/20/16 09:18 PM
H
hollidayHunter Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
H
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will keep adding to my list and start scouring the WWW for sales and closeouts. I hope this is not a once in a lifetime chance and get several more opportunities to go out that direction and hunt. It should be a lot of fun regardless. The trees will be changing colors, and hopefully get to hear some elk bugling.

That's my $.02. Here's you're change!!
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6376398 07/20/16 10:16 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6376412 07/20/16 10:30 PM
C
cblackall Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Yup. Camofire is an excellent resource for western gear on the cheap. Cheap being a relative term in this case. Their customer service is second to none as well.

Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: kmon11] #6377441 07/21/16 05:26 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: kmon1
For quite rain gear Rivers West is the best I have ever used. I have the lightest ones they sell but sized large enough to go over in as an outer layer. It is fleece type but will put up with a bit of weight added for quite rain gear that stretches with you. Sat through over an inch of rain during a thunderstorm and stayed dry with this on.

Also have a heavier set of Browning Hydro Fleece that still works but is much more noisy than the Rivers West gear.

I love my River's West stuff. I take it on any hunt I have use of horses or a truck to pack in. It's just too bulky for me on a straight backpack hunt....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6377726 07/21/16 08:46 PM
H
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
H
I just found Camofire on Monday. Just missed out on a pair of Core4element highline pants. They run some good specials on there for sure.

Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6382714 07/26/16 02:12 AM
H
hookemhorns Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I am going to Wyoming on an elk hunt for the first time this year. I have been buying and researching for months. I have not been loyal to any one brand but have looked for deals based on different pieces of gear I needed. Here are a few things I have got.

Sitka mountain pants- found on clearance on camofire
Sitka jacket-probably going to get traverse cold weather hoodie jacket with basspro points
First lite merino wool base layer- sale on their website now
First lite merino wool vest
Alps extreme x hunting pack. Very well made
Schnees hunter 2 boots
Mutliple pair of good quality thin wool socks.

A couple of other things I'm still looking to get that I was is important
Good bino harness
Gaiters
New light pack able rain suit

God is deep but he is not complicated.
Re: Hunting in Wyoming....what to wear? [Re: hollidayHunter] #6383375 07/26/16 06:09 PM
H
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
H
I am going to Wyoming on an elk hunt for the first time this year. I have been buying and researching for months. I have not been loyal to any one brand but have looked for deals based on different pieces of gear I needed. Here are a few things I have got.

Sitka mountain pants- found on clearance on camofire
Sitka jacket-probably going to get traverse cold weather hoodie jacket with basspro points
First lite merino wool base layer- sale on their website now
First lite merino wool vest
Alps extreme x hunting pack. Very well made
Schnees hunter 2 boots
Mutliple pair of good quality thin wool socks.

A couple of other things I'm still looking to get that I was is important
Good bino harness
Gaiters
New light pack able rain suit

Thats pretty much what I have been doing. Got a Core 4 elements rainsuit, over shirt and base layer shirt from Cabelas. Bought a bipod off of Camofire yesterday. Still looking for some pants and base layer bottoms. When I find the right waist they are to short or if I find the right length they dont have the right waist. LOL!
If anyone headed West or coming back from the West needs a place to crash for the night your more than welcome to crash at my place. Im right outside of Wichita falls and have a 4 bedroom house and plenty of room. Just shoot me a message here or text me at 940-631-5121

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide