Rookie Hunter Podcast #6359585 07/06/16 06:36 AM
T
The Rookie Hunter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Hey guys,

We've been doing this podcast for a few months now and we're having a lot of fun with it. It's geared more towards rookie hunters (hence the name) but check it out either way and let us know what you think.

We started this podcast as a way to learn more about the sport and also wanted to share our experiences so that others could learn from our mistakes. We'd like to encourage you guys to get in touch with us, suggest show topics or even share some of your favourite hunting stories. Just leave a note here or send us an email.

The show is getting some traction now and it's great to hear that new hunters and prospective hunters are getting inspired to get out there. We've shared a lot of info from this forum and appreciate how supportive the hunting community is. It's pretty amazing what people are willing to share.

Just a side note, we don't profit in any way from this thing, we just want to create a resource where folks can learn a few things about hunting and get involved in the conversations. We look forward to hearing from you guys and want to thank you again for checking it out. You can find the show from the links in our signature.

Happy hunting!!

Follow the Rookie Hunter as we share our experiences, encourage prospective hunters, educate non-hunters and discuss hunting with some experienced guys!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-rookie-hunter/id1091008357
https://therookiehunter.com
Re: Rookie Hunter Podcast [Re: The Rookie Hunter] #6359623 07/06/16 11:28 AM
974runner Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Great thing you are doing

Re: Rookie Hunter Podcast [Re: The Rookie Hunter] #6360299 07/06/16 09:45 PM
C
cblackall Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Agreed, and subscribed! Just listened to y'alls first podcast, and I'm impressed. Very well articulated, and entertaining. I think this is a really cool idea, not only for the great information you'll provide to newcomers, but also as a record of your time outdoors. You'll look back many seasons down the road, and remember those first hunting trips, the overloaded packs, the trials and tribulations of crappy gear, the countless dollars you'll sink into rectifying said gear...and that first elk bugle. All the miserable nights you might spend outdoors in leaking tents and damp clothes are all but forgotten about the time season rolls back around, and you can't wait to get back out there and do it all again. Your head and heart is in the right place, and it sounds like you're well on your way. I'm in my mid-thirties as well and I've been fortunate to grow up hunting, fishing and camping, but I love to hear stories from folks that are just getting into it, and experiencing all these things for the first time.

Re: Rookie Hunter Podcast [Re: The Rookie Hunter] #6360810 07/07/16 05:00 AM
T
The Rookie Hunter Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Thanks a lot for the feedback! That's really great to hear, and you're absolutely right! This will be an excellent journal of our hunting experiences and I'm sure it'll be fun to listen back in 10-20 years from now. Memories quickly fade away, so I'd encourage hunters to find ways to document their successes and failures as well. Why not? We have a blast recording these.
Thanks again for your comments and please spread the word to new hunters or anyone that might enjoy it. As long as people keep listening, we'll continue to put these out and we'd love to have more listeners from down south smile
Cheers!!

Follow the Rookie Hunter as we share our experiences, encourage prospective hunters, educate non-hunters and discuss hunting with some experienced guys!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-rookie-hunter/id1091008357
https://therookiehunter.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide